BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Sherlock Holmes Mafia

MissKitten

Damn, I probably would have failed tonight anyway. Sorry for being so inactive, N3 was the first night I thought I would have information enough to go for a kill.

Edit: And sorry for being one of the people to take you down, slick; I was away at a rehearsal and by the time I got back the day was over.

Edited by harvey45

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost posted a Mycroft target araver post too. :(

Sorry, feel like grumbling over this one.

araver's defense of his vote for Glyce was odd in that he pushed the whole Moriarty thing. Something just read wrong about it, and I should have stuck with it. :( (wishes for a crying smiley.)

P.S I also want to hear the baddies reasonings for their kills.

P.S.S Maurice, you are probably going to get a welcome to mafia vote from me, next game we are in. :D

It's the first time I get lucky as a bad guy. :dance: Thank you Nick!

I did not count on staying alive that much after seeing so many spy roles among goodies and indies.

Inactivity is very BAD for goodies. Seems one active baddie is enough if baddies have vote manipulation.

Also, indies didn't help goodies at all (neither in actions or voting). I figured they would help the goodies because of baddie's wincon.

Had two of the three baddies. :D Should have stuck with araver. :dry:

Not voting against Glyc put you on my radar as the most likely Watson. However, I did not expect you to vote me on any information so I guess your vote was random?

Just curios about something: The explanation of why I voted Glyc in D1 is sincere and I used an "unbiased" spreadsheet (with a random non-important goodie role). I'm actually convinced that a goodie should vote Glyc on those assumptions because it will provide a starting vote in case both Watson and Holmes want to jump on it. It's too good an opportunity to pass if Glyc=Moriarty=Goodie WINCON. And it might confuse baddies who Watson is (even though they know Holmes) and thus prevent Watson from dying one night.

I'm just curious why no one seemed to believe me (and angry too, but that was mainly because of the pills I was taking, sorry about that).

Here's my analysis, since I didn't get to play much...araver is always bad. Next game I am lynching him D1. :lol:

Maurice, I have a truce to propose to you:

- If I am bad I will always kill you on N1 just in case you're a spy and spy on me (like it probably happened here - I just reacted in self-defence with 4 spies around it was likely one of them was you)

- If you're bad, you should do the same and kill me, 'cause if I'm a spy, I will spy on you - that's a promise.

That way, if we both wake up alive on D1, we know we're on the same side. What say you? :D

Edited by araver

I do not like that araver. That means I die N1 roughly 30% of the time? BTW I spied LMS.

I took my death N1 as sort of "hey maybe his logic is kinda sound" respect.

{edit - just realized there are some instances when we are both bad (then they'll be sorry), so my estimation is overstated. But still}

Edited by maurice

P.S I also want to hear the baddies reasonings for their kills.

We got lucky.

The first kill was a sort of necessity - 3 spies around (Holmes, Wigging, MacDonald) 2 of them our target in wincon.

Figured maurice was a good place to start since he likes to know me if he's a spy (slight "meta-gaming", I admit - I could claim random and lie but I won't).

N1)

araver: Spy Slick.

Vine: - (Do nothing, save tries for later)

Vine: Kill maurice.

Answer was "Moriarty learned that slick spied someone". That combined with the nightpost it gave us a lucky Slick=Holmes. If more active spies were around AND a different wording of the night-post, we wouldn't have that certainty.

D1) woon: Redirect Slick to Framm18

(As I said, I suspected Framm to be Watson from his quick vote which did not target Glyc)

Didn't work in the lynch because of LJ :( Wasn't around at that time.

N2)araver: spy Framm18

Vine: - (no arrest since it's even night)

woon: Kill Framm18

We needed confirmation if Framm is indeed Watson. Or yes, a role to claim (even an indie) if it's not him.

"moriarty learned that framm was going to save someone."

D2) woon:Redirect EDM's vote to Slick.

And that's that.

I was hoping that maurice was MacDonald, but in case the game didn't stop, we probably would have gone after harvey next as I thought he's Wiggings (incorrectly). I was assuming Mycroft is still inactive (incorrectly) and would have probably spied Glyc.

:lol: I was actually gonna post something saying I was going to expect revenge on 'im.

There's gonna be a good bit of meta-gaming if any of those goodies and araver are in the next game. And especially if Izzy is in there.

I'm probably going to plead no-contest on D1 if I'm a less-important goodie. It only seems fair.

However, I really need a defense in case I'm an important goodie. I'll think about that.

I do not like that araver. That means I die N1 roughly 30% of the time? BTW I spied LMS.

I took my death N1 as sort of "hey maybe his logic is kinda sound" respect.

{edit - just realized there are some instances when we are both bad (then they'll be sorry), so my estimation is overstated. But still}

Respect for your logic was involved, but I can't prove that. For this game, there's no way I could protect myself if you had a glimpse of me as a spy.

I would like a game where were both bad :ph34r: Just don't tell anyone :lol:

Respect for your logic was involved, but I can't prove that. For this game, there's no way I could protect myself if you had a glimpse of me as a spy.

I would like a game where were both bad :ph34r: Just don't tell anyone :lol:

See, I've only spied on you once, and my reasoning was what I said my reasoning was for voting for you. Yours was the first name I recognized.

Now for this Mafia I figured I know some players a little better, so I went after someone I didn't know. You were never really an option because it was too obvious, I thought. That being said I'll probably target you next time because its too obvious that I won't target you...:wacko:

And I meant that I'd like to think that respect for my logic was involved...I know better. :mad:

Edited by maurice

I'm probably going to plead no-contest on D1 if I'm a less-important goodie. It only seems fair.

However, I really need a defense in case I'm an important goodie. I'll think about that.

For next game planning your defense already, are you?

See, I've only spied on you once, and my reasoning was what I said my reasoning was for voting for you. Yours was the first name I recognized.

Now for this Mafia I figured I know some players a little better, so I went after someone I didn't know. You were never really an option because it was too obvious, I thought. That being said I'll probably target you next time because its too obvious that I won't target you...:wacko:

And I meant that I'd like to think that respect for my logic was involved...I know better. :mad:

And here's how the meta-gaming madness starts. :D I'm probably going to end up being killed N1, thus relieving others of the "pleasure" of holding that "night-one-casualty-forever" role.

What I meant is that respect-for-your-logic was involved. But you'll have to trust me, since I can't prove it, right?

Also, I was trying to keep your promise to slick, so I did not kill him N1.

Same with Framm, who has also been a night-one-casualty so he knew the feeling. So, I kinda offered you the same gift :D

Now, you probably want to offer it back to me ... it's ok, I understand :)

EDIT: And I'm over 500 and missed it :D

Edited by araver

whoa, that didn't take long :blink: GG all, and see! i wasn't a baddie! ;)

PS: didn't expect this to end so soon, finalizing my game right now

edit: emote goof :huh:

Edited by LJayden

And the goodie one, too... sort of. I got Glyc's action, weighting his own vote x2, just after writing the post while I was going back and making sure everything was right. But whether he weighted it or not didn't really matter *shrugs*

• 4 weeks later...