BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

wolfgang

Question

A king has a beautiful daughter,one day she became very ill, nobody could help her (so the story),and the king swared to marry her anyone who can cured her( if he want to).

In another country , thousand miles away, lived three brothers, each one has something ( magical!!),

the first one has magical carpet to fly anywhere with high speed !

the second one has a magical mirror to see any place on earth!

and the third one has a magical herb,with which he can cure any illness!!

one day,the brother with mirror saw the girl,she was nearly to die...

he told his two bothers and expressed sympathy to save the girl , the second one said ,,we must hurry...I`ll take you to her on my flying carpet.

as they reached,,the third brother gave her his magical herb,and she bacame healthy.

now...each brother played an important role in saving king`s daughter.

which brother deserve her more? why?

Relax...and enjoy...

Edited by wolfgang

Dear frieds....

As English is not my native language, so I`ll stop writing to you.

I was very happy to find such a nice place .

but now I must leave it for ever!

goodbye.

Come on wolfgang; don't be like that. I'm sure that there would be someone here that would be happy to double-check your puzzles before posting them. Hey, to say the least, you could even put "English is not my native language" in the title-description to warn people like NoMinorChords before they open the thread. There are actually a lot of people who are apart of this forum that are not from English speaking backgrounds. I hope this helps.

Also, I enjoyed this puzzle very much, and the responses indicate that people understood what you were trying to get across.

- random7

I hate to be a curmudgeon, but I would like to make a request to those who do not speak English as their native language: Could you please have someone who is fluent proof-read your puzzle before posting? In this case, because it is a logic puzzle, the wording is very important. But because the language is so non-idomatic (or just plain wrong) the reader must intuit the intent of the poster to make an intelligent reply. So, rewording the opening to read: "A king had a beautiful daughter. One day she became very ill and it seemed that nothing could be done to save her. In desperation, the king swore that any man who could cure her could marry her."

Dear NoMinorChords many of us don't speak English as a native language. Sometimes our posts are understood by everybody else and when they're not, one usually asks for clarifications.

Nit-picking about proof-reading, while it is clear that you did understand the OP, does indeed make you look like a curmudgeon. In a word, don't.

Please check the Rules again, especially 5. and 6.

Thank you.

Dear frieds....

goodbye.

Dear wolfgang, this is non-sense. No rules say that you need to have an English degree of any sort. You have the right to post puzzles and answer puzzles as long as you don't break the rules.

I will always ask for clarifications if I do not understand something.

As you've seen so far, most of the people that read your puzzles and your posts understood without asking for clarifications.

off-topic: I have enjoyed your puzzles and would be very sad if you left.

I hate to be a curmudgeon, but I would like to make a request to those who do not speak English as their native language: Could you please have someone who is fluent proof-read your puzzle before posting? In this case, because it is a logic puzzle, the wording is very important. But because the language is so non-idomatic (or just plain wrong) the reader must intuit the intent of the poster to make an intelligent reply. So, rewording the opening to read: "A king had a beautiful daughter. One day she became very ill and it seemed that nothing could be done to save her. In desperation, the king swore that any man who could cure her could marry her."

If that, indeed, was the intent, then the answer is the third brother, with the herb. He might not have cured her without his brothers' aid, but only he was able to cure her.

NoMinorChords, the posters here are a welcoming group, and are respectful to each other. You did not make a good first impression with this post.

Wolfgang, pay no attention to any post like this, I for one enjoy your riddles.

Dear frieds....

goodbye.

Hi Wolfgang...don't say this..your puzzles are nice and I am sure others enjoy themm too..It'd set a bad example if you leave this forum..this forum,will then be only for people who have english as their native lang.

Keep up posting the puzzles dude..

By the way what is the answer to this puzzle ;)

A king has a beautiful daughter,one day she became very ill, nobody could help her (so the story),and the king sweared to marry her anyone who can cured her( if he want to).

In another country , thousand miles away, lived three brothers, each one has something ( magical!!),

the first one has magical carpet to fly anywhere with high speed !

the second one has a magical mirror to see any place on earth!

and the third one has a magical herb,with which he can cure any illness!!

one day,the brother with mirror saw the girl,she was nearly to die...

he told his two bothers and expressed sympathy to save the girl , the second one said ,,we must hurry...I`ll take you to her on my flying carpet.

as they reached,,the third brother gave her his magical herb,and she became healthy.

now...each brother played an important role in saving king`s daughter.

which brother deserve her more? why?

Relax...and enjoy...

This utilizes round logic: If it weren't for the herbs, seeing and going would do no good; if it weren't for the going, seeing and healing would do no good; and if it weren't for the seeing, there's be no going or healing. If I stopped right there I would be more correct than trying to go further...just like the Greek character in The Princess Bride during the battle of wits...if he had stopped after saying he could choose neither he would be correct. But he went on and chose one and died. So I will just say they are equally deserving.

Edited by Muzishn

the brother with the magical medicine..here's why::

The King finally turned to the princess and asked, “Who do you think deserves to marry you, my daughter?”.The princess answered simply, “I will ask each of them a question.” She turned to the oldest brother and asked, “Has your magic glass changed in any way since you arrived in this Kingdom?”“No,” replied the oldest brother. “My glass is the same as always, and I can look through it and see to every corner of this kingdom.”The princess then asked the second brother, “Has your magic carpet changed in any way since you arrived in this kingdom?” And the second brother answered, “No, my carpet is the same, and I can fly anywhere on it, as always.”Turning to the youngest brother, the princess asked, “Has your magic pomegranate changed in any way since you arrived in this Kingdom?” And the youngest brother answered, “Yes, princess, my pomegranate is no longer whole, for I gave you a portion of it”The princess turned to the three young men and said, “I will marry the youngest brother because he performed the greatest good deed—because he gave up something of his own.The brothers and the King all understood the wisdom of the Princess. A lavish wedding was arranged for the prin-cess and the youngest brother.And the King appointed the princess and all three brothers to become his royal advisers. :thumbsup:

I found the story over internet and here's the solution...only part that changed is instead of themagical pill, the third brother had a magical Pomegranate of which he gave a portion to the princess..

the brother with the magical medicine..here's why::

The King finally turned to the princess and asked, “Who do you think deserves to marry you, my daughter?”.The princess answered simply, “I will ask each of them a question.” She turned to the oldest brother and asked, “Has your magic glass changed in any way since you arrived in this Kingdom?”“No,” replied the oldest brother. “My glass is the same as always, and I can look through it and see to every corner of this kingdom.”The princess then asked the second brother, “Has your magic carpet changed in any way since you arrived in this kingdom?” And the second brother answered, “No, my carpet is the same, and I can fly anywhere on it, as always.”Turning to the youngest brother, the princess asked, “Has your magic pomegranate changed in any way since you arrived in this Kingdom?” And the youngest brother answered, “Yes, princess, my pomegranate is no longer whole, for I gave you a portion of it”The princess turned to the three young men and said, “I will marry the youngest brother because he performed the greatest good deed—because he gave up something of his own.The brothers and the King all understood the wisdom of the Princess. A lavish wedding was arranged for the prin-cess and the youngest brother.And the King appointed the princess and all three brothers to become his royal advisers. :thumbsup:

I found the story over internet and here's the solution...only part that changed is instead of themagical pill, the third brother had a magical Pomegranate of which he gave a portion to the princess..

In my opinion, there is not a solid one-answer to this riddle. I believe that the point behind the way it is worded is to provoke peoples imaginations and creativity towards finding a solution; I believe it is that which makes this puzzle beautiful, not the existence of a single answer.

In my opinion, there is not a solid one-answer to this riddle. I believe that the point behind the way it is worded is to provoke peoples imaginations and creativity towards finding a solution; I believe it is that which makes this puzzle beautiful, not the existence of a single answer.

yeah..i got it from the net...but i m still stuck to my first answer

Thank you dear friends asking about me....but I don`t want anybody to laugh at me because of my weak english....

I love you all :wub:

No one is going to laugh at your English. Considering the fact that English is not your first language, I think your English is really good. English is a crazy language and if you do not grow up speaking it, it can be challenging. Most of us understand your English and the riddle is very clear. Good riddle!

Dear frieds....

goodbye.

Dude I'm Bulgarian. I think quite good in English. :thumbsup: