BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I thought this was a good one.

Once there was a man named Sandy. One night, he was out drinking in a bar. The bar closed at 3:30 am. It was already 2:45 so he decided to head out. He took a step toward the door and fell flat on his face. He got up and took another step but again, he fell flat on his face. He gave up and crawled the whole way home. When he reached his door, he went to stand up and again he fell flat on his face. Sandy crawled to bed. He tried to stand up there but this time he fell flat on his bed. The next morning Sandy's wife said to him, "I see we were out drinking last night." How did Sandy's wife know?

18 answers to this question

As she said "I see WE were out drinking", of course she knew. She was part of it!

yeah I guess that could work but thats not how she used the word WE. No hits on the second answer yet though.

Haha I got really confused where this post went but yeah that’s correct. Theres also another answer. Its a very obvious answer too

He didn't get undressed? So his clothes still smelled like bar, and he was covered In street grime?

Once there was a man named Sandy. One night, he was out drinking in a bar. The bar closed at 3:30 am. It was already 2:45 so he decided to head out. He took a step toward the door and fell flat on his face. He got up and took another step but again, he fell flat on his face. He gave up and crawled the whole way home. When he reached his door, he went to stand up and again he fell flat on his face. Sandy crawled to bed. He tried to stand up there but this time he fell flat on his bed. The next morning Sandy's wife said to him, "I see we were out drinking last night." How did Sandy's wife know?

you never stated that he left the bar at 2:45 am. He actually left his home at 2:45pm so his wife probably knew where he was going

Jake is? you mean sandy? and yeah thats the other answer congrats.

The OP says that he took a step toward the door. Should we take that as "was about to" or "tried to" take a step?

And should we assume she knew, not because he was an amputee but, because the bartender made a call?

And what would the call be about, if not a wheelchair? That answer is already given.

The OP says that he took a step toward the door. Should we take that as "was about to" or "tried to" take a step?

And should we assume she knew, not because he was an amputee but, because the bartender made a call?

And what would the call be about, if not a wheelchair? That answer is already given.

Well when you are drunk you dont remember certain things. And thats just an addon to the first answer.

More explanation:

He was too drunk and forgot he didnt have legs and a wheelchair. So, he went to take a STEP towards the door but fell. His wife did have to go and get the wheelchair so thats how she knew. so the second answer is absically answer 1.5 haha. sorry for the confusion.