BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

A man named James takes a trip in a hot air balloon. No one found him since... until now. Maddened by the lack of communication with civilization, all he mutters is "It was the phoenix! It was the burning phoenix! The hole! The falling balloon! It was the phoenix!" The next day he is shot and a note is found in his shirt pocket. It says, "The phoenix aims for whoever finds the note first in every victim. You will always find the note." You, Detective Brian Dennis, are to solve these three things;

-Who murdered James?

-How do we protect the note finders?

-What is the "Phoenix?"

You may interview with witnesses. You will be informed of the next note finder every time there is one. You may do actions as the detective. Good luck.

The first note finder is a woman by the name of Kristina, James' girlfriend. She used to live in New York with her boyfriend.

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

go to wyoming and visit juliet ask her:

-does phoenix mean anything to you

-do you know anyone who would harm james or kristina

-is there anyone youre suspicious of

uh i question both robert and morris-

how did you know james?

do you still hold a grudge with him?

do you know anything about his death?

um i catch a plane to gilette, wyoming, and go to Juliet. I try to persuade her to not go o devil's tower (sounds like this place might be dangerous for her). I ask her

why did you have a sudden interest in phoenixes?

what was your relationship to james?

do you still hold any relationship with either kristina or debbie?

what do you know about the death of james?

uh i question both robert and morris-

how did you know james?

do you still hold a grudge with him?

do you know anything about his death?

um i catch a plane to gilette, wyoming, and go to Juliet. I try to persuade her to not go o devil's tower (sounds like this place might be dangerous for her). I ask her

why did you have a sudden interest in phoenixes?

what was your relationship to james?

do you still hold any relationship with either kristina or debbie?

what do you know about the death of james?

With the bribe of a month off his sentence, Robert finally talks.

Robert: James? That son of a [CESNORED] stole my life! Morris had me miserable. I was using James as a weapon, but he backfired on me. I hate him, but you can't accuse me of nothing, I was in this cell the whole time. He died? Deserved it.

Morris: James was that one guy who bullied me in high school. He was always stealing my lunch money. Yeah, I still hold a grudge against him! I don't care if he would be risking his life! He should've reported it! Some nobody named Phil did it instead. I heard he died. Shame. (he actually looks a little sorry, as if apologetic for insulting James; changes expression) Now get outta my house! Get!

Juliet: The Devil's Tower? Oh, it's fine, but if you insist... Phoenixes? You've heard, have you? I know a thing or two about them. There's this one thing about them, they're always giving hints to where they are...

You: You mean, they've found one?

Juliet: Yeah, they found them many times, but they always escaped. Oh, James? He was good-looking all right. I have my husband here, though, and he's a real dear. I heard he passed away. Sigh... He was a great guy. Oh, Kristina and Debbie? We've kind of departed, so it's kind of awkward between us, but we're still friends I would say. Except for Debbie and Kristina... They have this rivalry going on. I only know that a man by the name of Edward shot him. Who would want to harm Kristina... I can think of only Debbie. By the way, I know exactly what happened.

You: You do?!? Can you tell us what happened?

*This section has some religious content - all you need to know is that Juliet is blabbing about phoenixes*

Juliet: (looks off in the distance) The phoenix flies... It can only depart from the Devil, and return to Satan... But when it fails, it burns and is justified again by the Lord... and it is born pure from its ashes, and works under our Father himself. But when he meets Satan, he is corrupted with sins...and so it must be. This is the way humans are. The Phoenix only represents the point of the cycle..corruption..Lord...

*No more religious content*

The murmurs become less and less legible, and her husband is walking by with two boys. He tells you it'd be best if you left. You nod quietly and exit.

The police tells you that Edward is ready to talk.

You may:

-Go to the Devil's Tower

-Interview Edward

-Interview Phil

-Inspect Morris' room

got to devils tower look if theres a guy named lou maybe lou has a clue or something and interview edward

-r u in a group

-who attacked kristina

-do u know juliet

-what is the phoenix

got to devils tower look if theres a guy named lou maybe lou has a clue or something and interview edward

-r u in a group

-who attacked kristina

-do u know juliet

-what is the phoenix

You searched the Devil's Tower. You are allowed to climb it, but you don't find a Lou. So far, Lou is not to be found anywhere.

You sit down to question Edward, who had been transported to Wyoming for the questioning. You are informed that Edward only speaks one letter per question.

Edward: Y. M. Y. G.

Hard as you try, he refuses to say anything else. Disappointed, you stand up to leave, but then he says, "The Phoenix will get you. I swear it. I swear on Romeo's grave." He laughs maniacally, pointing at you as if he shouted a joke.

You ask the officers if he always acted like this. They say that he calls you Romeo. You go back to your hotel, disturbed.

Romulus. My full name is Brian Romulus Dennis. That must be why. But how does he know?

The phone rings. Juliet found the next note. Kristina's head and the note arrived in a package. It says:

Nice try, detective, but you let your guard down. You can save Juliet in the duel of Mercutio and Tybalt on March 10.

It's March 1st.

You may:

-Interview Juliet

-Visit Kristina's apartment

-Decipher Edward's message

-Research duel of Mercutio and Tybalt

-Climb Devil's Tower again

Possible Answers

Edward:

Y- Yes.

M- Morris?

Y- Yes.

G- Gun?

Research duel of Mercutio and Tybalt.

Edward: Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

You research the duel of Mercutio and Tybalt. It turns out that the duel of M and T is a duel between Romeo's friend and Juliet's cousin, respectively. The two families despised each other, and Tybalt challenged Romeo to a duel. Romeo refused, not wanting to harm Juliet's relative. Mercutio, disgusted by Romeo, then accepts Tybalt's challenge. Wanting neither to be hurt, Romeo intervenes the two. However, Tybalt stabs Mercutio under Romeo's arm, and Mercutio dies. Romeo, furious, then kills Tybalt.

You get another phone call.

Is there such thing as a pair of star-crossed lovers?.

You may:

-Go to Devil's Tower

-Interview Juliet

-Investigate Morris' room

Interview Juliet

Does star-crossed lovers mean anything to you?

Investigate Morris' room

Looks for anything suspicious.

Juliet: That reminds me of a game my neighbor's and my children used to play. My son, Mark, was making fun of Shakespeare with my neighbor's son, Tyler. They loved to make fun of Romeo and Juliet. I heard that they're doing a fencing match on the Devils' Tower. They're good, too.

Morris' room is relatively nice. You find out that he's an architect. You don't find anything interesting, except for a poster of a phoenix. You spin around and arrest him. He is put to jail for murder. He doesn't say much, though. But you do find an address in Phoenix, Arizona.

Juliet: That reminds me of a game my neighbor's and my children used to play. My son, Mark, was making fun of Shakespeare with my neighbor's son, Tyler. They loved to make fun of Romeo and Juliet. I heard that they're doing a fencing match on the Devils' Tower. They're good, too.

Go and watch the fencing match, on Devil's Tower and take Juliet with you (for Safety reasons).

Morris' room is relatively nice. You find out that he's an architect. You don't find anything interesting, except for a poster of a phoenix. You spin around and arrest him. He is put to jail for murder. He doesn't say much, though. But you do find an address in Phoenix, Arizona.

Go check out the address in Phoenix. Leave a guard watch on Juliet while we are in Phoenix.

Go and watch the fencing match, on Devil's Tower and take Juliet with you (for Safety reasons).

Go check out the address in Phoenix. Leave a guard watch on Juliet while we are in Phoenix.

The fencing match isn't due till another five days, on March 10. Your flight leaves after. You get a phone call.

Caller:

Mercutio and Tybalt is slaid

with an authentic steel blade.

They are atop the Devils' Tower,

Intervene, do not dare cower.

This is my first time reading this so I'm starting from the beginning.

Did she find get the note before or after James?

Interview Question for Kristina if she had the note before him:

Q1: Have you ever been in the hot air baloon you rboyfriend was in?

Q2: Was your boyfriend mentally challenged/ psycho/ crazy?

Q2: Do you know anyone who had issues with James? Past girlfriends? Coo-workers/Piers?

Q3: How old was James?

Questions for the witnesses:

Q1: How many of you saw what happened and can describe it in detail?

Q2: How long ago did this happen? Today, yesterday?

Questions for Cavenglok:

Q: What day was it when this happened? Is there a specific time?

Q2: How long after what happened, am I questioning the witnesses? Same day? Last year?

Interview Juliet's neighbor

Have you seen anything suspicious over the last couple of weeks?

What do you know about Juliet

-Question Morris

Why did you attack Kristina?

Check out Devils' Tower

Also, in Morris' apartment, check out the Phoenix Poster see if there is anything suspicious about it (anything written on it, hidden messages, etc...)

This is my first time reading this so I'm starting from the beginning.

Did she find get the note before or after James?

Interview Question for Kristina if she had the note before him:

Q1: Have you ever been in the hot air baloon you rboyfriend was in?

Q2: Was your boyfriend mentally challenged/ psycho/ crazy?

Q2: Do you know anyone who had issues with James? Past girlfriends? Coo-workers/Piers?

Q3: How old was James?

Questions for the witnesses:

Q1: How many of you saw what happened and can describe it in detail?

Q2: How long ago did this happen? Today, yesterday?

Questions for Cavenglok:

Q: What day was it when this happened? Is there a specific time?

Q2: How long after what happened, am I questioning the witnesses? Same day? Last year?

First of all, not to offend you, but maybe you could read all the responses first. I understand that you're reading from the beginning, but this way you are completely updated. Although, excellent questions, so I will answer them all anyway.

According to Kristina, she heard James getting shot. What she forgot to mention is that she found the note in James' shirt pocket. Kristina can't answer any of your questions because she is dead, because in your own carlessness, you accidentally left her alone. I will answer your questions for you, though.

1. No, she has not been in the balloon. 2.Not until he "saw the phoenix." 3.This may be helpful for those in need of a list of everyone involved. Here it is:

-James, victim, became mad on a hot air balloon trip, shot by Edward.

-Kristina, witness/victim, James' girlfriend. Attacked by Morris, saved by you, but killed later by unknown.

-Juliet, threatened, Kristina's friend. Mother of Mark, and a little crazy. Seems to know about the phoenix James was talking about.

-Debbie, witness, in love with James. She has been proved innocent (so far) and is part of the friendship between her, Kristina and Juliet. Jerry's ex-boyfriend.

-Jerry, suspect, Debbie's ex-boyfriend. Although it is already proven that James' murderer is Edward, he seems to show significant signs of hatred. Tattoo of phoenix found on arm.

-Juliet's neighbor, outsider, Juliet's friend, welcoming. His son, Tyler, and Juliet's son, Mark, are very good friends. Name yet to be revealed.

-Edward, criminal, James' murderer. In questionings, he will only say the first letter of his answers.

-Morris, criminal, attempted to kill Kristina. Angry at James for bullying him in high school.

-Robert, outsider, forced James into bullying Morris.

-Caller, suspect. Gives mysterious hints.

-Etna, witness, James' sister.

-Flora, witness, James' other sister.

-Burton, witness, James' brother.

4. Irrelevant, but 25.

1. No one was there except Kristina, James and Edward. Kristina and James are dead, and Edward refuses to speak. 2.The investigation started the day after the murder.

1. Irrelevant, Sunday, 1:23 PM. 2. Like I said, the day after on Monday.

Hope you stick along with my riddle.

Interview Juliet's neighbor

Have you seen anything suspicious over the last couple of weeks?

What do you know about Juliet

-Question Morris

Why did you attack Kristina?

Check out Devils' Tower

Also, in Morris' apartment, check out the Phoenix Poster see if there is anything suspicious about it (anything written on it, hidden messages, etc...)

You find out that the neighbor's name is Richard.

Richard: 1.Yes. A huge guy with a black tank top and lots of tattoos, an exclusive one a phoenix, which seemed to climb all around his body. He was pretty frightening. 2. She's a beatiful, married wife. The average wife, I would say, besides her occasional trances. She's really proud of her son. Speaking of which, there's a fencing match beween Juliet's son and mine! You should come and watch!

You: Thanks, I will.

Morris: Phoenix told me to.

You: Do you know where exactly this Phoenix lives?

Morris: Somewhere in Arizona.

You: Is it this address? (you show him the address found in his room)

Morris: Yeah.

You check out Morris' poster. On a corner it says, "phoenix four, The of wings." You put

the gibberish in your pocket.

Richard: Do you know where he was headed?

Morris: Who is the Phoenix, and why did he want James and Krstina killed?

Also, Check out Devil's Tower. Especially where the Fencing Exhibition is being held, for anything that might be suspicious.

In reference to the callers last clue. It makes me think that there is going to be an attempt on Tyler and Mark's lives.

No. Sorry. Pretty close, though.

Did the hot air ballon some how get a hole in it, the come falling down? Did the fire light the balloon in flames, so that when falling, it looked like a Pheonix.

First of all, not to offend you, but maybe you could read all the responses first. I understand that you're reading from the beginning, but this way you are completely updated. Although, excellent questions, so I will answer them all anyway.

According to Kristina, she heard James getting shot. What she forgot to mention is that she found the note in James' shirt pocket. Kristina can't answer any of your questions because she is dead, because in your own carlessness, you accidentally left her alone. I will answer your questions for you, though.

1. No, she has not been in the balloon. 2.Not until he "saw the phoenix." 3.This may be helpful for those in need of a list of everyone involved. Here it is:

-James, victim, became mad on a hot air balloon trip, shot by Edward.

-Kristina, witness/victim, James' girlfriend. Attacked by Morris, saved by you, but killed later by unknown.

-Juliet, threatened, Kristina's friend. Mother of Mark, and a little crazy. Seems to know about the phoenix James was talking about.

-Debbie, witness, in love with James. She has been proved innocent (so far) and is part of the friendship between her, Kristina and Juliet. Jerry's ex-boyfriend.

-Jerry, suspect, Debbie's ex-boyfriend. Although it is already proven that James' murderer is Edward, he seems to show significant signs of hatred. Tattoo of phoenix found on arm.

-Juliet's neighbor, outsider, Juliet's friend, welcoming. His son, Tyler, and Juliet's son, Mark, are very good friends. Name yet to be revealed.

-Edward, criminal, James' murderer. In questionings, he will only say the first letter of his answers.

-Morris, criminal, attempted to kill Kristina. Angry at James for bullying him in high school.

-Robert, outsider, forced James into bullying Morris.

-Caller, suspect. Gives mysterious hints.

-Etna, witness, James' sister.

-Flora, witness, James' other sister.

-Burton, witness, James' brother.

4. Irrelevant, but 25.

1. No one was there except Kristina, James and Edward. Kristina and James are dead, and Edward refuses to speak. 2.The investigation started the day after the murder.

1. Irrelevant, Sunday, 1:23 PM. 2. Like I said, the day after on Monday.

Hope you stick along with my riddle.

why are they irrelevant?

Did the hot air ballon some how get a hole in it, the come falling down? Did the fire light the balloon in flames, so that when falling, it looked like a Pheonix.

Yes, the balloon did get a hole in it, because someone shot it. It fell in the woods. You know what happened from there.

Age really doesn't take a big part in this, except for maybe the fourth victim, who is really old. Otherwise, it's irrelevant. Next time, I'll make age a big part, so look forward to it. :D

i will

Richard: Do you know where he was headed?

Morris: Who is the Phoenix, and why did he want James and Krstina killed?

Also, Check out Devil's Tower. Especially where the Fencing Exhibition is being held, for anything that might be suspicious.

In reference to the callers last clue. It makes me think that there is going to be an attempt on Tyler and Mark's lives.

Framm, you are doing really well. I'll tell you that much.

Richard: 1. I'm not sure... I remember what he was muttering. Something about a girl named Debbie and the Devil's Tower.

Morris: I want a year off my sentence.

You and Morris are starting to negotiate the terms, but then you snap back to yourself.

You: That's it, I'm not negotiating with a criminal!

Morris: Why won't you stop leaving us alone! (expression turned to extremely aggresive) He'll get you, oh yes, Bossman will... (he looks surprised) uh-oh...

You, satisfied, drive to the Devil's Tower. You check around, but all you find is people bustling around. You find out that it's actually a tournament, but that Tyler and Mark are first in line. You find a muscular man picking up rocks and dropping them off. It looks like he's making something. You ask him what he's doing. He says it's his bird's-wax, and to get your beak out of where it shouldn't belong. He threatens you saying that he could kill two stones as one bird. He then walks away muttering something about ornithology.