BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

PEG

GET

PET

VET

FROM THE ABOVE CLUES CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT FOUR LETTER WORD IS MISSING?

NOTE: NO WORD THAT CAN BE USED IN THE PUZZLE CAN USE ANY OF THE WORD'S

CONTAING LETTERS MORE THAN ONCE.

Edited by peanut

Hi friends, I noticed that there is a one to five rating system for user submitted puzzles in stars along the top of them. I would really like some feedback; it will help me to know what to work on for your enjoyment.

i dun understand your question..

This puzzle requires thought, like most do. Find the specific relationship needed to solve it, and your halfway there. It is intended to be difficult, but is most definitly solvable.

TEMP

The trouble, Peanut, is the solution domain is too open. For instance, the pattern could be semantic, ie. pet and vet are semantically linked, so what is the fifth word that allows peg and get to be linked? No pattern.

If you apply positional numbers to the letters - ie a=1, b=2, etc, then the total value of the words increases by 4 then 5 then 6, so the next word should have a total value of 54 and TEMP uses three of the five letters used so far as well as gets T at the start and P at the end which is something that only G has experienced, so far. A solution, but not very satisfying.

TEMP

The trouble, Peanut, is the solution domain is too open. For instance, the pattern could be semantic, ie. pet and vet are semantically linked, so what is the fifth word that allows peg and get to be linked? No pattern.

If you apply positional numbers to the letters - ie a=1, b=2, etc, then the total value of the words increases by 4 then 5 then 6, so the next word should have a total value of 54 and TEMP uses three of the five letters used so far as well as gets T at the start and P at the end which is something that only G has experienced, so far. A solution, but not very satisfying.

There is still a pattern that has not been found. Hint: there are a few more three letters words that could be added to the list....but four letter words, only one.

You my friend, are very close. Try and hear what I am saying...there is a pattern, once discovered it will give you the tools required to solve this.

The number sequencing pattern I noticed gave me the letters: P, K, G, T, V, E to create a 4 letter word from. Am I barking up the wrong tree with that pattern? What are the other words you could add to the list?

the letter K does not belong. I can give you the word TED to add to the list. There is a hidden clue in one of my replies.

The number sequencing pattern I noticed gave me the letters: P, K, G, T, V, E to create a 4 letter word from. Am I barking up the wrong tree with that pattern? What are the other words you could add to the list?

Edited by peanut

PEG

GET

PET

VET

FROM THE ABOVE CLUES CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT FOUR LETTER WORD IS MISSING?

NOTE: NO WORD THAT CAN BE USED IN THE PUZZLE CAN USE ANY OF THE WORD'S

CONTAING LETTERS MORE THAN ONCE.

I never thought this puzzle would give you guys this much trouble. When you hear the answer your going to think, omg.

ok friends, this puzzle has seemingly stumped all of you; with a massive amount of views and no correct answer. I never thought this puzzle would have played out like this. My question to you now is..is it hopeless? Do you want me to reveal the "trick" to solving it? If I get at least four YES posts, I will gladly do so. In return, all I ask is honest feedback as to whether this puzzle was too difficult, or if you guys think you should have picked up on the clues and gotten the answer.

BCDZ?

I know it's not a word, but these are the only remaining letters in the English alphabet which also rhyme with the long 'e'.

It's interesting that the letters in the four clues can be put in alphabetic order EGPTV between the D and Z.

Grasping at straws....

ok! You found the relationship...all the letters of this riddle have the same sound. Now just write down all the letters with this sound and unscramble me a four letter word. I only found one, as there is just the E for a vowel. WOW, I am so glad sombody saw the relationship. Thanks!

BCDZ?

I know it's not a word, but these are the only remaining letters in the English alphabet which also rhyme with the long 'e'.

It's interesting that the letters in the four clues can be put in alphabetic order EGPTV between the D and Z.

Grasping at straws....