Signups for Trainer's Manual Mafia IV:

Hosts: Araver & Aaryan

Newbies:

1. Hidden G - after the 14th of june

2. flamebirde - ready to go on the 16th

3. JaneDoe23

4. good22

5. The Cube

Backups (people that have played before)

1. KlueMaster

2. Anon26

3. Auramyna

4. ..

Adding the co-host, having 3 backups ready means at least 7 newbies must sign up before we start.

Edited by araver

I'd suggest going with all newbies, and switch to back-ups later. Something tells me that at least 2 of them won't be active.

We'll try for that, since this won't start till June 16th the earliest.

However, I'm trying not to repeat the TMM III experience, where there was a full month between the moment the first signed up and the moment the signups were filled. This leads to even more inactivity, and a round of confirmations adds more delays. *shrug*

Newbies:

1. Hidden G

2. flamebirde - ready to go on the 16th

3. JaneDoe23

4. good22

5. TheCube

1. KlueMaster

2. Anon26

3. Auramyna

4. ..

Newbies:

1. Hidden G

2. flamebirde - ready to go on the 17th

3. JaneDoe23

4. good22

5. TheCube

6. Petrus

1. KlueMaster

2. Anon26

3. Auramyna

4. ..

Hello Petrus :wave:, adding you to the roster.

And changing flamebirde's time constraint.

Since Mafia is also in signups, with both beginner and advanced players, TMM4 will most likely start after Looney is over (somewhere after 21st of June) if there are too many overlapping players. If there are no overlapping players, then we will be able to start it as soon as signups are full ;)

Newbies:

1. Hidden G

3. JaneDoe23

4. good22

5. TheCube

6. Petrus

1. KlueMaster

2. Anon26

3. Auramyna

4. RainThinker

I haven't played a normal mafia game in a long time... :P

If we have enough backups, we could even be mentors for the new players and step in as a backup for our particular player if needed. That way, we have backups and mentors w/out the mentor/backups knowing anything beyond the one role.

TO ALL NEW MAFIA PLAYERS: In the past we have provided mentors for Trainer Manual Mafia. This means you're assigned someone who can answer your questions and assist you during the game. If you think this would be helpful for you, let us know as we'd like your first mafia experience to be a positive one. Once you learn/ get involved in the game, there's no going back. You'll be addicted like me, :D and the more the merrier.

@Cube - different than Harry Potter I ... hmm, not by much. Abilities are rather simpler (such as those in TMM, TMMII, TMM III) with most players being vanilla (no action during the night). Same type of chronological order of actions (>>) which simplify both the story and planning.

And I like vanillas with different names, instead of Vanilla 1, Vanilla 2, etc.

To give you a heads-up, here are the Role Descriptions and rules for the 10 player variant. If we don't achieve that number Aaryan and I will cut some roles out.

Role Descriptions:

Baddies (Mafia): Shady characters, trying to make an extra buck by circumventing the rules and of course. Have BTSC and a NightKill.

WinCon: Removing those who oppose their business.

- The Loan Shark: He has made enough money offering unsecured loans to the nice people in the neighborhood. Wants to expand his business while maintaing a front cover. Ability: When spied, he appears as a random living Goodie.

- John "Muscles": Former linebacker, career terminated by a knee injury. Very good at getting loans back, not so good with strategy. Ability: Each night, can make someone dream of a better world (Block)

- The Dealer: Moving in on a seemingly open market, he struck a bargain with local "enforcement" to deliver his product. Will stop at nothing. Ability: Each day, can bribe his way into stopping a vote (Vote Manip - Can make one vote count x0).

Goodies (Innocents): Peaceful taxpayers trying to keep a clean neighborhood.

WinCon: To get rid of the Baddies by lynching them all during the day.

- The "Doctor": Former Med student, did not finish his studies due to money problems and a recurring addiction. Knows enough to help a player survive minor injuries. Ability: Can save a player each night. Can save self. (Save)

- The Tracker: Former soldier, advanced training as a tracker. Knows his way around and can help, but prefers to be left alone. Ability: Each night can spy on a player (Spy)

- The Baker: Scarred by Muscles in a barfight when he refused to pay, bankrupte. He has sworn to get revenge, but still can't tackle Muscles at night. Ability: His vote counts x2 only if placed on Muscles (Self vote manip).

- The Soldier: Just came back from a tour of duty, still amazed and happy that birds still want to sing for him. However, if the Tracker dies, he gets to play the hero. Ability: No action (Vanilla). Will know if the Tracker dies, but cannot out this to the rest of players (Eliminated from game if he outs it).

- The Shopowner: Still owns huge debts and his business barely covers the vig. Wants a clean way out of the mess he got himself into. Ability: No action (Vanilla)

- The Dock Worker: Worked in the docks for a while, got a job from his childhood friend (the Baker) for a while and now has to sweep the floor for the Shopowner. Ability: No action (Vanilla)

- The Bartender: Knows much, says very little, tries to keep out of fights. But he would like a safe neighborhood for his little boy. Ability: No action (Vanilla)

Other rules:

*Any given day, if the vote is tied, 1 random player from those tied is lynched.

*Order of actions: Save >> Night Kill >> Block >> Spy. Use of ">>" means all actions happen chronologically in that order.

Newbies:

1. Hidden G

3. JaneDoe23

4. good22

5. TheCube

6. Petrus

1. KlueMaster

2. Anon26

3. Auramyna

4. RainThinker

Putting roster on new page. Somehow we need to balance the "not wanting to overlap players with looney tunes" with "not waiting too long or we'll lose the new players the game is aimed at". Guess we'll wait and see who else signs up.

Somehow we need to balance the "not wanting to overlap players with looney tunes" with "not waiting too long or we'll lose the new players the game is aimed at". Guess we'll wait and see who else signs up.

Yes, you are correct.

I was waiting on all time constraints to be cleared before making a decision on this (June 17th is the last time constraint on the roster so this can technically start tomorrow) and also hoping to have 10 players starting (newbies and exp) + 1-2 backups in handy.

So, since Looney's signups will also take a while, I am indeed willing to start this as soon as we have 11-12 players, such as June 17th / June 18th.

Edited by araver

I would signup to this one as well .. but backup roaster is full and technically I did play before.. so cannot join as a new player.. But it sounds a lot more interesting then the usual TMM :D .. if you find a place for me as well.. i would join ;)

one question after the prologue:

- The Soldier: Just came back from a tour of duty, still amazed and happy that birds still want to sing for him. However, if the Tracker dies, he gets to play the hero. Ability: No action (Vanilla). Will know if the Tracker dies, but cannot out this to the rest of players (Eliminated from game if he outs it).

this means that the soldier will inherit the spy ability from the tracker after the latter dies ? or just that he will know when that happens and that's it ?

edit: typo(s)

Edited by Yodell

and i didn't understand this : His vote counts x2 only if placed on Muscles (Self vote manip).

how will he be placed on muscles.

and the vanillas with no action then what is their role ? just to vote? :excl:

sorry about those questions i hope i'll understand the game better when we'll play :thumbsup:

second reply :to add more quest. :P

Answers to questions:

one question after the prologue:

1. this means that the soldier will inherit the spy ability from the tracker after the latter dies ? or just that he will know when that happens and that's it ?

1. He will not inherit the ability, just know that the Tracker (spy) died. But he will need to shut up about this (and use that info when he votes, for example trying to push the vote towards a Baddie claiming to be Tracker).

2. i wan to ask if the time zone make the game harder or we have to know every player's time zone cz my time is GMT+3 and i think the most have diff. than me.

3. and the backups would know our roles or not ?

2. Days / Nights will last for 24 hours (each) and end at 6 PM EDT. (see EDT here).

Knowing other people's timezones is not a must ... discussions can be done in Mafia if people check the thread 2-3 times a day. The 24 hour cycle is supposed to alleviate (somewhat) the problem of having people on different timezones.

3. As it looks now, most backups will probably get thrown in and play from the beginning.

The rest will remain as backups "on stand-by", ready to replace any player that is inactive or announces that he/she cannot play any more. So, they don't know any role until the moment they actually replace someone (and take his/her spot and role)

I don't think we have enough people for assigning mentors (which don't play and can mentor 1 single person behind the scenes, answering questions about Mafia / not actually playing).

4. and i didn't understand this : His vote counts x2 only if placed on Muscles (Self vote manip).

5. and the vanillas with no action then what is their role ? just to vote? :excl:

sorry about those questions i hope i'll understand the game better when we'll play :thumbsup:

4. Yes. The Baker will vote each day for a player, like the rest of the people. Unknown to him, if he votes for the player who is "Muscles", his vote will count as double when the votes are tallied. Baker will not know this. This is a passive ability.

5. Vanillas have no night/day action. Their role is vanilla. They can vote, get killed, and most importantly think and talk in the game thread ;)

i wan to ask if the time zone make the game harder or we have to know every player's time zone cz my time is GMT+3 and i think the most have diff. than me. and the backups would know our roles or not ?

Normally day/night cycles are long enough to allow everyone to play without any problems. I am in GMT +5:30 and never had problems coz of this. However, it is recommended to check the game thread at least 2 times a day.

and i didn't understand this : His vote counts x2 only if placed on Muscles (Self vote manip).

and the vanillas with no action then what is their role ? just to vote? :excl:

It meant if he votes against the person who has the role of muscles, then the vote will automatically count as 2 votes. (I assume you've gone through the newbie mafia guide and know the basic game play).

Vanillas generally try to lynch baddies out by voting against them. Usually, they make the game more interesting. :D