BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Finally we have internet after moving to france and here is a puzzle that my dad thought of.

I hope you find it at least a little funny.

A man is found dead,in a pool of water,with a rope around his neck,with a bullet through his brain and his wrists slit.

In his hand is a smoking gun with his finger prints on it, how did he die?

23 answers to this question

He must have died by tieing a rope round his neck standing on a big big block of ice. Thats why he was found dead with rope in his neck and in a pool of water. If he had died by the other means, he should have been surrounded by a pool of blood not by water!

If you use the "block of ice" scenerio, wouldn't he still be hanging, instead of laying in a pool of water? IT sounds like he was shot--by himself--slit his wrists, drowned and strangled. How about multiple attempts at suicide? That's my guess.

If you use the "block of ice" scenerio, wouldn't he still be hanging, instead of laying in a pool of water? IT sounds like he was shot--by himself--slit his wrists, drowned and strangled. How about multiple attempts at suicide? That's my guess.

Is it likely that the man first slit his wrists usng a piece of ice, and then shoot himself while standing on a big piece of ice with the robe tied on his neck? When he died, all ice had melted...

Maybe.....

He was dying a slow death from poison, and all the others were attempts to end his agony. It was the bullet to the brain that killed him,and the water was from a glass he'd been drinking from ???????

I would guess that he died in his sleep of natural causes.

That reminds me -- I read on a sign the other day, “ I want to go quietly in my sleep, just like my grandfather did, and not screaming and kicking like his passengers."

Well they were all good guesses but they were all wrong.

Here's the REAL awnser.

He was standing on a block of ice with the noose around his neck,telling his friend on the phone about this fish he had caught and how it was THIS big, when some one snuck up behind him and shot him with a completly different gun.

Now was that funny?

I can't stop laughing when I think about it.

Links1219955 I am not satisfied with your answer. You lack the explanation for, cut wrist, rope around the neck, and smoking gun in the hand. And still you claim your answer to be the correct one. Simply because the questioner is telling the answer,the answer can't be right.

The man is depressed, and slits his wrists. Still depressed, he decides to kill himself, and ties a rope around his neck and stands on a block of ice. After a minute, he decides the ice isn't melting fast enough and shoots himself, still on the block of ice with the rope around his neck. The ice then melts and there you have it. Maybe?

You haven't seen many classic riddles have you?

A man is found dead in a telephone box with his wrists slit how did he die?

He was on the phone telling his friend about the fish he had caught and how it was THIS | | big. (he put his hands out for emphasis and by mistake through the glass windows as well.

My dad thought of the question so I dont know why he put in the gun.

Have you heard of the guy hanging from the high rafters in a barn riddle?

He stood on a block of ice to get up there and died from suffocation as the ice melted.

Edited by Links1219955

Links1219955 I am not satisfied with your answer. You lack the explanation for, cut wrist, rope around the neck, and smoking gun in the hand. And still you claim your answer to be the correct one. Simply because the questioner is telling the answer,the answer can't be right.

I don't get what's so funny about it, either.

Finally we have internet after moving to france and here is a puzzle that my dad thought of.

I hope you find it at least a little funny.

A man is found dead,in a pool of water,with a rope around his neck,with a bullet through his brain and his wrists slit.

In his hand is a smoking gun with his finger prints on it, how did he die?

He tried to hang himself, by using a block of ice as a stool

Imptient, he slit his wrists, while doing so he cut the rope

In dispair he used the gun.

The actual cause of death.. Terminal Cerebral Hypoxia

But he would have to be dead before he was shot or had his wrists slit, as there is no blood around him.

He mustve been held against his will, noose around his neck strung to the rafters, until the ice block melted, causing death by asphyxiation. Then for the captor to cover his tracks he made it look like botched suicide, shooting him through the head, which may have severed the rope, and finally slitting his wrists. Thus explaining the lack of blood. Dead men don't bleed!

Random thought occured to me after reading the ice part

Skydiving went wrong - rope was from the parachute which malfunctioned. Wrists were slit on the way down by sharp tree branches. He got stuck and was hung by the neck. {don't ask me why he isnt dead} The smoking gun was actually a flare gun he was trying to use for help because he's hydrophobic. He was shot by mermaids in the water when he pissed his pants and shat himself just over the water... And we all know that mermaids don't like that.

:P

This was a completely serious attempt

Edited by KingOfNoodles