BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Mafia Game: Ocean 11

Framm 18

I am making this topic to get some feedback for the mafia Pablos4pandas and me are hosting. Since it is my first attempt at hosting, I am asking for some help to make this a success. Thanks in advance for the feedback. The names are still being finalized.

Redwall Mafia

Host/Co-host- Framm 18/Pablos4Pandas

Baddies-

Wincon- Kill all goodies or be in the majority

Group kill

Badrang the Tyrant- Blocks a player every night.

Cluny the Scourge- On even nights has diverts all actions targeted for him to another player. On odd nights, can change the vote of a player of his choice.

Ublaz Mad Eyes- Using his hypnotic eyes, he gets one player to tell him their role every night.

Goodies-

Wincon- Kill all baddies.

Matthias- Wielding the sword of Martin, he kills every night.

Blocker-Boar the Fighter?

Healer-Abbess Germaine?- Chooses a player to save on even nights. Can save self once.

Saver- Foremole- Chooses a player to save on odd nights. Can save self once

Own Vote 1x, 2x, or 0x-Friar

Kidnapper- Guosim (group) Kidnaps the player, negating that players night action and cannot participate in that days lynch.

Spy- Queen Warbeak or Samkim

Ghost of Martin- is known from the start. Knows all of the goodies, and can give a clue via the host/co-host to a goodie each night in the form of a riddle. (or a variation of this role)(If you have read the series you will understand the need for this role). Spy on odd nights that takes a day to find out then can alter the night post on even nights. as long as we approve it or make this a role that is taken over by the first goodie killed. (this is the other idea).

If killed takes the killer with him/her (not sure about this role).

Indy-

Wincon-Kill Matthias

Slagar the Cruel- Having his face horrible disfigured while fleeing Redwall Abbey, he wants revenge on Matthias for what happened. Can RID Kill every odd night, if he fails two times in a row, will have role revealed to player targeted the second time. If Matthias is killed another way, he must be the last one standing.

Edited by Framm 18

I like the idea Framm. A few things

Do the baddies have BTSC?

If Ghost of Martin is to be known, have him only be known to the Goodies because if not he becomes a target Night 1. Pm them the Id along with their roles

Also I like the balance and the Indy wincon. But organize it a little bit better and finalize the names.

I like the idea Framm. A few things

Do the baddies have BTSC? Yes they do.

If Ghost of Martin is to be known, have him only be known to the Goodies because if not he becomes a target Night 1. Pm them the Id along with their roles. I was originally thinking of having it be a nonkillable, nonlynchable role but thought that it was a bit to powerful and forgot to edit the role.

Also I like the balance and the Indy wincon. But organize it a little bit better and finalize the names.Thanks for the feedback.

I will add some of the basic rules a little later today.

Ok, I think that we have it worked out. Thanks again for the help. :thumbsup:

Redwall Mafia

Host/Co-host- Framm 18/Pablos4pandas

Baddies- Have BTSC

Group kill

Badrang the Tyrant- Using his brute force, blocks a player every night.

Cluny the Scourge- On even nights has one player receive the actions that are aimed towards him. On odd nights, can change the vote of a player to the player of his choice.

Ublaz Mad Eyes- Using his hypnotic eyes, he gets one player to tell him their role.

Goodies-

Wincon- Kill all baddies.

Sergeant Wonwill- A boxing hare. Will sneak up on a player knocking them out for the night, preventing them from acting.

Abbess Germaine- With her knowledge of the healing arts, can save every even night, Can only save self once.

Sister May- With the herbs gathered outside of Redwall abbey she can save every odd night. Can save self only once.

Friar Hugo – bribes the Recorders(Hosts) with his food to allow him to change his vote to 2x, 1x, or 0x.

Guosim (group)- Gangs up on a player kidnapping them, negating that players night action and cannot

participate in that day’s lynch.

Gonff- Using his stealth can spy on any player without being detected.

Ghost of Martin- Is known by all of the goodies. Can spy on odd nights, however, it takes a day to find out then can alter the night post on even nights as long as we approve it.

Urthstripe the Strong- If targeted by a killing role, gets overcome by Bloodwrath and kills the attacker as well.

Indy-

Wincon-Kill Matthias

Slagar the Cruel- Having his face horrible disfigured while fleeing Redwall Abbey, he wants revenge on Matthias for what happened. Can RID Kill every odd night, if he fails two times in a row, it will be revealed to the player that he was targeted for an RID kill. If Matthias is killed another way, he must be the last one standing.

Basic Rules:

Blocks always prevail, and will be included in the night post if relevant.

In the case of a tie lynch. 1st time- no lynch, afterwards a random player gets lynched that was involved in the tie.

Inactivity- if inactive for a cycle and a half (Day/night then Day again or vice-versa) will be replaced or killed off the following night/day. Inactivity is defined as No PMing us an action or letting us know you are passing on the action during the night and no relevant posts (as in giving a vote or at least giving a reason for not voting) during the day.

For Urthstripes position, what if he is targetted by an RID kill? Will he also kill them just if the RID'er gets it right or if they target him at all.

Only if the RID is successful.

I will reword the role to make it clearer.

Urthstripe the Strong- If targeted by a successful kill attempt, gets overcome by Bloodwrath and kills the attacker as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Log-a-LogGuosim (group)- Kidnaps a player, negating that players night action and cannot

participate in that days lynch.

This would make more sense for a single player. It's your choice if you want to accept it though.

Edited by RainThinker

Is Gonff an action spy or role spy?

Some suggestions:

I think the goodies are too powerful, with the kill role. (you could make it that he has to kill every night)

The two save roles should be merged, and have another goodie role.

Matthias should have protection from Slagar (like can't die while X is alive or X dies in his place)

Is Gonff an action spy or role spy?Role Spy

Some suggestions:

I think the goodies are too powerful, with the kill role. (you could make it that he has to kill every night)I will still think on this one.

The two save roles should be merged, and have another goodie role.

Matthias should have protection from Slagar (like can't die while X is alive or X dies in his place)I think that is a good idea. I did not think of that while coming up with roles.

Log-a-Log Guosim (group)- Kidnaps a player, negating that players night action and cannot

participate in that days lynch.

This would make more sense for a single player. It's your choice if you want to accept it though.

That is alot better than the group.

Thank Y'all for the advice. This is my first time hosting and want to make it as good as possible. If you have anymore advice/questions let me know. :thumbsup:

Also I am changing up GOM's ability a little. I think that he is a bit too powerful at the moment.

Will post updated roles toward the end of WOT.

Edited by Framm 18

• 2 weeks later...

Since, we are in a lull in WOT,I thought that I would go ahead and post the updates to this Mafia. It is not quite ready, but should be by the time WOT is over.

Redwall Mafia

Host/Co-host- Framm 18/Pablos4pandas

Baddies- Have BTSC

Group kill

Badrang the Tyrant- Using his brute force, blocks a player every night.

Cluny the Scourge- On even nights has one player receive the actions that are aimed towards him. On odd nights, can change the vote of a player to the player of his choice.

Ublaz Mad Eyes- Using his hypnotic eyes, he gets one player to tell him their role.

Ferahgo the Assassin- When spied upon appears as a random goodie. -Subject to change.

Goodies-

Wincon- Kill all baddies and indy.

Cornflower- Wife of Matthias. As long as she is alive, Matthias cannot die.

Sergeant Wonwill- A boxing hare. Will sneak up on a player knocking them out for the night.

Abbess Germaine- With her knowledge of the healing arts, can save every night, Can only save self once, can't heal the same player 2x in a row.

Friar Hugo – bribes the Hosts (Recorders) with his food to allow him to change his vote to 2x, 1x, or 0x.

Log-a-log- Can kidnap a player every night, negating that players night action and cannot participate in that day’s lynch (can’t vote, can’t be lynched).

Gonff- Using his stealth can spy on any player without being detected. Finds out role.

Ghost of Martin- Can reveal role to a random goodie, or can spy, however, it takes a day to find out then can alter the night post the next night.

Urthstripe the Strong- If targeted by a killing role, gets overcome by Bloodwrath and kills the attacker as well.

Indy-

Wincon-Kill Matthias or last one standing.

Slagar the Cruel- Having his face horrible disfigured while fleeing Redwall Abbey, he wants revenge on Matthias for what happened. Can RID Kill every odd night, if he fails two times in a row, it will be revealed to the player that he was targeted for an RID kill. If Matthias is killed another way, he must be the last one standing.

Basic Rules:

Blocks always prevail, and will be included in the night post if relevant.

In the case of a tie lynch. 1st time- no lynch, afterwards a random player gets lynched that was involved in the tie.

Inactivity- if inactive for a cycle and a half (Day/night then Day again or vice-versa) will be replaced or killed off the following night/day. Inactivity is defined as No PMing us an action or letting us know you are passing on the action during the night and no relevant posts (as in giving a reason for the vote, a bad excuse is better then no excuse in my opinion or reason for not voting) during the day. Will result in us, killing/replacing that player.

Days are standard 24 hours, and will start when I get all of the confirmations (looking at your role counts toward confirmation) or when I feel that the player has had enough time to look at the role and confirm.

(Warning this Intro is just to provide a way to make it a mafia, since it is kind of easy to tell a mouse from a badger). Also, will try and flush it out a little. Sorry, in advance for the writing, it will be my biggest struggle.

Intro:

Deep in Mossflower, the baddies had gathered with Slagar to discuss the best way to get into Redwall Abbey. They decided that Slagar would mix together a powder to force the Abbey dwellers to forget friend from foe. From there they would take out the creatures of Redwall out the Mafia way.

=============================================================================================================================

Inside the Abbey walls, the creatures were celebrating the Abbot feast, that was held once every four seasons, alongside Log-a-log and the Badger Lord Urthstripe and the Hare Sergeant Wonwill. There was all manner of food at this feast, from onion and carrot pasties to a large grayling, October Ale to Strawberry fizz, Tarts with meadowcream to salads of all sorts. After enjoying the festivities, they heard a loud thumping coming from outside the main gate.

=============================================================================================================================

They opened the gate and the four villains were standing dressed as old beggars asking for someplace warm to sleep for the night. Slagar threw the powder into the face of all of the creatures standing there. When they had opened their eyes everyone looked exactly the same. So instead of charging in foolishly to attack they all fell back to strategize for the upcoming nights.

Feedback is still welcome.

Edited by Framm 18