BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

14 answers to this question

He can easily create a 6x6 square, so using this square he can cover infinite area. With this block size the available sides of the kitchen n*60cm X k*60cm , k and n are positive integers. Maybe he (you) can find other basic blocks, this is just the first guess.

No need for the cross tile, he can just put two L tiles opposite each other (like 69 figure) and have a 2x4 rectangle, so he can cover any area that has height and width both divisible by 2 and one of them divisible by 4 (6x8, 16x16, 50x100...etc)

Edited by Anza Power

No need for the cross tile, he can just put two L tiles opposite each other (like 69 figure) and have a 2x4 rectangle, so he can cover any area that has height and width both divisible by 2 and one of them divisible by 4 (6x8, 16x16, 50x100...etc)

Nice try but please read the question carefully, you must use both tyes of tiels. ^_^

Do you mean us to list all possible rectangles then?

The I'll contribute this 5x6 group to the cause (Helping with the odd numbers).

Puts us a little closer.

Nice try but please read the question carefully, you must use both tyes of tiels. ^_^

Yeah it says using "both" tiles but that could be open for argument, you can say that by using "both" it means you can use any of the two, but in case you have to use the two of them:

post-29022-12713247955517.jpg

5x6, But I think there could be a better combo

EDIT: Tuckleton beat me to it...

Edited by Anza Power

If you are making a bench then this problem is easier then it looks. All you need is one pentagon and 4 Tetrals. What you do is you place one end of 2 tetrals on opposite ends of the pentagon. YUou then take the other two Tetrals and put them in the two remaining holes upside down. So basically they are used as legs. Which creates a 50x30 bench. I'm guessing this isn't the answer but I figured I would give it a shot.

Every square is a (special kind of) rectangle, by the way check the OP

rectangular kitchen
I can create rectangles with not equal sides with my square blocks. Edited by det

Please note that there is no limit to the answers (well there might be, i don't know). However come up with as many combinations as you can, i'll look through them and decide which is/are right. :lol:^_^