BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

High School Mafia 3

Gmaster479

I just re-read this....what did you mean by the bolded part, CP?

[edit: by that I mean....what do you mean by choosing? Your role *has* no choice.]

Just throwing em off so they would try to kill me. I have no Night actions as the OP states. So then I dont look like my role. If I looked like my role i would not have been targeted.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy faction = 2. There are 16 players and 14 roles, not including the indies.

What do you guys think about the honors program in terms of goodie/baddie?

I counted 16 players and 16 roles.

I thought honors was a goodie. Could be paired up with Special Ed as the indie group though.

I thought the fine arts are the baddies, which gives them a role copy, a night invulnerable, a semi-vote-manipulator, and a block/save choice in addition to their kill. But the way things have gone over the first night and day....kinda screwed that thought process up.

I don't know, I'm messed up and probably said too much. But discuss :)

I was thinking that the baddies were the Honors, Science, Technology, and Math depts. Or that could just be one faction. This is assuming there are 3 baddies and one indy. There are too many liberal arts depts to be the baddies.

And if you look at the intro, the colorful conversations share a color. I think that means the Baddies and INDy have btsc all together. Or one indy is a double agent. Kinda like the Secret lovers in games past.

OH GM< are the RID's fatal?

Edited by crazypainter

Wow I didn't even think of that possibility. Do you really think that could be the case though? That gives the goodies a really slim chance of winning.

I read it as a discussion between the baddie faction (4 colours), but then one of them goes and discusses with one other person, and I think that was a discussion between the indie faction. So 2 indies, and 3 baddies, but the baddies think there are four of them, one of whom is an indie spy.

I'm still thinking DD, but just realised that this vote will end at 4am my time, so I'm not going to be around for the last couple of hours or so, and it might all change :(

Indy faction = 2. There are 16 players and 14 roles, not including the indies.

What do you guys think about the honors program in terms of goodie/baddie?

My instinct says that they are baddies or indy

edit: which means I have no proof at all. Just psychology and thinking that the smarter group would want to take over. A La Revenge of the nerds.

ps this may give a few of you a chuckle or two. At my 20th High school reunion, many of "popular" kids from school are now into WOW. They beat up kids like that in jr high. Gave me a chuckle.

Edited by crazypainter

I was thinking that the baddies were the Honors, Science, Technology, and Math depts. Or that could just be one faction. This is assuming there are 3 baddies and one indy. There are too many liberal arts depts to be the baddies.

And if you look at the intro, the colorful conversations share a color. I think that means the Baddies and INDy have btsc all together. Or one indy is a double agent. Kinda like the Secret lovers in games past.

OH GM< are the RID's fatal?

I thought fine arts - theatre, dance, art, and music...not liberal. I'm not quite sure where honors fits in with the rest there. I don't know....i'm probably reading *way* too much into this.

I read it as a discussion between the baddie faction (4 colours), but then one of them goes and discusses with one other person, and I think that was a discussion between the indie faction. So 2 indies, and 3 baddies, but the baddies think there are four of them, one of whom is an indie spy.

I'm still thinking DD, but just realised that this vote will end at 4am my time, so I'm not going to be around for the last couple of hours or so, and it might all change :(

I reread that. Yah, that makes sense. 4 roles with BTSC as a baddie faction, and 1 of those baddies also has BTSC with one other indie (and I really don't envy that person ;)). The conversations make even more sense when read that way.

Just a thought, but how much can we trust that things happened last night as described in the night post? We know for sure, I think, that sal is dead, killed by CP, but we're assuming that sal was a baddie, and that she tried to off CP based just on the night post. There are secret abilities in this game, and just wondering whether one might be the manipulation of the night post, to show a different scenario that came to the same end.

Looks like I'm going to die no matter what so I'll go ahead and give my thoughts. It looks to me like the only 2 players who have any chance to winning if they are goodies are tpax and Izzy. GM is not going to reveal faction so it's up to the players to figure out which roles are grouped together based on role descriptions. Spies may be able to help if they get lucky and see a kill action. Other than that, even spying will only associate a player to a role but not a faction so only the English department will be able to determine faction. I have not behaved suspiciously at all, I have simply voted based on my belief that Theater is too powerful to be a goodie role. This would mean that either CP is an indie and was targeted by the baddies (which should make the baddies very suspicious of whichever one of them first suggested CP as a target for the night kill. I would have gone after tpax or izzy myself.) or CP is a baddie and Languages diverted Saya's action toward CP. My personal thoughts are that CP is an indie although this also breaks my first thought as to the indie team makeup. (I originally thought that Dance and Math would make a good indie team with Dance being the role in both indie and baddie. Even if this is not the case, I would be very suspicious of Dance because their power is only really useful with BTSC. I still think this is the most likely indie/baddie role.) The goodies must start thinking along these lines or they will be destroyed quickly. You'll need to focus on voting patterns and trying to see which roles play well together to make teams. (I don't want to encourage metagaming, but I do think it would be beneficial for people to look back at previous mafia games, especially the ones that went well, and see how teams were constructed.)

I will say again that I really don't think CP is a goodie. This is no longer based on just her role, but on her posting. She has acted as if I've accused her of things when I clearly didn't. She's tried to implicate others for no reason (2x medji). And she has inexplicably tried to protect Magic twice for no reason whatsoever. It is clear that she can have no idea as to Magic's role or faction.

I think that Languages must be a goodie role and is probably the most powerful since you're the only one who can determine faction. Do not out yourself if possible unless you know for sure you can get protection at night. There are at least 3 baddies-btsc left and at least 1 indie-btsc. I'm leaning towards it being 2 baddies, 1 baddie/indie and 1 indie with CP being the pure indie. Although it would have been possible that last night's action was the result of a divert, I think it's more likely that CP was the actual target and the baddies just got unlucky (or just listened to the baddie turncoat).

I'm not giving in. I still hope people will change their votes. I'm just not liking my chances of avoiding D1 mob mentality.

[quote name='DudleyDude' date='13 January 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1263414623' post='216331'

I will say again that I really don't think CP is a goodie. This is no longer based on just her role, but on her posting. She has acted as if I've accused her of things when I clearly didn't. She's tried to implicate others for no reason (2x medji). And she has inexplicably tried to protect Magic twice for no reason whatsoever. It is clear that she can have no idea as to Magic's role or faction.

Just to expand on what DD said:

I agree with Dance being a baddie/indie, more likely baddie. It only makes sense in a BTSC context. DD already has had n/3 votes (5 at this point) against him, so that means the baddies only needed to sway two goodies (maybe only 1 if there is a spy in their midst) against him if they chose him for the double-lynch attempt which has already succeeded. Problem for them is that it may have worked TOO well --- i don't know that they have enough to switch off him and still get a two-for-one. We need to watch carefully any vote switches. I'm pretty sure the goodies have the 3x/0x vote manipulation. In addition, there's also the PE role - so there could be some funky outcome there as well...

Here are my thoughts on factions. Dark green = good, electricish green = probably good, black = I have no idea, pink = probably bad, red = bad, purple = maybe the indy. Allow me a little room for error. ;P Lemme know if you want any explanations for the below.

Music: Can either BLOCK a department or SAVE a department each night. Can only save self once

English: Chooses a player and learns their faction each night.

Social Studies: Has connections around the school has a SPY each night.

Dance: Every night, but not two in a row, may choose a player. Should the player have more than n/3 votes stacked on him/her at any point of the Day, the player will be lynched together with the actual lynch victim.

n = number of players remaining in the game

Languages: Can choose a department and DIVERT their action to any other department they want

P.E: Traps 1 department a night blocking their night action and their vote in the lynch. Only they know whether person was trapped successfully

Theatre: Counters all actions against them that night. (Try to kill Theatre Department, it kills you)

Health: Chooses a person to follow each night and heals them if targeted for a kill.

Art: Chooses player's and can copy their night action the next night (learning their role if they have a night action, if not informed it didn't work)

Math: Can make any vote count 3x or 0x

Technology: BLOCK each night

Wood Shop: Can choose to either make a weapon or kill each night. Takes 2 nights to make a weapon. Can only kill if they have a weapon. Can kill for every weapon they have.

Metal Shop: Can try and RID the Wood Shop with 1 RID try per night. If he guesses correctly, establishes BTSC and they work together to make a weapon and use it for a kill each night

Honors Program: Host rolls a dice each night.

1 - Nothing

2 - Saves himself

3 - Chooses someone to save

4 - Blocks someone

5 - Spy on someone

6 - Any of the above

Special Ed: Can try and RID 1 person per night. If correct can choose to learn their faction or steal their action. Can't RID same person twice

Science: Can learn the roles of a dead person once per night.

I don't really know if I was a baddie or indie...I don't even know my role.:wacko:

:blink:I know s/he's ghostposting but... I'm now considering some funky diversion/Sayalzah being framed, making CP look worse. Though, way more likely is the GM sent out baddie roles in the BTSC thread, Sayalzah was powerplayed, died, and was blocked from the thread before s/he could even learn his/her role. :P Haha, that would suck.

I'm about to perform an action, to kill the baddies off. Sorry, my stupid work got in the way.

CP, where is ur ghost post?

After reading that, I think slick brought the bar to work :D

In other words....??????? what ??????

@Izzy wrt to your guesses. You are waaaayyyyyy off on my role :)

Hopefully only yours, then. :P I'm rethinking special ed. Baddies have little use for knowing factions. Could be an indy role, doubting it. Electric-greenanize it. Unless you're talking 'bout PE. Seems like a role the baddies would need.

:lol: @ Slick. Superhero to the rescue? :P

Man, go to school for the first day of the semester and have the head football coach bail for some unknown school like USC, then have to sort through all this. Give a guy a break.

Now seriously. Honestly, I have no idea where to start to help out in this situation. It seems like GM is having a little fun at our expense.

My initial thought for special ed was indie, due to the role steal. But if the potential paradigm shift is true (there is a traitor in the baddie ranks), i don't necessarily think so, since the indies would know all the baddies.

As far as it being a baddie, i think it makes more sense for the baddies to have the outright role copy than the role steal. But that's just me.

I'm not going to say much about my role at this time, except for that it happens to be the ultimate in irony :)