BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A man wanted to suicide in his garage with his car. He also wanted to kill his sleeping family inside the house. (The man was mental.) How can he do it without exiting the garage, or without meeting any family members? The things inside the garage include: a car, lawn mower, rake, car battery, and chain saw.(He had alot of overgrown bushes.)

He could short cirute the battery. That would make the house explode.

He could keep the lawn mower and the car runnig, and open the door that leads to the house. The Carbon monoxide would kill him and his family.

5 answers to this question

This is crazy one!

Wouldn't solution two would wake up his sleeping family? Lawn mowers are usually quite loud. Solution 1 is the best I think - I don't know much about cars and short circuiting things. I was going to say he could use the gas from the mower to just start a fire (it would be easier to get out since there is no hose to syphon it from the car) but he also doesn't have a match, so that wouldnt work either. Although he could use the cigarrette lighter in the car, if it wouldnt ignite the gas right away then im sure there is a piece of paper somewhere in that garage that could assist.

Still a strange puzzle. lol

all very plausible but what about

break the fuel and brake fluid line hoses on his car. empty all flammable fluid from mower out next to the garage door. make sure there a a trail of flammable objects leading from the car to the door. use cigarette lighter inside car to set it all on fire.

Well, you cannot use a cigarette lighter, you can only use the Items available :dry: . Otherwise, good job with new answers! :thumbsup: The second solution was soposed to be the original answer, but I made up the first! ;)

Well, you cannot use a cigarette lighter, you can only use the Items available :dry: . Otherwise, good job with new answers! :thumbsup: The second solution was soposed to be the original answer, but I made up the first! ;)

Oh lol - I meant the car's cigarette lighter - not sure if it would actually ignite gasoline - but it might. :lol:

Has anyone noticed that I only do death teasers? :ph34r: Oh well, ^_^ I guess I could do something else other than give people nigthmares with my teasers! :lol: Can you give me an Idea I should brain tease? Thanks. :unsure::blush::huh: