BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

So here is a code that should be challenging but crackable. The only hint I will give is that it is encrypted---twice---and the answers (once decoded) are near and dear to your hearts!

Here is the code!

CFDDFB

BFFHFCGHF

Good Luck.

Edit: If someone solves this I will be very impressed...these are easier to make then solve.

Edited by ninja-krook

21 answers to this question

So here is a code that should be challenging but crackable. The only hint I will give is that it is encrypted---twice---and the answers (once decoded) are near and dear to your hearts!

Here is the code!

CFDDFB

BFFHFCGHF

Good Luck.

Edit: If someone solves this I will be very impressed...these are easier to make then solve.

is it better reembrace?

233332 233432443

What is this minesweeper? Or does it have something to do with letter's relationship of position to each other?

Edited by NickFleming

233332 233432443

What is this minesweeper? Or does it have something to do with letter's relationship of position to each other?

You are NOT on the right track...If people are not on the right track later today I will give another hint that should get things moving. Maybe this is too hard...but I thought it would be crackable.

You are NOT on the right track...If people are not on the right track later today I will give another hint that should get things moving. Maybe this is too hard...but I thought it would be crackable.

Lol I'm sure it is. I'm smart, but I just finished seventh grade, so I'm sure some real good people can do it. Does it have anything to do with position of letters compared to each other? Oh, and welcome to BrainDen! Wait... welcome back?

Edited by NickFleming

Lol I'm sure it is. I'm smart, but I just finished seventh grade, so I'm sure some real good people can do it. Does it have anything to do with position of letters compared to each other? Oh, and welcome to BrainDen! Wait... welcome back?

No it sure doesn't...I imagine I was smarter when I was in the 7th grade than I am now...so don't cut yourself short.

No it sure doesn't...I imagine I was smarter when I was in the 7th grade than I am now...so don't cut yourself short.

Smarter in seventh grade? Now I'm afraid of the future 0_0

Smarter in seventh grade? Now I'm afraid of the future 0_0

You may find that your brain is like a muscle...I just don't use mine enough anymore...:)

Edited by ninja-krook

You may find that your brain is like a muscle...I just don't use mine enough anymore...:)

I thought maybe I was spending too much time on Brainden, but now I think I should spend more time here. It will pay off eventually ^_^

Converting the letters to their position in the alphabet gives

None of the letters are past 9 in the alphabet.

Combine that with the previous hint, and I see:

Enigma

Conundrum

Converting the letters to their position in the alphabet gives

None of the letters are past 9 in the alphabet.

Combine that with the previous hint, and I see:

Enigma

Conundrum

Correct! Very impressive...IMO

By converting the letters to the corresponding numbers is in the alphabet (i.e. A=1, B=2 etc) you are left with the numbers…

If you take those numbers and reference the letters on a phone (i.e. 2= A or B or C, 3 = D or E or F etc) then you are able to decode the words…

Enigma

Conundrum

By converting the letters to the corresponding numbers is in the alphabet (i.e. A=1, B=2 etc) you are left with the numbers…

If you take those numbers and reference the letters on a phone (i.e. 2= A or B or C, 3 = D or E or F etc) then you are able to decode the words…

Enigma

Conundrum

O I was thinking of phone as first step.

BEEN THRU EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF, WITH ALL THE HELP THAT IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET and I hate using anything but my mind, but it cudnt be helped. (sos 4 shouting)

The second code does not exist as a word at all, according to many crossword solving sites etc. Its this ''coded TWICE'' that is getting me. Maybe once Ive figured the other code out (thats if iv even got one figured) then I might see the light. But i think u are guna have to give us a clue.

If letters in code correspond to other letters eg if the F in the code corresponds to E, then there simply isnt a word, aaaaahhhhhhhh,

[lightbulb just appeared above spacekats head] -I just thought. Maybe they aren't words, maybe they are ancronyms or something.

Am I near to cracking one of the codes? could u atleast tell us if the answers are straight forward words?

pls do. this is wrecking all of our heads :) WE NEED HELP

Edited by spacekatbaby

BEEN THRU EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF, WITH ALL THE HELP THAT IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET and I hate using anything but my mind, but it cudnt be helped. (sos 4 shouting)

The second code does not exist as a word at all, according to many crossword solving sites etc. Its this ''coded TWICE'' that is getting me. Maybe once Ive figured the other code out (thats if iv even got one figured) then I might see the light. But i think u are guna have to give us a clue.

If letters in code correspond to other letters eg if the F in the code corresponds to E, then there simply isnt a word, aaaaahhhhhhhh,

[lightbulb just appeared above spacekats head] -I just thought. Maybe they aren't words, maybe they are ancronyms or something.

Am I near to cracking one of the codes? could u atleast tell us if the answers are straight forward words?

pls do. this is wrecking all of our heads :) WE NEED HELP

Buddy...you need to read the thread..this was solved and then I posted the solutions and explained the process...just read the thread...it will all make sense. :duh: