BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This is my first riddle for you guys... hope you like :)

A man and a woman are in a car crash - the vehicles they are each driving collide with one another at quite a high speed. Such is the force of the collision that upon impact the woman suffers severe head trauma and the man loses 18 pints of blood. They are both rushed to hospital in seperate ambulances. Upon arrival at the hospital, despite the bloodloss, the man is immediately discharged home with a few minor cuts and bruises. The woman sadly dies (time of death 08:02 or two past eight am), yet her husband manages to arrive just in time to see her silently breathe a last "I love you", even though the time of his arrival at her bed side was when the minute hand of the clock was exactly central between the 1 and the 2 and the hour hand was pointing at the 8.

How could this be possible? Are we witnessing miracles?

7 answers to this question

the riddle is about the time

there is no miracle, if the minute hand was excactly between the 1 and 2 then this suggests that the time was 8:02 and 30 seconds, but this would still show up as 8:02 on a digital clock. as long as the i love you was said before 8:02 and 59 seconds then it would still be 8:02 even tho the second hand had passed the half way point between the 1 and 2, so no miracle

Edited by spacekatbaby

Well, between you all you got the blood bit, but only pokeman3 got the time bit :)

The man was driving a blood ambulance and lost his load, the woman's husband arrived at the hospital when the minute hand was between the 1 and the 2 of the 12.

:)

I'm gonna have to make harder riddles...

Edited by Solwolf