BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Terminator Mafia

PROLOGUE: The Beginning of the End

“I call this meeting of the Resistance to order!” Shouted John Connor. Everyone quieted as he gave his announcements on night watch shifts and scouting missions soon to commence. Just then, the computer screens went blank and the room went pitch black. The screens flicked back to life, displaying the Skynet logo. “NO!” Whispered Miles Dyson, “They’ve found us!”

Just then, two Terminators burst through the door, carrying between them the one successfully reprogrammed Terminator.

Selena’s face appeared on the monitor. “We are extending you the chance to save your race. If you can find and defeat us before we terminate you, your race will be able to thrive. If not, we will shut down your communications permanently and send every one of you to our Camps. The choice is yours.”

And with that, the Terminators activated a cloaking device and ran off into the night. The screens went blank again.

Someone, presumably John Connor said quietly “I don’t trust them” and left. With that, everyone left to do what they could to survive this terrible night.

N1 ends at 7:00 PM EST tomorrow. Get those PMs in!

Cyberdine Creations: Win if all goodies are terminated (have BTSC and group kill)

Skynet System: Controls the Terminators

If terminated, all baddie BTSC is lost. Can block one player each night. Has 50% chance of RID. Cannot be terminated during the Night.

T-1000: (m) First Terminator made of mimetic polyalloy (liquid metal)

Spy. If spied upon, appears as random goodie.

T-X: (f/m) The most advanced Terminator

Uses shape-shifting ability to stop one player’s (m or f) action.

Independent: Win if Skynet, Sarah Connor and John Connor are terminated

T-101: (m) The first model of Terminators made by Skynet

Can terminate one person each night. Immune to T-X's charms.

The Resistance: Win if all baddies are terminated

John Connor: (m) Leader of the Resistance

One termination each night. If he targets Kyle Reese, termination fails. Can not be killed Night 1

Sarah Connor: (f) John Connor's mother. Knows about Judgement Day because of Kyle Reese's journey back in time.

Vote counts as x0, x1 or x2.

Kyle Reese: (m) Fighter in the Resistance and John Connor's father

Spy.

Kate Brewster: (f) Doctor and John Connor's future wife

Can save one player every even night. If John Connor is targeted on any night, will automatically save him once.

Dr. Peter Silberman: (m) Psychologist and therapist at Pescadero State Hospital

Can block one player each night. Has 50% chance of learning RID.

Blair Williams: (f) Jet Fighter pilot for the Resistance

Can use extensive technological knowledge to hack and post one message every night.

Miles Dyson: (m) Creator of Cyberdine Systems and Skynet

Can override voting system and end a lynch early

Cameron: (f) Reprogrammed Terminator sent back in time to protect the young John Connor

Can save one player every odd night

Marcus Wright: (m) Signed up for experimentation at Cyberdine while on Death Row

If targeted, he dies but also terminates his attacker with him

Hosts: Music & GMaster

1. Crazypainter

2. DudleyDude

3. Medji

4. LIS

5. Blackcat1313

6. slick

7. Darth

8. Izzy

9. clozo

10. framm

11. pablos4pandas

12. magic

13. sayalzah

Backups:

1. tpaxatb

Edited by music_luvr95

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just something I wanted to say because of all the inactivity lately. If you are inactive for more than one consecutive Day/Night cycle then you WILL be replaced or killed off. If you give me some advanced notice I'll be more lenient.

T-1000: (m) First Terminator made of mimetic polyalloy (liquid metal)

Spy. If spied upon, appears as random goodie.

I would guess that yes, both Spy and RIDs would be effected. But Music would you mind clearing that up?

many other girls have hosted. Y-san had a great game!!! It may be just my opinion but, I love the ones hosted by the girls!!!

Why? Far less flakiness, and totally on the ball!

edit..

can I just say that I find it very odd that so few of us are posting..hmmm? Meaning, why are we still on page one?

Edited by crazypainter

N1: SILENCE, VANITY AND SOLITUDE

That night, John Connor thought seriously about what had just transpired. With a heavy sigh, he hid himself in a secluded spot and waited out the night.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Izzy was taking a risk walking the secluded streets, but she figured no Terminator would expect her to be there. Suddenly, she bumped into a cold body, and felt the unmistakable hardness of flesh over metal. She opened her mouth to scream, but a hand covered her mouth with inhuman speed “This is how it ends” she thought. “Shhh,” The Terminator said, revealing herself to be Cameron. Izzy breathed a sigh of relief. “You’re safe for now” Cameron finished.

Meanwhile, the T-X had received her orders and was about to carry them out. Her heat sensors fell upon the body of LIS. Smiling, she walked up to him and, her hand falling away to reveal a plasma gun, shot LIS through the abdomen. Pleased with her work, she fixed her hair and started back towards the control center to be programmed for her next mission.

Somewhere nearby, the T-1000 silently stalked his prey under the cover of night . . .

Hosts: Music & GMaster

1. Crazypainter

2. DudleyDude

3. Medji

4. LIS - (Terminated by T-X)

5. Blackcat1313

6. Slick

7. Darth

8. Izzy

9. Clozo

10. Framm

11. Pablos4pandas

12. Magic

13. Sayalzah

Backups:

1. Tpaxatb

Let D1 BEGIN!

Note: If Miles Dyson chooses to stop the lynch early, it will not be announced until the regular end time. The votes will be counted from the time of Miles Dyson's decision.

And if there is a tie, a random name will be chosen of the tied to be lynched. This is just to prevent inactivity, which has already started... :dry:

Note 2: I won't be here for the end of D1, so GM will post the results. Actually won't be on after about 6:00 AM tomorrow.

Does this mean Izzy is undoubtedly a goodie?

"Somewhere nearby, the T-1000 silently stalked his prey under the cover of night . . ."

Is this a typo for T-101?

No, the T-1000 is a spy. Perhaps "prey" was the wrong word to use... :duh: My fault, but it is not a typo

Does this mean Izzy is undoubtedly a goodie?

I'm not actually up on the whole Terminator mythology, but Izzy's part of the post certainly sounded as if she's a goodie. Would any of the baddies or the indy have a reason to be afraid of a Terminator or expect to be killed by one? Or are we reading too much into the writing style of the posts?

Pssh, Music, we were only inactive because we didn't want Rookie to lock the thread. ;P

Okay. There are DEFINITELY seasoned players for the baddies. I'm not actually sure, but it sounds like I was attacked, and LIS was killed. CP, Slick, and Clozo are the only people (aside from LIS) I remember on here from the first few Mafia games, and since I was inactive on this forum for quite some time, noobies (probably) wouldn't make me a N1 target. (I'm not calling you guys noobs, I'm just saying I haven't really played with you, so you shouldn't know my playing style.)

..I sort of have a guess at who Cameron is. ;)

Anyway, let's kick things off. (If someone votes of Medji, make it pink, he loves that color. :wub: )

1. Crazypainter

2. DudleyDude

3. Medji

5. Blackcat1313

6. Slick

7. Darth

8. Izzy is voting for Slick

9. Clozo

10. Framm

11. Pablos4pandas

12. Magic

13. Sayalzah

1. Crazypainter

2. DudleyDude

3. Medji

5. Blackcat1313

6. Slick-voting for - Framm

7. Darth

9. Clozo

10. Framm

11. Pablos4pandas

12. Magic

13. Sayalzah

Whoa! Hold up there Izzy. Now this hasteful decision is a wrong one. I believe you to be a goodie, so we should be teaming up against the baddies. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you switch to someone else, besides me. I am not even sure about Framm and, this vote will probably change. That would suck if I died early.unsure.gif

Okay. There are DEFINITELY seasoned players for the baddies. I'm not actually sure, but it sounds like I was attacked, and LIS was killed.

I first thought that the post was just saying that Cameron targeted you but then realized that the indy role didn't have a kill last night. So maybe Cameron made a good choice.

Vote is completely random.

1. Crazypainter

2. DudleyDude is voting for CP

3. Medji

5. Blackcat1313

6. Slick-voting for-Framm

7. Darth

9. Clozo

10. Framm- Voting for Clozo

11. Pablos4pandas

12. Magic

13. Sayalzah

edited to catch Framm's vote. then edited again to catch Slick's vote. We're all voting at once.

Edited by DudleyDude

Izzy, you crack me up. Medji may love pink but, lets be careful cuz Rookie was here and did put us in line (warned us).

and a bit of advice....never assume the newer players are noobs. Just because they are playing the first game here does not mean they have never played this before.

I think of a few players here when I say this, and I was very impressed.

as far as voting...need to hear the dialogue before I cast my vote. Why? I am clueless of course! Jeez Magic, couldnt you give me a hint or two in the post?? :blush:

edit: meant to say music.

Edited by crazypainter

1. Crazypainter voting for -Sayalzah

2. DudleyDude is voting for CP

3. Medji

5. Blackcat1313

6. Slick-voting for-Framm

7. Darth

9. Clozo

10. Framm- Voting for Clozo

11. Pablos4pandas

12. Magic

13. Sayalzah

Geez no clue right now... this vote will change...no reason for it. oh and Dudley, thanks for giving me my fav color!

Slick, it's subject to change. Just need to start some talking.

and a bit of advice....never assume the newer players are noobs. Just because they are playing the first game here does not mean they have never played this before.

I think of a few players here when I say this, and I was very impressed.

I meant noobs in the sense of not knowing who to go after. It could be coincidence, that's totally possible. But two well established players targeted night one typically means someone who knows how long they've been doing went after them. I know because it's a strategy I've used quite often in the past. ;P

Anyway. Holy cow. I need to wake up in 4 hours. =o

Pssh, Music, we were only inactive because we didn't want Rookie to lock the thread. ;P

Okay. There are DEFINITELY seasoned players for the baddies. I'm not actually sure, but it sounds like I was attacked, and LIS was killed. CP, Slick, and Clozo are the only people (aside from LIS) I remember on here from the first few Mafia games, and since I was inactive on this forum for quite some time, noobies (probably) wouldn't make me a N1 target. (I'm not calling you guys noobs, I'm just saying I haven't really played with you, so you shouldn't know my playing style.)

..I sort of have a guess at who Cameron is. ;)

Anyway, let's kick things off. (If someone votes of Medji, make it pink, he loves that color. :wub: )

1. Crazypainter

2. DudleyDude

3. Medji

5. Blackcat1313

6. Slick

7. Darth

9. Clozo

10. Framm

11. Pablos4pandas

12. Magic

13. Sayalzah

I thought metagaming was discouraged. There's not a single word in this entire post that's not metagaming.