Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

EDIT: Latest update
fabpig has stopped the destruction this time, but now the real game is afoot!
How would you fare as the evil mastermind? Pit your wits against the world and come up with a cunning code! See more here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous game, read this first if you don't know what's going on:

Greetings, people of the world, I bring good news!
For too long this planet has suffered with consumerism, pollution, global warming, bad hollywood scripts, energy crisis, and growing population leading to shortage of food and space. It's time somebody did something, and since we at OctopuppyCorp believe in proactive responsible action, we've decided to step up. We have taken control of the computer systems of all the world's armed forces, and will now proceed to obliterate the United States of America with a massive nuclear stike. Now don't worry, people of the USA, there is no cause for alarm. In order to assist with your orderly evacuation, we will only destroy one state at a time. I think it best that I don't tell you which states in advance so as not to cause panic locally.
The world's nuclear missiles are now controlled by our distributed computer system which I, the CEO of OctopuppyCorp, will command remotely from my secret island base. Don't think that just because you can also transmit commands to the system, this will help you in any way. The system accepts 51 commands, 50 of which are the name of the US state to obliterate. The other command is "ABORT" which shuts down the system completely. Frankly I can't remember why I put that in there, well anyway, it's no use to you because each command has its own unique password. I understand the US govenment is offering a huge reward to whoever can guess the password for "ABORT", but since all passwords are 8 character alphanumeric strings, you have no hope!

Spoiler for For your convenience, here are the 51 commands available:

Also don't bother trying to find the passwords written down anywhere. I know 51 passwords is too much to remember, but writing them down wouldn't suit my hectic lifestyle and paranoid megalomaniac personality. I devised a cunning hashing algorithm, so that each password is derived from the command it authorizes. It's simple enough that I can do it in my head in just a few seconds, without memorizing any big lookup tables. I've probably said too much, since every time I destroy a state you will be able to intercept the command (name of state) and accompanying password. Still, my hashing algorithm is so clever you will never figure it out!

The winner of the game will be:
ME!!! hahaha
But in the unlikely event that somebody guesses the password to "ABORT" it will be the first person to do so.
Anyone can join in at any time, but each player can only make one guess for every state that I destroy.
You may make suggestions as to which state I should obliterate next, if you think it will help your futile attempts to thwart me. Or if you just don't like the place much. We at OctopuppyCorp pride ourselves on listening to our client base and taking suggestions on board. Thank you for your time.

Now, what have I forgotten? Oh yes, the laugh...
heh heh, heh heh hahaha, ahaha, MWUHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Commands sent:

Command: CALIFORNIA
Password: JOQPGJMZ

Command: DELAWARE
Password: FQBXZKDE

Command: ALASKA
Password: LTZKBZJR

Command: TEXAS
Password: TZWDSRBY

Command: ALABAMA
Password: NZCZKBZL

Command: TENNESSEE
Password: FFTTFOOF

Command: IDAHO
Password: IZEJNGBC

Command: ARIZONA
Password: ONYHSZBO

Command: HAWAII
Password: JJZVBIJJ

Command: MAINE
Password: FOJZLDMH

Command: IOWA
Password: XNHBXNHB

Command: UTAH
Password: IZSTGBUV

Command: INDIANA
Password: OZHEOJZM

Command: OHIO
Password: JINPJINP

Command: LOUISIANA
Password: OZHRHTPM

Command: KENTUCKY
Password: ZLDVUOFL

Command: VERMONT
Password: UONLSFWU

Command: MARYLAND
Password: OZKXSZLE

Command: MICHIGAN
Password: OZFHGBHL

Command: FLORIDA
Password: JQPMGZEJ

Command: NEBRASKA
Password: LTZSADMB

Command: COLORADO
Password: MNBPCBQP

Command: OREGON
Password: ONFDSNMP

Command: NEWMEXICO
Password: DJYFNXFO

Command: ILLINOIS
Password: TJNMHKKH

Command: ABORT
Password: UQPABUQP
Thwarted by fabpig!

Spoiler for P.S. Why this is in the games section

#2 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

OK, without further ado, I'm going to get this show on the road. Now, this is nothing personal, but you have to start somewhere....

Command: CALIFORNIA
Password: JOQPGJMZ

#3 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

Ah, things look so imbalanced with just a big mushroom cloud over the west coast. Let's even that out a little...

Command: DELAWARE
Password: FQBXZKDE

Any suggestions as to where I should strike next?

#4 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Alaska seems such a chilly place, maybe it needs warming up...

Command: ALASKA
Password: LTZKBZJR

I'll wait a few hours before the next one.

#5 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

Why, it's all a bit quiet out there. Still, I guess you've either figured it out or you haven't. I was just watching Walker Texas Ranger so it has to be:

#6 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Why, it's all a bit quiet out there. Still, I guess you've either figured it out or you haven't. I was just watching Walker Texas Ranger so it has to be:

Thanks for that; it needed to go! :D

Could Alabama perhaps be next? :thumbsup:

#7 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

Wouldn't count on this attempt. Head for them bunkers.
Spoiler for ABORT......

Hit IDAHO next, with a polaris from Scotland please.

#8 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

Wouldn't count on this attempt. Head for them bunkers.

Spoiler for ABORT......

Hit IDAHO next, with a polaris from Scotland please.

Password not accepted. Due to failure to get password, I won't grant your wish. Yet.

Command: ALABAMA
Password: NZCZKBZL

#9 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

No Clue, but a Northeastern state next pretty please? :) :D

Spoiler for Haikus

#10 Blablah99