BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Where does light end and darkness begin?

Where does half-full become half-empty?

Where does infinity begin and end?

Show me the start of a circle.

Give me an answer to a question I have not asked.

And finally:

My teacher stated "Double negitaves equal a positive, but no where in the english language are to positives a negitive"

To which I said "Yeah, right!"

3 answers to this question

Half full & half empty are the same thing, looked at 2 different ways. If you really want an answer, half full becomes half empty at the meniscus.

Infinity begins at 0, but has no end.

A circle has no set beginning or end. However, you can just point to any random point on one and say "start and end here".

Yes.

And for the last one, I tend to think of sarcasm as multiplying the phrase by a -1. Thus, by saying "yeah, right" sarcastically, you would be taking 1*1*-1, which turns out negative. If you said them without sarcasm, they would come out as a positive phrase.

(edit: -1 was split between lines)

Edited by harvey45

Where does light end and darkness begin?

Give me an answer to a question I have not asked.

And finally:

My teacher stated "Double negitaves equal a positive, but no where in the english language are to positives a negitive"

To which I said "Yeah, right!"

These are scientifically the same thing. Therefore the question is: "Where does a glass become 50% capacity" at 50%. It changes once it fluctuates any amount.

Why do you ask? The smallest number you can think of. Smaller. Smaller. Smaller. Cant wait that long? Must not need a number that small then. (Bad question)

Why do you need to know the start of a circle? Any place is the same as the rest. If there is good reason for knowing it, certainly you can use any point to figure that problem out.

Give me an answer to a question I have not asked. First of all this isn't a question by the definition of what a question is. A question must desire an answer. If it doesnt pose a query of some sort, its not a question. Any response is a "wrong response" because its not a question. That being said my non-answer would be "No"

My teacher stated "Double negatives equal a positive, but nowhere in the English language are two positives a negative". Okay. Thats not really a question either. its not even a paradox. its an observation "every ball in that room is red. none are blue" grats. Even in math two positives arent a negative.