BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

Three men were sentenced to death,but a woman entered infront of the king begging him to be kind to her,she said:your Majesty.. I have only these three persons in this world,the very old man is my father,the other lovely man is my husband and the young handsum one is my son, and if you kill them all,,I`ll die also...please don`t kill them...please.

The king said...well you can choose only one of them to be with you,and the other two will be killed.

It was a very hard time as each one of them looked at her and wanted to be saved..

After a while she decided to save one of them....and she said who.

The king asked her the reason why did she choose him,she gave him a very clever answer which made the king to release all of them and sent them free.

Whom did she choose? and what was her reason?

12 answers to this question

it had something to do with the son being a "part" of the husband and father, so by killing the son you're "killing" the husband and father as well. But I can't make that work out.

Three men were sentenced to death,but a woman entered infront of the king begging him to be kind to her,she said:your Majesty.. I have only these three persons in this world,the very old man is my father,the other lovely man is my husband and the young handsum one is my son, and if you kill them all,,I`ll die also...please don`t kill them...please.

The king said...well you can choose only one of them to be with you,and the. other two will be killed.

It was a very hard time as each one of them looked at her and wanted to be saved..

The king asked her the reason why did she choose him,she gave him a very clever answer which made the king to release all of them and sent them free.

will act only as mentioned in the OP, She picks her husband and mentioned the fact that they would have more sons which would likely avenge their grandfather and brother (think Godfather II).

Of course, in reality, she'd be a fool to tell the king this answer, because he would then just kill them all for treason.

The grandfather of the elder brother of her youngest child. That saves her father And since she has only 1 child now, it saves her husband so they can procreate the younger child. And it saves her son since he can not be a brother until he has a sibling.

The grandfather of the elder brother of her youngest child. That saves her father And since she has only 1 child now, it saves her husband so they can procreate the younger child. And it saves her son since he can not be a brother until he has a sibling.

I'm sorry, this makes absolutely no sense to me. Could you explain more clearly how choosing her father causes the king to release all three men?

She chose the grandfather of the elder brother of her youngest child. She used those words exactly as her request.

That saves her father.

Her husband can not die either, because then she would have no youngest child. So if he dies, her request is not granted.

Her son can not die for a similar reason, because if he dies, there would not be an elder brother of her youngest child. That is if I have worded the answer correctly. I think there is a better way to phrase it.

Edited by Nana7

The king said...well you can choose only one of them to be with you,and the other two will be killed.

..like: "..even if you kill one, I'll also die.."

Then I'd have said she chose herself.

she asked for her father to be spared, i think i heard this one before, but instead of the third man being the father, he is the brother of the woman. her reason was that she can get another husband and child but not another father, so the king was pleased with her thinking and spared them all.. im not sure if this is the same riddle we're talking about here.

she asked for her father to be spared, i think i heard this one before, but instead of the third man being the father, he is the brother of the woman. her reason was that she can get another husband and child but not another father, so the king was pleased with her thinking and spared them all.. im not sure if this is the same riddle we're talking about here.

Yes...that was her choice and her reason..!!!very good