BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

If 50 cows produce 50 gallons of milk, how much do the calves of those cows produce?

The calves are thirsty enough.

-50 gallons of milk.

I am pretty sure the next 2 or 3 posts will have the answer.

7 answers to this question

You don't tell us whether that's 50 gallons total or each. Anyway only half the calves born of cows are female so my guess is whatever the first total is, half of that, once they start producing, that is. Or is the answer simply: Calves don't produce milk so: zero.

Edited by Joey D

hmmm good point everyone but think of it this way to those who tried to answer this:

When you drink you produce negative fluids, that means that it disappears in a way even if temporary, this is why this is under math more so, I know it is a little insane but this is basically true temporarily until the calves have to urinate, considering you don't count the change in the body fluids.

calves don't produce milk only adult cows... (heifers, not bulls XD)

:P:) To be fair, I've never known of a heifer giving milk either, since if she's giving milk, she's not a heifer anymore - she's a cow. :dry::) But I figure you were just making the differentiation between female/male & a cow-cow vs. a bull-cow just gets confusing.