BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

Two women came before king Solomon to resolve a quarrel about which was the true mother of a baby. One mother had her baby die in the night after rolling over it in her sleep and crushing it; each claims the surviving child as her own. When Solomon suggests dividing the living child in two with a sword, the true mother is revealed to him because she is willing to give up her child to the lying woman, as heartbreaking a decision as it is. Solomon then declares the woman who shows compassion to be the true mother, and gives the baby back to her.

Solomon was lucky, as only one woman shows compassion to her child..,now,..what if both women showed the same compassion to this baby...and both reacts the same!!?

Can you help king solomon in this case?..how can you judge which woman is the true mother?

Don`t forget...this case was before christ( B.C.).

24 answers to this question

Two women came before king Solomon to resolve a quarrel about which was the true mother of a baby. One mother had her baby die in the night after rolling over it in her sleep and crushing it; each claims the surviving child as her own. When Solomon suggests dividing the living child in two with a sword, the true mother is revealed to him because she is willing to give up her child to the lying woman, as heartbreaking a decision as it is. Solomon then declares the woman who shows compassion to be the true mother, and gives the baby back to her.

Solomon was lucky, as only one woman shows compassion to her child..,now,..what if both women showed the same compassion to this baby...and both reacts the same!!?

Can you help king solomon in this case?..how can you judge which woman is the true mother?

1) Marry the two women to each other or to the same man. Either way they both get to be the child's mother.

2) Still cut the child in half. Then order both to "lay" with every man until they are pregnant. (Thus replacing the children that died)

3) Let them fight each other to the death winner gets the child,

4) Kill both women, Solomon adopts the kid.

5) Kill both Women and the child. Declare all such disputes will be met in the same matter. The king has more to do than to solve petite issues.

Edited by buceta

1) Marry the two women to each other or to the same man. Either way they both get to be the child's mother.

2) Still cut the child in half. Then order both to "lay" with every man until they are pregnant. (Thus replacing the children that died)

5) Kill both Women and the child. Declare all such disputes will be met in the same matter. The king has more to do than to solve petite issues.

:lol:

conduct a DNA test

This is sooo funny!! :lol::D:thumbsup:

the king should take the child from the two mothers and tell them that the child will be put into slavery. to keep the child out of slavery one of the mothers would have to take the child's place, and then the other one would be givin rights over the child. the true mother should then have herself thrown into slavery to keep her child out of slavery. and the false mother wouldn't put herself through slavery for a child that wasn't hers. a true mother should then be revealed. and the child givin back to the true mother.

1. Baby line-up. Only the real mother could pick her child out of a lineup of a dozen babies.

2. Expert panel to look for family resemblance

3. Charging elephant test. Place baby before a rampaging elephant. Only true mom would risk her life

As the OP does not say more about this process and very few things in this universe are simultaneous:

I would side with the quickest mother that said is willing to give up her child. The second would just copy the other one's response.

It's a good bet for King Solomon and before BC I believe they did not have appeals and lawyers :D

Edited by araver

Threaten to chop in half any mother who does not take the baby home but still chop the baby in half if they both/niether want to take it home. The mother who would put her own life on the line for the welfare of her baby is the true mother.

But wouldn't a stampeding elephant (as in my solution above) provide the same information, be less confusing, and provide a bit more entertainment?

But wouldn't a stampeding elephant (as in my solution above) provide the same information, be less confusing, and provide a bit more entertainment?

is also not the child's mother and should abdicate for not caring for his subjects. A threat can always be relented, I cannot say the same for a charging elephant.

I also did not read your suggestion, figuring this to be a test of my wisdom rather than those who went before

I am so sorry everyone for your false answers, but i have the real one

Solomon will say : As we can't find whose baby is this, we can have Angelina Jolie adopt it . And the case is solved.

what if both wanted to take the baby home?

They can take half each (as in original) hmm, I can see where you are going with this what if both mothers care about the babies life but not more than their own.

May need to threaten to cut the baby the baby in half if both want to take it home or neither want to take it home. Say "Well, in that case if neither of you want to take the baby home, you will not mind if I cut him/her in half" this will put the onus back on the mothers to reason with themselves who should take the baby home to their satisfaction

Joint Custody?

:P

BTW, how long ago did the other mother kill her baby? And how old is the baby?

If the baby is young and the other baby died long enough ego... you could check to see which mother is still lactating

This is a real story from the Bible...I think the baby was a newborne baby.

Edited by wolfgang

Imagine yourself sitting beside the king( as his Adviser ),he turned to you...and asked you for your opinion...what are going to do? how to find out the TRUE mother..using only your logic thinking.

Both women refused the baby to be killed..both of them wanted to take the newborn baby .

Its your turn to decide...please No fight to death..No Torture (We are civilized people),,and No tough methods...