BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Two men are building a house together. One man is about 40, the other is about 25. The younger one is contantly bragging about how much stronger he is than the other man. One day, the older man could not take it anymore. He came up to the younger man and said, "I bet you one hundred dollars that I can push something in a wheelbarrow 30 yards that you can't push". The younger man took that challenge, thinking he could make an easy hundred dollars. They marked off the the 30 yards and got thier wheelbarrow. The older man got to choose the object. The only things around were wood, sand, water, logs, bricks, concrete, and a table. The older man chose his thing and easily pushed the wheelbarrow 30 yards. The younger one, however, could not push the wheelbarrow even one foot. What did the old man choose to put in the wheelbarrow?

17 answers to this question

Water. Water would require some skill so it does not slosh around and pour over. the older beeing older would have that skill.

Two men are building a house together. One man is about 40, the other is about 25. The younger one is contantly bragging about how much stronger he is than the other man. One day, the older man could not take it anymore. He came up to the younger man and said, "I bet you one hundred dollars that I can push something in a wheelbarrow 30 yards that you can't push". The younger man took that challenge, thinking he could make an easy hundred dollars. They marked off the the 30 yards and got thier wheelbarrow. The older man got to choose the object. The only things around were wood, sand, water, logs, bricks, concrete, and a table. The older man chose his thing and easily pushed the wheelbarrow 30 yards. The younger one, however, could not push the wheelbarrow even one foot. What did the old man choose to put in the wheelbarrow?

the other man.

the 40 year-old either pushed the 25 year-old 30 yards and let the man down, or when he told the 25 year-old what he was going to push, the 25 year-old gave the 40 year-old $100 realizing that he had lost

Either it could be,m as everyone has said, the younger man, or as we don't know anything about the two wheelbarrows it could be something with a dimensional respect if the older man's wheelbarrow was bigger, e.g. 60l of water where the younger man's wheelbarrow will only hold 50.

Just a thought :)

The older man put the younger man in the wheelbarrow. The older man is able to push the wheelbarrow with the younger man in it. The younger man however is not able to sit in the wheelbarrow and push himself