BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Please post as many puzzles as you can. This is so we can all enjoy some puzzles! Here's some. If I have a half-box and fill with dimes and a box full of nickels, which is more? The box is twice as big as a half-box. How can I make two people stand on the same newspaper and they cannot touch each other without stepping off? I can not tear or rip the newspaper. How can I throw a golfball as hard as I can without hitting any obstructions and have the golfball come back? Those should start you off.

12 answers to this question

The volume of a dime is less than half the volume of a nickel. Therefore, you would be able to fit more dimes in the smaller box than half the number of nickels that fit into the larger box.

Nickel - 689 mm³

Dime - 340.106 mm³

Edited by SteveK

A Father is dying. He has three sons and a barn. He says "whichever brother can fill the room with one thing will get the room as inheritance." The oldest son tried to buy stones. He didn't have enough. The 2nd oldest son tried to buy feathers but didn't have enough. The third son only bought two things. When he had filled the room he got the room. What did he fill it with?

2 sons and 2 fathers go fishing. Each person catches one fish. There are 3 fish. None were lost. How did that happen?

What is cut at the table but never eaten?

Try to figure these out!