BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

1984 Mafia

true framm you didnt do a damned thing...I was trying to spark some sort of conversation. So if I am right, which I am not...only about 5 ppl have voted. What happens if you dont vote?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did I miss the day post? What are we waiting for? Losing interest, sorry. I have been on and checking at least twice a day.

Anyone want to hang at a bar or something? Throw back a few? Slick?

did I miss the day post? What are we waiting for? Losing interest, sorry. I have been on and checking at least twice a day.

Anyone want to hang at a bar or something? Throw back a few? Slick? Sure. I beat you to it. Beer and tequila. Wow. I suppose this game has ceased. Pablo, are you declaring game fail?duh.gif

1.Gmaster- mini plentl ortho

2.izzy- bb

3.abhisk- mini peace ortho

4.music- cl not ortho

5.cp- not ortho mini truth

6.chrispen- TR un ortho

7.saylazah- min love

8.slick-spy

9.tpax- courier

10.onetruth- emanuel

11.framm- science un ortho

OK Comments from me real quick, as to why I kinda lost interest in the game.

First off, onetruth, the person with whom I was supposed to have BTSC, was MIA. I was unable to initiate BTSC due to a mailbox full, and did not find out until the night post that s/he was MIA. I asked to be initiated through the host, but no response (e.g. add me to the same conversation as already initiated with a role).

Second, I asked more than once for clarification on my role...specifically, what "varries the equipment of Emanuel" actually means, but never got a response. Look, I'm all for figuring things out, but that was rather disconcerting and annoying. In addition, aside from the fact that I think "varries" is a typo of "carries," I *still* don't know exactly what the role of the courier was. I *think* it was a passive role (basically I was going to get captured if the spy watched me), but have no clue.

Third, I think the secret ballot will always be a fail, due to the nature of this group. Unless everyone is on simultaneously to get updates, it's not possible to vote intelligently. It's impossible to tell who has read the thread, who is participating, and who is just sitting back and watching.

This plot is a good idea; maybe if it was respawned as a traditional mafia it would work....

(Edit: one final thing, i think a confirmation should have been done wrt inactives...there was too much time between signups and game start - 2 weeks??? i think)

Edited by tpaxatb

Anyone want to hang at a bar or something? Throw back a few? Slick?

Game's over. Let's go. :P

Dude, I still _do not know_ whether orthodox meant goodie or baddie.

Well overall it was difficult combining all the different factors. Confirmations should've happened. I say give it some time and re tweak it and it'll work. I'm sorry it didn't work out P4P. I tried to make sure I was active but doing a complicated game with limited participation and not a lot of time on your own hands is difficult.

Game's over. Let's go. :P

Dude, I still _do not know_ whether orthodox meant goodie or baddie.

Izzy...i think it's a matter of perspective...

I think unorthodox just means "against big brother"

whether you think that is good or bad is up to you ;)

I know, but that's why I was confused. See, to me, Big Brother is definitely bad. However, Panda but a goodie twist on it. Generally, in these games, goodies are in the majority, and I didn't want to out the unorthodox people only to find out that they are actually the majority and considered the "goodies". So while my opinion is set, I wanted to know the host's opinion, as that would reveal a bit about the ratio of orthodox to unorthodox. :P

This game could have been much better. Part of it was my fault, part of it was non-active.

1. I stayed to close to the book. Both sides need a killing role and there need to be more goodies.(maybe thought policeman and rouge thought policeman?_

2. Points system was a fail. Izzy just did the smartest thing, gave points only to those he knew were orthodox.

3. I need to be a better host. I need to confirm people. I somehow need to get more people interested. WoT has no problem getting 17 but i could barley scrap together 10, I was overwhelmed but thats not an excuse. I'll try to take a co-host next time.

I would love to try again if people were willing.