BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

A man named James takes a trip in a hot air balloon. No one found him since... until now. Maddened by the lack of communication with civilization, all he mutters is "It was the phoenix! It was the burning phoenix! The hole! The falling balloon! It was the phoenix!" The next day he is shot and a note is found in his shirt pocket. It says, "The phoenix aims for whoever finds the note first in every victim. You will always find the note." You, Detective Brian Dennis, are to solve these three things;

-Who murdered James?

-How do we protect the note finders?

-What is the "Phoenix?"

You may interview with witnesses. You will be informed of the next note finder every time there is one. You may do actions as the detective. Good luck.

The first note finder is a woman by the name of Kristina, James' girlfriend. She used to live in New York with her boyfriend.

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

since I'm so far behind everyone else, though, I think I will just stop with this mystery and start with your next one.

Cool. After every mystery, I post entirely what happened so people know what happened. You can check that too if you're curious on what happened.

Cool. After every mystery, I post entirely what happened so people know what happened. You can check that too if you're curious on what happened.

I will be sure too. Thanks for the heads up!

Framm, you are doing really well. I'll tell you that much.

You, satisfied, drive to the Devil's Tower. You check around, but all you find is people bustling around. You find out that it's actually a tournament, but that Tyler and Mark are first in line. You find a muscular man picking up rocks and dropping them off. It looks like he's making something. You ask him what he's doing. He says it's his bird's-wax, and to get your beak out of where it shouldn't belong. He threatens you saying that he could kill two stones as one bird. He then walks away muttering something about ornithology.

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy working out things like this, makes me work my brain.

Get a closer look at what the man was building. Also, keep a look out for the man, to see if he shows himself around the fencing tournament.

Check in on Debbie and see if she has recieved any letters or threats in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy working out things like this, makes me work my brain.

Get a closer look at what the man was building. Also, keep a look out for the man, to see if he shows himself around the fencing tournament.

Check in on Debbie and see if she has recieved any letters or threats in the last couple of weeks.

You order a helicopter to go in the air. The walkie-talkie buzzes. You pick it up. The officer says it looks like a giant bird.

You order a section of the most trustworthy police to watch out for the man.

You are about to call Debbie when you see Richard pointing down the street.

Richard: That's the man I was talking about.

You squint your eyes to see... Jerry! You catch him and hold him for questioning on the 9th.

Debbie: (seems troubled; crying) 1. No, but I'm scared. Kristina and James both died... What if I find the next note? (pause) What's that by the sun?

You may:

-Search for the Builder Man

-Visit Juliet

-Gaze at the sun.

Check in on Juliet, and then have her put in a sort of protective custody.

Look to see what Debbie is talking about.

Just keep an eye on the big guy at the moment.

What is the day in the Mystery? I have lost track.

It's March 8th. The next day you have the questioning, and the day after is the fencing tournament.

Juliet's been fine, but her trances seem to be more often exponentially. In fact, when you visit, it is rare to find her not talking about phoenixes. You put her in a medical hospital. You make sure she has security with her.

You find Big Builder, who tells you to flutter away. You notice that he is wearing sunglasses with the theme of a red bird. You order the police to keep an eye on them.

Look near the Sun, to see what Debbie was talking about.

I know that this is an older part, but...

Does the "G", in Edward's Y.M.Y.G, stand for Gang?

You look up. And gasp. A group of red planes are forming a giant bird. It continues to soar towards the Devil's Tower. You drive towards the Devil's Tower, but halfway through the trip, they disappear.

Exactly! Nice one. I'll repeat the questions and everything, save you the trip.

1. Are you in a group? Yes.

2. Who attacked Kristina? Morris.

3. Do you know Juliet? Yes.

4. What is the phoenix? Gang.

It's March 9th. You remember that your questioning with Jerry is today. What do you want to ask him?

That's all you can do at the moment. You may do more after Jerry's questioning. Go ahead and try to figure out the Caller's message. I'll repeat it:

Mercutio and Tybalt is slaid

with an authentic steel blade.

They are atop the Devils' Tower,

Intervene, do not dare cower.

You call Juliet to do your daily check. She says Mark and Tyler are both very excited for the fencing match. They say that the sabers (fencing swords which you can whap the oppenent in the arm with) look real.

Jerry: What are you doing here?

What do you know of the Phoenix?

Who is the leader of the Phoenix?

Why did they target James?

More to come if I can think of some.

Caller's message:

You call Juliet to do your daily check. She says Mark and Tyler are both very excited for the fencing match. They say that the sabers (fencing swords which you can whap the oppenent in the arm with) look real.

Ask Mark and Tyler if it is possible to examine there swords.

check the sabers, and since their probably real because of the phone call, can i replace them?

Edit: I also wanted to ask who is the current note finder?

Edited by teekayla

Jerry: What are you doing here?

What do you know of the Phoenix?

Who is the leader of the Phoenix?

Why did they target James?

More to come if I can think of some.

Caller's message:

Ask Mark and Tyler if it is possible to examine there swords.

Jerry: 1. I'm just picking up my car. I'm friends with Juliet's neighbor. I was touristically visiting the Devil's Tower. 2. Phoenix? What? Oh, right, that one thing James was blabbing about. I don't know what you're talking about..? 3. I told you, I don't know! 4. Jeez, why are you assuming I'm in the Phoenix! I would never take part in a murder gang!

Tyler is unavailable, so you talk to Mark instead.

Mark: Nah, I think they lock them up all the time. They won't let ya, I already asked. Hey! (he notices your picture of Big Builder) I know that guy!

You: What do you know about him?

Mark: He's a real scary dude, that one. He always goes about putting rocks in some kinda pattern. Don't know why. His name's Jerry.

You realize that Big Builder looks incredibly familiar. This is the Jerry you know! In a disguise!

You sleep a needed rest. It is now March 10th. You will visit the tournament in the afternoon. Meanwhile, you sneak into the saber warehouse:

You notice that the sabers actually has sheaths. You unsheath one and it feels much sharper than the average saber. Then a guard spots you and kicks you out. Literally. Since you don't have your police license, he accuses you of thievery. However, one of the police officers notice you and tells the guard that you are a detective. Before you can do any more investigating, the tournament starts. I'm not telling you what you may do, because that would tell the answer. B))

check the sabers, and since their probably real because of the phone call, can i replace them?

Edit: I also wanted to ask who is the current note finder?

Oh, and the current note finder is Juliet and her son. I forgot to mention Mark, sorry. :blush: Oh, and the tourney officials say they checked the blades, and that there is no need to replace them.

Edited by Cavenglok

All right, so this is my first reply, but Ive read all the material.

Follow the caller's instruction and try to warn Mark and Tyler about the severity of their blades. Try to prevent them from dueling.

Is Juliet present? If so, take her with you for safety.

All right, so this is my first reply, but Ive read all the material.

Follow the caller's instruction and try to warn Mark and Tyler about the severity of their blades. Try to prevent them from dueling.

Is Juliet present? If so, take her with you for safety.

Jerry: Bird? What bir..? Okay, no use lying anymore. No one'll hurt me in jail. I was making a target for the bombs. Juliet's neighbor? Er... Micheal.

You head to Juliet's neighborhood. You find that Tyler and Mark had already started leaving. You get in your car and floor it the Devil's Tower. And then, to you horror, the tournament starts. You can barely see the Devil's Tower, and you can't see any commotion, but your radio tells you otherwise. You skid into the National Park and blaze towards the tourney. When you're on the Tower, Mark and Tyler were already fencing.

You leap in between them. Tyler lunges. It barley misses you, but it hits Mark in the stomach. He falls over in pain. Tyler then drops his saber on his foot. Both bleed pretty badly. You look up. The planes are back. You remember what Jerry said about bombs. You rush everyone down as fast you can, while you carry Tyler and Juliet's husband carries Mark. You run from the Devil's Tower. That's when the bomb drops. A big explosion flowers on the Devil's Tower.

"Thank God I'm here." you think.

Jerry is arrested for assisting and later turns out, commiting murder of Kristina.

Congratulations, you saved the second victim!

Visit the address in Phoenix, AZ. If it is a house with a person, question him/her:

-Have you heard of "The Phoenix"?

-Have you ever visited Devil's Tower?

-Do you know anyone by the name of James, Kristina, Juliet, Tyler, or Mark?

-Do you know Morris or Jerry?

-Do you know anything about a bomb?

-What is the odd-even code?

Visit the address in Phoenix, AZ. If it is a house with a person, question him/her:

-Have you heard of "The Phoenix"?

-Have you ever visited Devil's Tower?

-Do you know anyone by the name of James, Kristina, Juliet, Tyler, or Mark?

-Do you know Morris or Jerry?

-Do you know anything about a bomb?

-What is the odd-even code?

You do. A burly man with many tattoos that are either red or related to birds. His name is Joe.

Joe: 1. Ph-phoenix? I don't know what you're talking about... 2. No, my girlfriend does though. 3. ..what? 4. Now, where you getting at? 5. BOMB?!? You think I'm a freaking terrorist? 6. (laughs) Ah, when I was young, I used to send codes to my friend and it was called the odd-even code. You get the words of odds, and you line them up - wait, are you..? NO!! YOU'RE A DETECTIVE!! STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!! (slams door) (muffled) Narcissus, the police are here! Run!

call for backup. nuff said.

Gotcha. You completely ignore the round of insults thrown at you and hold Joe and "Narcissa." (DId I say Narcissus last time? Whoops.) They are due to a questioning the next day. A man visits your office and wakes you from your needed nap. Irritated, you ask him what he wants. He says he knows where the Phoenix lives. You give a whoop and you start to interview him. What do you want to ask him?

Gotcha. You completely ignore the round of insults thrown at you and hold Joe and "Narcissa." (DId I say Narcissus last time? Whoops.) They are due to a questioning the next day. A man visits your office and wakes you from your needed nap. Irritated, you ask him what he wants. He says he knows where the Phoenix lives. You give a whoop and you start to interview him. What do you want to ask him?

I know I said I wasn't going to answer this one, but...

Where does he live? Is this a joke?

What does the pheonix look like?