BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brian Dennis: Sabertooth

Cavenglok

Okay.

INSTINCT

1. You call up the police office. The chief picks up, weary.

You: Chief! They're attacking tonight!

Chief: What do you mean?

You: Look at the moon!

(there's a pause, then you hear him say, God save us)

You: They're going to do something! They're releasing something...

On cue, a Sabertooth lunges through your window.

Sabertooth: Hello, Detective.

2. You pick up your handy pistol and shoot him. He dies in a bloody heap.

3. You run out the door and downstairs. You look up. Mysterious things are flying across the sky.

4. You fire up to let them know you're there. Kind of a warning shot.

5. You run to the police office to help. The place is a mess. As the sun rises, you hear gunshots and growls and yells of police officers. There's really only one thing you can do at this point. It seems like you need her to do something with you. She's the only one who knows how to get there. That, and well, you just want to see her again. It seems it's mutual. She's looking for someone. Call her name, and she will come to you.

(INSTINCT HAS BEEN DISABLED. I AM NOT DOING EVERYTHING FOR YOU)

You: TIGRISA!!!

Tigrisa: Brian!

You: Tigrisa! Take me to the Sabertooths!

Tigrisa: They're here!

You: Their base!

Tigrisa: This way!

You follow Tigrisa to a building. The gunshots are distant now - you only hear the screams of citizens in the night. The sky is turning a lighter purple. Tigrisa stops in front of a building. Both of you enter.

You: So this is it?

Tigrisa: Yup.

You're in the building you approached before. This time, no one is here. The place is empty. Lights are still on. You look around. You find a man sitting there, petting a tiger.

You: Boss of the Sabertooths, I presume?

???: Yes. You can call me Felino.

You: Felino. Well, I believe I have to put you under arrest.

Felino: You're in my turf now, Detective Dennis. There is no police here. Just you, me, and that lovely woman of mine. (he points to Tigrisa)

Tigrisa winces, then walks over to Felino. She turns and points her gun at you.

You: How did I not see that?

Felino: Foolish man. You think love will save you?

WIT

• 4 weeks later...

Felino: You're in my turf now, Detective Dennis. There is no police here. Just you, me, and that lovely woman of mine. (he points to Tigrisa)

WIT

Is that supposed to imply that she doesn't really want to work for Felino?

• 1 month later...

Alright. First, Tigrisa, a young woman, told you that there's an organization of mobs called The Zodiac Gangs. Each gang is based off of a zodiac animal. You finished the Phoenix, (chicken) and the Basilisk. (snake) Your next target is the Sabertooth, or the Tiger Gang. You find your first one in front of a museum. They're half cat, half human. In your first (failed) skirmish, the Sabertooth fled. You examined the Wild West Exhibition, where the head of the previous Sabertooth was found.

The boss of the Sabertooth has sent you a strange poem-riddle thing. Then you find out multiple threats of assassination of Mayor Finch have been claimed. The chief sends you home after a long day of work. Then you realize that the poem said that the Sabertooth attacked at the latest full moon, a.k.a. NOW.

After fighting a few Sabertooth members, you follow Tigrisa into the Sabertooth base. You find out she's a traitor. Right now, you are basically in front of Felino, the Sabertooth boss. He has a gun pointed at you. Tigrisa just betrayed you and went over to the other side and is pointing her gun at you. I just called out for WIT.

Okay. This requires some info from other players, since this may get us killed.

So, I say we gently ask Tigrisa why she's defected to the other side. Like, what are they doing for her that could possibly be better than helping defeat them? And why would she lead us to them in th first place? Does she have some kind of grudge or something?

Also, I think we should slowly put our hand into our pocket and pull the gun [which is in our pocket, right?] into a position [in the pocket] where we can shoot Felino if need be. Also, are we still wearing our bulletproof armor? [Please let us be wearing our bullet proof armor! *crosses fingers and prays frantically* ] If we are, then we can shoot Felino and if Tigrisa shoots us back, we'll be fine. Again, though, this could get us killed, so I need at least one or two other people's opinions.

Okay. This requires some info from other players, since this may get us killed.

So, I say we gently ask Tigrisa why she's defected to the other side. Like, what are they doing for her that could possibly be better than helping defeat them? And why would she lead us to them in th first place? Does she have some kind of grudge or something?

Also, I think we should slowly put our hand into our pocket and pull the gun [which is in our pocket, right?] into a position [in the pocket] where we can shoot Felino if need be. Also, are we still wearing our bulletproof armor? [Please let us be wearing our bullet proof armor! *crosses fingers and prays frantically* ] If we are, then we can shoot Felino and if Tigrisa shoots us back, we'll be fine. Again, though, this could get us killed, so I need at least one or two other people's opinions.

First paragraph sounds good. 2nd one, I think reaching for a gun slowly is dangerous. More time for Felino or Tigrisa to notice. They'll probably be watching you carefully. Don't they also have a tiger?

Yeah, that would be nice.

Say our vest is bulletproof. Do we still have our taser? If so, throw the taser at the tiger and shoot felino at the same time, and then shoot the tiger and hope tigrisa doesn't shoot you?

If we have the bullet proof vest, that sounds like a good plan. Personally, I would rather shoot the tiger and taze Felino. I didn't get an answer to my question about Tigrisa's wincing. Maybe try to talk Tigrisa into turning against Felino. She doesn't seem to be working for him willingly. Maybe use a lot of hand gestures that will give you an excuse to get your hands close to the gun and tazer (if you have it).

If we have the bullet proof vest, that sounds like a good plan. Personally, I would rather shoot the tiger and taze Felino. I didn't get an answer to my question about Tigrisa's wincing. Maybe try to talk Tigrisa into turning against Felino. She doesn't seem to be working for him willingly. Maybe use a lot of hand gestures that will give you an excuse to get your hands close to the gun and tazer (if you have it).

Yeah, that seems pretty good. I'm not really good at the fine details and stuff, just the coarse structure of the whole thing.

Okay. Just so you guys know, I think I can reply once every week. So cook up as many questions during the week and I'll try and answer.

As for the bulletproof vest, yes, but your head and neck are vulnerable.

The tiger is there. It seems pretty intimidating but peaceful, but I wouldn't count on that.

Interrogation (not really) - Tigrisa

You: So, Tigrisa. You decided that Felino was the better option.

Tigrisa: (shaky) He has the money. You don't understand, Brian. I come from a family with nothing. Felino offered hospitality for one thing.

You: My life. It was a good deal, then?

Tigrisa: ...yes... It's..Uh... Best for the Sabertooths.

So maybe ask tigrisa, if we were to offer her some money, would she join us? Or appeal to her guilt: say something like, And how much money is worth a human life? How much is worth my life? Is felino paying you as much as that?

I'd like to try alternatives to bribing her first but if it comes down to it. . . Appealing to her guilt sounds good. Maybe lots of hand motions to give you a way to get near your gun/taser without being noticed hopefully.

• 1 month later...

I decided to finish this. Least I owe you guys.

So bribe first, then play the guilt game?

Interrogation - Tigrisa

You: How about I give you more?

Tigrisa: Excuse me?

You: I give you more money. I have the President of the United States up my sleeve. I have plenty of money.

Tigrisa: (slightly disgusted, then tempted, then shakier, then clicks gun) I don't think you understand. It's $1000 and my life I'm getting paid.

That obviously isn't gonna work. Why not try the guilt trip?

You: You're killing me for $1000? Is that worth it? I'm not even married yet, Tigrisa. You're about to kill a man with dreams and goals he won't be able to finish. You know what I mean.

(Tigrisa looks ready to cry! Push a little more!)

You: Please, Tigrisa.

Felino: I tire of this game. You watch too many James Bond movies, Detective. Let's kill him and be done with it.

Good thing you kept your taser within reach. You flip it on and throw it almost lighting speed at the tiger, who growls, tries to pounce, but it collapses. At the same time, you whip out your pistol and shoot Felino. However, your aim is shaky from the rush of getting the gun out quickly, and you only shoot him in the leg. He falls over, curses, then shoots you with his own pistol from his pocket. You fall over and break a window in the door behind you. You inspect the wound. In the chest. A mortal shot.

Tigrisa screams and attempts to shoot Felino. The tiger suddenly jolts back to life and attacks the woman. You grab a window shard and charge the tiger so that Tigrisa will have a fair shot at Felino. Having lost their guns, Tigrisa and Felino wrestle while you stab the tiger over and over with the shard while pinning it down. Still alive, the tiger bucks you off. You take the shard and throw it at his neck. Finally, the tiger collapses, and you watch Tigrisa finally knock down Felino. Felino falls near his gun and is about to grab and shoot Tigrisa, but you find Tigrisa's gun next to you. You call her, toss her the gun, and there's a sound of a shot. You can't see anything.

Felino: Ah... Good shot...

You let out a sigh of relief. Then you gasp. You suddenly remembered pain. There is a wave of pain across your chest as Tigrisa remembers you and runs over.

Tigrisa: Brian!

You: Tigrisa... Please... I won't make it...

Tigrisa: Oh **** no! I'm calling the cops and... turning myself in. And get you to the hospital!

You: NO.

Tigrisa: What?

You: Tigrisa... You're worth so much more than to *cough* live in prison... Keep yourself worth *cough* more than $1000...

Your last memory is Tigrisa calling your name, and your eyes close.

Summary to come soon.