post-33175-081366000 1282637502.png

Hints will be added later.

The order of the numbers, by row, starting at the top point:

38, 39

See if you can decode the below image:

post-33175-081366000 1282637502.png

Hints will be added later.

Every dot has a value of '1'.

Every dash to the left of a dot has a value of '2'.

Every number less than 10 is represented by 5 positions across the square.

Numbers greater than or equal to 10 have the first digit in the top half of the square and the second digit in the bottom of the square.

Numbering starts in the middle square on the top-right row, going across.

When you come to a square already containing a number then move down to the left one row.

When you come to the end of a row then either jump to the start of the row (or column) that you would stand on if a square DID exist there. (I hope this is clear!)

Every dot has a value of '1'.

Every dash to the left of a dot has a value of '2'.

Every number less than 10 is represented by 5 positions across the square.

Numbers greater than or equal to 10 have the first digit in the top half of the square and the second digit in the bottom of the square.

Numbering starts in the middle square on the top-right row, going across.

When you come to a square already containing a number then move down to the left one row.

When you come to the end of a row then either jump to the start of the row (or column) that you would stand on if a square DID exist there. (I hope this is clear!)

doesn't matter?

I see 5 colors, 10 locations (5 on some).

Dashes are also colored, so this gives 2*5^10 values for each square, or 10^10=10 billion possible values. This is roughly 33 bits, or 4 ASCII chars.

49 squares * 4 chars = 196 ASCII chars.

Maybe squares with only 5 locations have "zeros" in the MSBs.

I could easily be wrong, but I don't think the colors of the dots and dashes matter.

I see 5 colors, 10 locations (5 on some).

Dashes are also colored, so this gives 2*5^10 values for each square, or 10^10=10 billion possible values. This is roughly 33 bits, or 4 ASCII chars.

49 squares * 4 chars = 196 ASCII chars.

Maybe squares with only 5 locations have "zeros" in the MSBs.

I could easily be wrong, but I don't think the colors of the dots and dashes matter. Just their positions in each square.

like this?

Only read the red letters!

No, ignore all colors.

Take the top box and break it into two 5-character sequences: dot-dot-dot-dash-dash and dash-dash-dash-dash-dash. The three dots in the first sequence gives a '3'.

In the second sequence, since it is only dashes, this results in a '0'. So the value in the top box is '30'.

wow. Doing this took me long enough on MSpaint, so I hope im on the right track!

Morse code was mentioned by someone, and it was my first thought also.

However, morse code letters have different numbers of dots and dashes in each letter, and to split each small diamond would mean a number of different letters could fit in each diamond

H O W E V E R : -

Numbers can also be expressed in morse code;

1 .----

2 ..---

3 ...--

4 ....-

5 .....

6 -....

7 --...

8 ---..

9 ----.

0 -----

Good thing about this is that there are always 5 characters. In the grid there are either 5 or 10 characters in each small square.

By reading top to bottom of each small diamond, the dots and dashes also follow what the morse code numbers do (ie there are non like .-..-)

Ignoring the colours I took the first (top) 5 characters and converted them to numbers, and then the next 5 (lower).

So the very top diamond has . ..-- ---- - so I got 3 (...--) and 0 (-----)

In doing all this I got the grid and did notice some obvious patterns.

However there were a couple of squares which did not fit in completely (high lighted in red).

post-34130-027999100 1282691036.png

Best seen in the middle row the top numbers are the same and lower numbers accending.

This can be seen in most other rows, unfortunately those I've highlighted did not fit in.

The squares with only one number also dont seem to have an order, but all the numbers 1-9 are included, non repeated (if that means anything).

Perhaps to take this further and make the odd numbers fit in, it might be worth looking if the colours of the dots/dashes matter, or if 2 colours in adjacent squares mean anything etc... I couldn't spot anything myself but might not beable to see for looking.

I did consider the numbers being combinations (as in combination & permutations)

Or even adding/multiplying the numbers in each triangle or small rows etc etc

If anybody wants to start from scratch again I'll include the blank diamond for you to copy if you wish. Filling in the numbers is easy enough by entering text into MSpaint

post-34130-081557800 1282691759.png

I do hope im on the right track here,

If anybody can see any improvments and complete it, would love it if you could credit me a little.

Edited by slyde87

I was pondering Slyde87's response and noticed some more similar patterns. Since in morse code the number 10 or anything higher cannot be plainly stated it must be referenced as a 1 and a 0. Everything higher in the same way. Now applying that to his solution there is more of a pattern to this. It is sequential counting. The red 10 , 13, 14, 21, 36, 37, all fall into this pattern. Kudos on doing such a great job getting it started!

Edited by alphajonny

I was pondering Slyde87's response and noticed some more similar patterns. Since in morse code the number 10 or anything higher cannot be plainly stated it must be referenced as a 1 and a 0. Everything higher in the same way. Now applying that to his solution there is more of a pattern to this. It is sequential counting. The red 10 , 13, 14, 21, 36, 37, all fall into this pattern. Kudos on doing such a great job getting it started!

Duh, missed that completely.

EDIT TO MY SEMI-SOLUTION

The 26 in the very bottom should infact be a 20

Solution????

Thanks to alphajonny i saw the numbers and simply did a quick dot to dot of the numbers and found a symmetrical pattern...

post-34130-035969100 1282702090.png

ooo pretty.

It was just a rough do to see what happened, but you get the picture (I hope)

Edited by slyde87

Just to toot my own horn, this is the same number ordering solution that I posted yesterday!

lol. Very well done!

By a completely different method, quite impressive that the two answers are the same.

You pretty much did it by decoding the morse code numbers at the same time.

Hints:

Colors of the dots and lines matter. The colors or the square don't.

Shapes are important. Dots and lines are separate from the squares.

Edited by PuzzleNoob

correspoding numbers add up to 50

30 top 20 bottom

39 top 11 bottom

38 top 12 bottom

48 top 2 bottom

47 top 3 bottom

46 top 4 bottom

etc until you get to the middle in which case you start from each side finally getting to 25 and 25

Edited by EE is the way to be

correspoding numbers add up to 50

30 top 20 bottom

39 top 11 bottom

38 top 12 bottom

48 top 2 bottom

47 top 3 bottom

46 top 4 bottom

etc until you get to the middle in which case you start from each side finally getting to 25 and 25

Interesting and good notice. I may have to revisit this again. :) Best puzzle yet IMHO.

wow. Doing this took me long enough on MSpaint, so I hope im on the right track!

Morse code was mentioned by someone, and it was my first thought also.

However, morse code letters have different numbers of dots and dashes in each letter, and to split each small diamond would mean a number of different letters could fit in each diamond

H O W E V E R : -

Numbers can also be expressed in morse code;

1 .----

2 ..---

3 ...--

4 ....-

5 .....

6 -....

7 --...

8 ---..

9 ----.

0 -----

Good thing about this is that there are always 5 characters. In the grid there are either 5 or 10 characters in each small square.

By reading top to bottom of each small diamond, the dots and dashes also follow what the morse code numbers do (ie there are non like .-..-)

Ignoring the colours I took the first (top) 5 characters and converted them to numbers, and then the next 5 (lower).

So the very top diamond has . ..-- ---- - so I got 3 (...--) and 0 (-----)

In doing all this I got the grid and did notice some obvious patterns.

However there were a couple of squares which did not fit in completely (high lighted in red).

post-34130-027999100 1282691036.png

Best seen in the middle row the top numbers are the same and lower numbers accending.

This can be seen in most other rows, unfortunately those I've highlighted did not fit in.

The squares with only one number also dont seem to have an order, but all the numbers 1-9 are included, non repeated (if that means anything).

Perhaps to take this further and make the odd numbers fit in, it might be worth looking if the colours of the dots/dashes matter, or if 2 colours in adjacent squares mean anything etc... I couldn't spot anything myself but might not beable to see for looking.

I did consider the numbers being combinations (as in combination & permutations)

Or even adding/multiplying the numbers in each triangle or small rows etc etc

If anybody wants to start from scratch again I'll include the blank diamond for you to copy if you wish. Filling in the numbers is easy enough by entering text into MSpaint

post-34130-081557800 1282691759.png

I do hope im on the right track here,

If anybody can see any improvments and complete it, would love it if you could credit me a little.

I was just about to begin the same endevour, I am glad you tackled it first. :P

the lines of seven add up to 175. the other lines, according to how many boxes likely tally another amount. Pitch in if you like.

I used universal code, and added up the values of a couple of the lines...they total 175. So without continuing further, that is my final answer. The lines total 175