BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Secret of Mana Mafia

"Using the power of Mana, a civilization had grown strong...

In time, Mana was used to create the ultimate weapon: the Mana Fortress...

This angered the gods. They sent their beasts to destroy the Fortress...

A violent war rocked the world, and Mana seemed to disappear...

Before all was lost, a hero with the Mana Sword smashed the Fortress...

Though the civilization had been destroyed, the world was peaceful again...

But time flows like a river...and history repeats..."

The capital of the Empire was Northtown, and so was the Resistance's base. The Resistance knew how to keep security tight...yet there was a back door in Southtown. Three figures made their way through this secret way, being given the password by Mara, a Resistance agent.

They were now surrounded by soldiers, and the leader was there.

"Here they are Krissie." said a soldier.

"Who're you? Imperial spies?"

The foremost of the three spoke up. "Hasn't Jema been here?"

"You know Jema? So you're the ones he's been talking about. Welcome to the Resistance!"

"My name's Randi." The boy replied.

A girl behind him spoke to Krissie. "You're the leader? A girl?"

The third newcomer, a sprite child of the Upperlands, broke in. "Jealous, Purim?"

"Knock it off Popoie. We need to hurry up and find Dyluck."

"Wait," said Krissie. "You know Dyluck?"

"Why?"

"He's been draining energy from people who go to the ruins in the east."

"That was happening in Pandora! Why would he...?"

"We'll check into it. Sounds like Thanatos' doing..."

>>>>>>>>>>

Jema stood guard at the entrance to Tasnica, pondering the events of the day. Something was different about the king. Some questions are going to be asked soon, but he was almost afraid of the answers they would bring.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Sheex has infiltrated Tasnica."

"Yes, Thanatos."

"...the Mana Knight is growing into an obstacle."

"Yes."

"Let us be rid of him. He is here in Northtown. He does not leave alive."

"Yes, sir." Thanatos' general turned to leave.

"Geshtar."

"Yes?"

"Do not fail me this time."

"I'm intent on revenge. He will slip past me no more."

>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey boss! What next?"

The Scorpion Army Boss looked at her two soldiers. "What next? We're going to take Kilroy and defeat the Emperor! Nothing can stop us when we get rid of him!"

>>>>>>>>>>

Northtown was filled with Resistance soldiers, Imperial spies, Mana heroes, dark villains. Thanatos smiled grimly from his spot by Emperor Vandole. Dyluck stood next to them, oblivious, fully in Thanatos' power.

It was only a matter of time

Heroes (WINCON: Eliminate the Bodyguard)

1. Randi: (Mana Knight) 1 RID kill per night

2. Purim: (Mana Pandoran) Uses mana to balloon target (block)

3. Popoie: (Mana Sprite) Uses mana to silence target (redirect)

4. Krissie: (Resistance Leader) 1 save per night

5. Jema: (Tasnican Knight) RID remedy for zombies; Randi's mentor (BTSC)

6. Mara: (Resistance Agent) Has 1 spy per night

Bodyguard (WINCON: Eliminate Mana group) Has NK and BTSC

1. Thanatos: (Dark Lich) Target becomes zombie until remedy from Jema (target can't act or post)

2. Geshtar: (Mech Rider) Second chance at Mana group (vote can x2)

3. Sheex: (Dark Stalker) Usurper of Tasnican throne (role steal) If lynched, night's stolen role will be shown

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Last ones standing)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: DEPLOY KILROY! Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: Decoy for Boss

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2; Another decoy for Boss

Sage Joch: LJ

No actions or votes will be accepted past 9:00 PM...uh...EST

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

Edited by LJayden

Backups:

1. NickFleming

Throw me in if you need to. I can also be a back-up host (if that makes sense :blink:) in case something pops up and you need someone else to do something.

I can also be a back-up host (if that makes sense :blink:) in case something pops up and you need someone else to do something.

Makes sense. My schedule looks like it's lightening up a bit so we should be good.

Scorpion Army (WINCON: Last ones standing)

1. Scorpion Army Boss: (DEPLOY KILROY!) Can only be killed by RID. If targeted for NK or lynch, Army boy will die in her stead unless they're both dead.

2. Scorpion Army Boy #1: (Decoy) Has Purim's ability on even nights and Popoie's on odd

3. Scorpion Army Boy #2; (Decoy) Has Popoie's ability on even nights and Purim's on odd

Questions and suggestions for host in blue

An edit in the indy abilities. Don't want two players just sitting around the whole time

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

Backups:

1. Slick

I guess we'll need you nick...

edit: quote goof :huh:

Edited by LJayden

Hi, I'm new here. Can someone please tell me how to play? B))

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

@ LJ/Host

Questions

1) What's the order of sacrifice between the Army boys? Do they go in order? Or random? Or one on an even day and one on an odd day?

2) Does the army have BTSC? And if not, do they know each other's IDs?

3) When does Thanatos get to use his ability?

4) When does Jema get to use his ability? When does it go into effect?

5) What's a killroy? How does the army kill?

6) Do the Bodyguards have to choose who makes the kill each night? Can the kill be redirected or blocked?

7) Does the army boy only die in the place of the Army boss during the lynch? Or also at night?

8) What happens if Randi dies? Does the Army automatically win/lose (because there is no RID kill remaining to take out the Army Boss?)

9) Have you considered the point that if the BGs lose, then the Army automatically loses too? It seems a little strange that the Army has to try to preserve the BGs until all of the Heroes die off... Doesn't seem like it's really possible for the Army to achieve a wincon like that (i.e. the Heroes win as soon as the BGs die, and the Army wins if they have to be the last standing, so if the BGs lose, the Army automatically loses too).

10) Does Thanatos' ability work to block on the same night that it is used? Or does it go into effect the following day?

11) What if Thanatos chooses Jema? Is Jema immune? Or does Jema permanently lose the ability to act/save himself?

12) Are people informed that they are redirected? Is it put in the night post?

13) What happens if mara is redirected? Does Mara get to know who her spy target was redirected to?

14) Are blocks mentioned in the night post?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks!

Hi, I'm new here. Can someone please tell me how to play? B))

1. Molly

2. maurice

3. Framm

4. Segul

5. araver

6. Hirkala

7. onetruth

8. NickFleming

9. woon

10. slick

11. Brandonb

@ LJ/Host

Questions

1) What's the order of sacrifice between the Army boys? Do they go in order? Or random? Or one on an even day and one on an odd day?

2) Does the army have BTSC? And if not, do they know each other's IDs?

3) When does Thanatos get to use his ability?

4) When does Jema get to use his ability? When does it go into effect?

5) What's a killroy? How does the army kill?

6) Do the Bodyguards have to choose who makes the kill each night? Can the kill be redirected or blocked?

7) Does the army boy only die in the place of the Army boss during the lynch? Or also at night?

8) What happens if Randi dies? Does the Army automatically win/lose (because there is no RID kill remaining to take out the Army Boss?)

9) Have you considered the point that if the BGs lose, then the Army automatically loses too? It seems a little strange that the Army has to try to preserve the BGs until all of the Heroes die off... Doesn't seem like it's really possible for the Army to achieve a wincon like that (i.e. the Heroes win as soon as the BGs die, and the Army wins if they have to be the last standing, so if the BGs lose, the Army automatically loses too).

10) Does Thanatos' ability work to block on the same night that it is used? Or does it go into effect the following day?

11) What if Thanatos chooses Jema? Is Jema immune? Or does Jema permanently lose the ability to act/save himself?

12) Are people informed that they are redirected? Is it put in the night post?

13) What happens if mara is redirected? Does Mara get to know who her spy target was redirected to?

14) Are blocks mentioned in the night post?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks!

Here ya go, Bran... you know what? Can I just call you Bb for short? Ok just read up on this

Thanks maurice, that is a huge help! Sure you can call me Bb.

Come to think of it, a strange coincidence... according to that mafia guide, the role list was written by someone named Bb...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy...real jerk. Well if you do well enough in this Mafia game and stick around some, maybe you can replace him in our minds as the true Bb...

Hey! I just noticed your avatar, that's pretty neat. Would you mind if I mimic it on another website I know of?