BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You are detective tim, a big time detective. you were riding a train to paris, on vacation. the trip took a day, and when you woke up from sleep, the breakfast trolley was knocking on your compartment. you order a coffe and doughnut, and added some sugar to the coffee, it was always a "Habbit" that you wanted to stop, but couldn't. you enjoyed your breakfast, but the coffee tasted weird, but that didn't bother you. Once you reached paris, you took i a deep lungful or persian air. The first thing you did was go to a nearby cafe and order some baggots, or snails. you had always wanted to taste snails, now's your chance! you scoop it out of its shell, and put it in your mouth... yum, that tasted horrible... What!? as soon as you realize it's horrid taste, you immediately spit it out!! Ugh! it's just like the time you tasted sushi! You guess you didn't learn from that experience. you were walking down to your hotel, when a cop catches you, seeing that you are a detective, and says, "bonjour monseiur, comment ca va?" you reply, "merci." "ah, your arn't from around here! am I correct?" "uee" "Good, now listen monseiur, there has been this criminal who has somehow been smuggling cocaine from here to england through the train that leads there. were have searched the whole train, but we could not find it. can you help us?" you thought for a momment. You were on vacation from england, and you took that exact same train, you didn't feel like solving this one like you did expertly, but unfortunatly, you already have the answer to the crime.

reread the whole thing again, you will see it in the morning, at least.

--try to solve it, it may be easy!

13 answers to this question

The bigger mystery is the persian air which is in Paris. Was it imported? Did he mistakenly take the train to Iran? Is that why the coffee tasted funny? Was it Iranian tea instead? Or was the cocaine hidden in the sugar packets?

Powdered cocaine looks a lot like powdered sugar, but would definitely make your coffee taste weird. It also might explain why the protagonist orders baggots when he means escargot and breathes in Persian air in Paris.

Sugar packets, but it should have been obvious from the start because sugar in packets is typically in crystal form, not powdered. Furthermore, smuggling the cocaine in packets is good, except when you lose your product to people ordering tea. At 4 grams per sugar packet (1 tsp), and the assumption that the English like sugar in their coffee or tea, he is giving away quite a bit of drugs. For someone with the production capabilities of manufacturing cocaine inside of sugar packets (not simply re-sealing) and getting them boxed and on the train, he is overlooking a serious flaw in his operation!

Sugar packets, but it should have been obvious from the start because sugar in packets is typically in crystal form, not powdered. Furthermore, smuggling the cocaine in packets is good, except when you lose your product to people ordering tea. At 4 grams per sugar packet (1 tsp), and the assumption that the English like sugar in their coffee or tea, he is giving away quite a bit of drugs. For someone with the production capabilities of manufacturing cocaine inside of sugar packets (not simply re-sealing) and getting them boxed and on the train, he is overlooking a serious flaw in his operation!

I think the part about it being consumed can be justified, or at least blamed on carelessness rather than poor planning, by the fact that the cocaine is being smuggled out of the country, while you were taking the train into it. The smuggler most likely forgot one of his packages or mistook another package as his when he got off in England.

OMG! I made soooo many mistakes. i meant es cargots, not baggots, and I aslo mean parisian, not persian! I do not know what was going through my head! LOL

Edited by brain storm