BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Harry Potter Mafia I

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sry shadow - we could only do that after this game is over.. we are not allowed to PM anyone on this game .. even the hosts :)) (nox said that in a previous post about illegal BTSC and cheating .. but I have no time to search for it now :) )

PMs to hosts are allowed, as is asking us questions via your role PM thread.

Did you bother reading anything else I wrote?

I read all the other posts. Whether I remember them all is another thing. You think I'm acting suspicious or am making stupid mistakes and wouldn't believe me at this point if I did out my role. So, unless people really want to know, I will wait and see what happens.

I read all the other posts. Whether I remember them all is another thing. You think I'm acting suspicious or am making stupid mistakes and wouldn't believe me at this point if I did out my role. So, unless people really want to know, I will wait and see what happens.

Do you realize what baddies having a spy means to the game play? Outing roles mean nothing without additional proof.

Also, if you are a goodie you have told the baddies they do not need to waste a spy on you. Making it easier to find Voldemort. Unless that is what you want them to think which if so keep up the good work.

Why does everyone imagine my tone of voice as being harsh or mean when they read what I write?

Fine, odds are Thalia is a goodie. Her continuing to offer to give up her role means she is likely a vanilla goodie. Why do the baddies need to spy her now to find Voldemort, Filch and Chess? I was trying to get her to stop. I think it is too late to try to get them to think Thalia might be trying to fool them anyways. But in mafia no matter how much it might be something there is always WIFOM. (Some help would have been nice)

I would have preferred the baddies have to spy more people. But with me replacing Shivam, two other inactive people and Thalia just about claiming a vanilla goodie. There is only so many other options for goodies with actions. They likely have a good idea who Chess and Filch might be. Would be nice if we can do a better job keeping Voldemort hidden.

---

How can you wonder about me using baddies in the 3rd person and not goodie in the 3rd person? Which person should I be using when referring to the baddie group?

3rd - he, she, and they

2nd - you, your and yours

1st - I, me, we

Since I wasn't talking to the baddies directly but talking about them as a group I believe 3rd person is correct. And I think I've been using goodie as more of an adjective or adverb then anything. If I'm talking theory I'm likely to use Baddie, Goodie and Indy all in 3rd person since I'm viewing it from outside a game.

Are you going to attack my grammar more because if so I need to know. I hated English class and will likely need more time to respond.

I need more Advil.

and before the Advil comment is misunderstood as an attack.

I bought some noise cancelling headphones and they are giving me a headache. Not sure if I'm going to keep trying to get used to them or give up. Sound is nice but if these headaches are going to be a result then forget it. So off topic but does anyone have experience with them and know if they will pass?

This is what I've gathered so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong

1. The killer was either Harry or Ron.

2. Hermione spied someone. Therefore, she knows a goodie role.

3. Voldemort was blocked, therefore Wizard Chess knows who Voldemort is.

4. From 2,3 anyone being certain of a player's innocence is either Hermione or Voldemort.

5. Filch knows the identity of one player.

Wouldn't your suspecting me then make you worthy of suspect by your logic?

Know what? Like you I'm suspicious of people who are suspicious of others. I'm also suspicious of people who aren't suspicious of others.

What a fun game this is. If you aren't paranoid then you are playing it wrong. :lol:

This is what I've gathered so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong

1. The killer was either Harry or Ron.

2. Hermione spied someone. Therefore, she knows a goodie role.

3. Voldemort was blocked, therefore Wizard Chess knows who Voldemort is.

4. From 2,3 anyone being certain of a player's innocence is either Hermione or Voldemort.

5. Filch knows the identity of one player.

1. No. Hosts have said Baddie NK says Harry but isn't controlled by person. (paraphrased)

2. Yes.

3. No. Thalia was blocked. She *could* be Voldemort unless Voldemort choose not to act. Goodie killing goodie from lack of info serves the baddie interest. Any player with an action can choose not to use it.

4. No. Filch could be certain depending on who they picked. Voldemort can't spy so they wouldn't know who anyone else is to be certain. Harry, Ron and Hermione know each other and by process of elimination know who is a goodie and therefore innocent. They just do not know the roles of the goodies.

5. Yes.

:P ok, i love how active you are right now ( i would give the ones talking gold stars right now if i could :P ) but night ends in about 45 minutes, make sure that your night actions have been sent and are in red so its easier to see

1. No. Hosts have said Baddie NK says Harry but isn't controlled by person. (paraphrased)

2. Yes.

3. No. Thalia was blocked. She *could* be Voldemort unless Voldemort choose not to act. Goodie killing goodie from lack of info serves the baddie interest. Any player with an action can choose not to use it.

4. No. Filch could be certain depending on who they picked. Voldemort can't spy so they wouldn't know who anyone else is to be certain. Harry, Ron and Hermione know each other and by process of elimination know who is a goodie and therefore innocent. They just do not know the roles of the goodies.

5. Yes.

1. How? If Hermione spies, the only baddie kills possible are either Harry or Ron.

3. Hmm... I thought Voldemort had to make a night kill. That explains it then.