BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Tickle Me

Question

Consonants?

Digraphs maybe?

Neither are it but the first is of course used in the process of getting the answer.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch ?

Missed an "L" :lol:

Yes!

Well... no.

Sorry to break your heart.

Sorry to ruin your expectations.

Truly, truly sorry for denying you your one grandificent goal, your delicalicious desire, your entire purpose in life - solving this riddle.

I apologize sincerely for devastating your day and obliterating your soul.

Maybe there's still one tiny scrap of you that hasn't been annihilated... and if so, I urge you to guess again! (Besides, you were only two letters off the first try)

(Okay maybe a lot more than that)

phonetics perhaps?

This is the time when you have to look at the riddle closer for the PoW element(s)

Phonetic what?

Also, @Wilson

Perhaps I omitted an adjective that I probably should have used before "stress"

Then again, if I had done that, probably woulda been too easy.

Gah... I still haven't gotten used to this making riddle thing (up to my own standards, that is). I get this idea and then I roll with it, and then later realize that, well, it coulda been executed better. Some of my fav riddles from myself were my earlier ones, lol

Edited by DarthNoob

Okay now I'm starting to get really curious about how some of you guys are getting some of your answers... O.O

Ok I will explain mine Darth....

Tickle Me

I stop and I glide, and many things besides

Pea in a pod, watch out for diphthongs

A pod in a pea, when there's stress pick three

I looked this word up in the dic. like you said.

The stress of pronuncation is on the first part of the word.

And "DIF" is how it is to be pronounced.

Dang.

I just realized the "watch out for dipthongs" part is outdated. Unfortunately, it's part of the PoW, so I can't change it (and I doubt there's anything else I can fit in there unless I change the rhyme scheme, which would make me change other things... I could remake the entire thing, haha, but we'll see how it goes). Sooo... just ignore the direction "watch out for dipthongs"

And you can ignore "watch out" completely.

In fact, there's a great many things you can ignore..

I think a better name for this than riddle is a treasure hunt. The answer can be found, but you have to have a bit of luck

And it's a function of whether you interpret the last line correctly.

(not only did I omit a word, too deliberately obfuscate the solution, but I modified another word for a different reason

Maybe the funnest part of this riddle will be just going back through all my hints post-solution and realizing what they mean, lol

Well, had said I would keep at it so...

had been thinking umlaut (those two dots kinda like peas?) then along those lines maybe a grave accent (kind of a "double" play on words with the stress clue). both of those probably still too much on the wai line of thought. more pow as in play on letters maybe apod(e)itic? thats all I gots for now...

Well, had said I would keep at it so...

had been thinking umlaut (those two dots kinda like peas?) then along those lines maybe a grave accent (kind of a "double" play on words with the stress clue). both of those probably still too much on the wai line of thought. more pow as in play on letters maybe apod(e)itic? thats all I gots for now...

Dang, again.

For some reason I've always thought of PoW as "puzzle of words" rather than "play on words," and the former is much more accurate for describing this one.

Though... the first thing you mentioned thinking of would make a great riddle! I think.

I would rewrite this one (or make the riddle I just mentioned), but I'm sick. Hate being sick. rawr.

Bumping so people know this isn't dead.

Still planning on making a rewrite eventually.

lallalalalaaaaa...

I really should get to solving some more riddles some day. Having too much for with RPS algorithms though! *whistle*