BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia 2

Unless i am interpreting that wrong it seems as if you're accusing JarZe of something... so I am just going to place my vote for him now. I'm going to keep a watch on things for now and if i must i will change my vote.

It seems to me that you were waiting for an excuse to place your vote on a random goodie... :dry:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that you were waiting for an excuse to place your vote on a random goodie... :dry:

If you find it to be as such i will change it, we are still missing suggestions from other people though and it's the first day so i thought it would be safer to just keep my current vote.

Host and Game Master: Marth

1. GMaster479 - voting for NoobishDarth

2. scsw - voting for NoobishDarth

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude - voting for SG

5. SG - voting for NoobishDarth

6. riranor - voting for JarZe

7. Crazypainter – DEAD (Killed by Exile protecting tpaxatb) Squire

8. JarZe - voting for DudleyDude

9. Derrai

10. MrsP - voting for SG

11. EDM - voting for DudleyDude

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

D1, just random.org - Of course I am willing to change it.

As far as players being cleared from being a baddie/indie - tpaxatb. GMaster is definitely not part of the Undead Knight's gang, but that doesn't clear him from being an Exile, a really small chance and I don't think we want to push it yet.

No hard feelings, Darth. The other's suspicions are well placed and the Day is still young.

I already knew about tpaxatb and GMaster being goodies (ignoring the Exile thing). But nobody else has claimed to be any role. So I don't understand what JarZe's trying to say. Unless JarZe thought I was claiming to be the Captain, which doesn't make sense.

I don't see how the cleric can gain any info, the tower guard is possible and the sage is more than obvious. I don't think the Dark Magician can gather info, but that's just me... I am inclined to believe SG ATM...

I never said "gain info." I said "gain." The cleric obviously made a good choice, and by saving a goodie all goodies gain.

I'm starting to feel frustrated because there are three people voting for me, and they're all without reason! JarZe and me seem to have one big misunderstanding: I would really love to know what the heck he's talking about when he says I'm claiming a role somebody else has already claimed. And maybe the other two are baddies. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Edited by DarthNoob

And maybe the other two are baddies. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

We had this list, at one point, of things not to say when you're playing Mafia (because they make you look bad). This was on it.

Edited for faulty punctuation.

Edited by SomeGuy

Oh, and my vote is not without reason. It is without evidence, sure, but this is a very "guilty until proven innocent" game, so, them's the breaks. Oh, and speaking of voting without reason, both of the votes for me are random? The odds of two people randomly selecting me (specifically, not the odds of 2 people randomly selecting the same person) are 1/196, so don't take it personally when I say I don't buy that :P

We had this list, at one point, of things not to say when you're playing Mafia (because they make you look bad). This was on it.

Edited for faulty punctuation.

Why are you picking out one phrase from what I said, and quoting it out of frustration? I'm trying to figure out why three people would select me, and I'm stating possibilities. I wasn't even trying to convince anybody of anything there. I was just making a frustrated exclamation.

JEEZZZ!

(see what I did there? Get it? Get it? Hahahahaa. Not.)

Oh, and my vote is not without reason. It is without evidence, sure, but this is a very "guilty until proven innocent" game, so, them's the breaks. Oh, and speaking of voting without reason, both of the votes for me are random? The odds of two people randomly selecting me (specifically, not the odds of 2 people randomly selecting the same person) are 1/196, so don't take it personally when I say I don't buy that :P

So, care to share the reason?

By the way, if the day ended right now, I would have to vote for either you or DD, and hopefully that means nobody would get lynched.

Uh, crap. I just remembered the king's powers. Crap crap crap...

Oh wait, the king's a goodie (no goodie would want the lynch to end early and accidentally lynch another goodie. They'd be cautious, unless they knew who a baddie was). So nevermind, still holding my vote =D

last edit: I hope GMaster gets on and responds to me or something, as he hasn't in a while. (JarZe too)

Edited by DarthNoob

Hey, if the king ends the lynch early does anybody die? or is it still the person with the most votes?

If the king chooses to end the day early, the votes will be immediately tallied and the person with they most votes will be lynched.

1. GMaster479 - voting for NoobishDarth

3. tpaxatb

9. Derrai

10. MrsP - voting for SG

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Why are you picking out one phrase from what I said, and quoting it out of frustration? I'm trying to figure out why three people would select me, and I'm stating possibilities. I wasn't even trying to convince anybody of anything there. I was just making a frustrated exclamation.

JEEZZZ!

(see what I did there? Get it? Get it? Hahahahaa. Not.)

So, care to share the reason?

By the way, if the day ended right now, I would have to vote for either you or DD, and hopefully that means nobody would get lynched.

Uh, crap. I just remembered the king's powers. Crap crap crap...

Oh wait, the king's a goodie (no goodie would want the lynch to end early and accidentally lynch another goodie. They'd be cautious, unless they knew who a baddie was). So nevermind, still holding my vote =D

last edit: I hope GMaster gets on and responds to me or something, as he hasn't in a while. (JarZe too)

I'm here DN, and I haven't had time to read everything and won't have time to read everything for a little while. I'll be here to change my vote in time if necessary for now a tie lynch isn't all bad.

I'm here DN, and I haven't had time to read everything and won't have time to read everything for a little while. I'll be here to change my vote in time if necessary for now a tie lynch isn't all bad.

Cool.

Personal FYI: when I mentioned earlier I was unsure of my future participation, I was freaking out about something that I think I have under control. As you can see by today, I've had plenty of time to log in and post and stuff. ^^ Second note: I sleep at very inconsistent hours, so if I decide to go to bed early tonight, I might miss the end of the night, which would suck (especially if I woke up and found out I got lynched!). Anyway, question: when does the night end? I won't be going to bed for a while yet though

Very sorry I missed so much of the day, I'm alive and my vote is coming.

I'm gonna be gone until the end of the day after this post, I'd really like if you read all the posts before casting your vote... SG has made some valid points and darthnoob is on the line and he will save himself by voting for SG or someone else to force a tie. Anyhow, I don't think the king will end the day, it would be too risky to do that and kill a possible goodie without information. We're still missing nearly half of the votes, and they will definitely determine the outcome of the day, just one advice, pick wisely...

Good luck y'all...

1. GMaster479 - voting for SG

3. tpaxatb

9. Derrai

10. MrsP - voting for SG

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Well DN, I'm not sure why but I'm inclined to believe you. I'm changing my vote to SG because he has been talking a lot and I am pretty sure DarthNoob has said enough, he just got a little tounge-tied ^_^ .

To re-iterate Questions to the Host:

1. When does night end?

2. What happens in the event of a tie lynch?

3. tpaxatb

5. SG - voting for DudleyDude

9. Derrai

10. MrsP - voting for SG

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

A necessity vote. I'm willing to give a hint, but little more. Slick would've been jealous of me last night. That's enough to figure out exactly what my role is ;)

1. When does night end?

2. What happens in the event of a tie lynch?

2. I asked this earlier, and "In the event of a tie vote, no one dies."

Thanks for the change =)

A necessity vote. I'm willing to give a hint, but little more. Slick would've been jealous of me last night. That's enough to figure out exactly what my role is ;)

I was gonna vote for DD myself when I saw GM changed, but I see I don't have to. I'm throwing my vote with JarZe, just because he seemed illogical to me, and I don't like fallacy (did you know that illogicality is an actual word? Cool, no?), and because I feel like I should vote (as long as it's not a bandwagon!). I don't actually have any serious suspicions of anybody though, and I'm hoping this stays a tie lynch (well, the best outcome is a baddie getting lynched, but I don't see that happening).

Also, the Slick comment is interesting. Too bad Slick hasn't posted since before the day began. =/

3. tpaxatb

9. Derrai

10. MrsP - voting for SG

12. NoobishDarth - voting for JarZe

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

I'm throwing my vote for JarZe, I saw no defense of himself, but actions against those who accused him.

3. tpaxatb

9. Derrai - voting for JarZe

10. MrsP - voting for SG

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

As far as players being cleared from being a baddie/indie - tpaxatb. GMaster is definitely not part of the Undead Knight's gang, but that doesn't clear him from being an Exile, a really small chance and I don't think we want to push it yet.

Sorry about being absent most of the day, work was a little busier than I expected. I'm a little confused. In the narrative, GM was dead when the exile made his kill. Shouldn't that exclude GM from being the exile or am I reading too much into the narrative?

Wow! I missed alot of reading and I scanned through most (comments) of it. I think I smell a baddie but, it's too early to be sure. I will return tonight to vote and most will be asleep. I am not voting for one of the colors on the list already. I have a hunch only. First, time for a beer in memory of CP.

BTW, sorry CP, we really needed you.sad.gif

Dangit!

Ok, first, sorry I was out of town for work today (4 hour drive back and forth from Detroit to Columbus aarrrggh)

Second, double dangit, i'm outted, along with our killing role...and my protector is gone. (why me!?!? EV-ery....SIN-gle...TIME! :D)

Third, I lose my backstop....well, it's probably just as well, since I think CP is out of town anyway (sigh)

Anyways...shoot. For now, no vote, since it's currently tied. But my radar is up (for real this time!)

And oh, yeah, I'm too tired, but I've gotta figure some stuff out (and reread the role descriptions) we have to work together fast....

I'm throwing my vote with JarZe, just because he seemed illogical to me, and I don't like fallacy (did you know that illogicality is an actual word? Cool, no?), and because I feel like I should vote (as long as it's not a bandwagon!). I don't actually have any serious suspicions of anybody though, and I'm hoping this stays a tie lynch (well, the best outcome is a baddie getting lynched, but I don't see that happening).

I seem illogical? Tell me where have I been illogical? This is weird, two consecutive votes for me... :dry: I don't see that being a coincidence.

I'm throwing my vote for JarZe, I saw no defense of himself, but actions against those who accused him.

Why would I defend myself if I haven't been accused??? This is so not a goodie vote... You just made the top of my baddie list...

SG: I think I might've gotten your hint... I think you're trustworthy, so people start removing your votes from SG.

3. tpaxatb

9. Derrai - voting for JarZe

10. MrsP - voting for SG

13. woon - voting for JarZe

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

I have to admit this is very-very random vote. Being busy at office makes me can read all the pages after pages of comments.