BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The monarch was born in the land of port.

The volumes were created both long and short.

Blood flowed from the fountain in his art.

The days were doubled and he was awarded his start.

Wine or wine making

The land of port (wine country)

The Monarch (there's a brand called Gossamer Bay)

ref to award (wines are given awards)

days are doubled (a ref to aging?)

Blood flowed from the fountain in his art (the process of turning grapes into wine, wine flowing from kegs)

volumes both long & short (wine bottles come in small & large sizes)

Edited by mojobrain

Stephen King -

The monarch was born in the land of port. - born in Portland, Maine

The volumes were created both long and short. - written both tomes and short stories

Blood flowed from the fountain in his art. - mostly horror stories and fountain pen for his art

The days were doubled and he was awarded his start. - not sure, maybe that he's so prolific he also writes under a second pseudonym - Richard Bachman?

EDIT: fixed spelling cuz am wired like that...

Edited by plainglazed

Stephen King -

The monarch was born in the land of port. - born in Portland, Maine

The volumes were created both long and short. - written both tomes and short stories

Blood flowed from the fountain in his art. - mostly horror stories and fountain pen for his art

The days were doubled and he was awarded his start. - not sure, maybe that he's so prolific he also writes under a second pseudonym - Richard Bachman?

EDIT: fixed spelling cuz am wired like that...

CORRECT!

Stephen King - Author

The monarch was born in the land of port. - monarch = King and he was born in Portland, Maine

The volumes were created both long and short. - Wrote novels and short stories.

Blood flowed from the fountain in his art. - Known for horror stories and fountain refers to a pen.

The days were doubled and he was awarded his start. – "Carrie" his breakout book was published by publishing house Doubleday.

Ah, yes, the last line now makes perfect sense :duh: Nice One!

I was wondering if the riddle was too vaugue...

...so I actually updated my signature before posting it as an added hint...

"The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed..."

...is the 1st line in "The Dark Tower" series...my faviorite!

May I ask what led you towards soving it?

Cool, didnt notice the signature change tho.

was thinking of famous Kings that might have some kind of symbolic artistry something like this: Martin Luther King, Lebron James, Elvis, Stephen King; oh maybe the fountain refers to pen; oh the spilled blood definitely works; volumes long and short also makes perfect sense, must be him; and he's from Maine, maybe Portland *quickie wiki*, confirmed; what about the last line, read Running Man half my life ago so came up with the Richard Bachman stretch...

Would say the riddle was not at all too vague. Tricky, yes, but certainly fair. that's why it's a riddle.

wow.......great riddle :thumbsup::D

Very glad that you liked it...there will be more to come...I will only be posting original riddles, enigmas and conundrums. Also I will not post a new riddle until the current one has been solved because I believe that if my riddle is unsolvable then I don't deserve to post another one.

So now that this one has been solved....it's back to the lab again. :ph34r:

Edited by ninja-krook

Very glad that you liked it...there will be more to come...I will only be posting original riddles, enigmas and conundrums. Also I will not post a new riddle until the current one has been solved because I believe that if my riddle is unsolvable then I don't deserve to post another one.

So now that this one has been solved....it's back to the lab again. :ph34r:

I must say I disagree with you. Even if no one here can solve a riddle, doesn't mean it's unsolvable. Some riddles sit in the forum for months until someone has an insight and solves them. And even if you do make a riddle that is too hard or too vague, so what? You just apologize to the poor souls that have been trying in vain to solve it and make a better one. Well, that's my opinion.