BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia 2

Sorry for the delay...Had some issues to deal with first but here it is!

Night/Day: Nights and Days will be the standard 24 hour cycle. The first night and day will be extended for BTSC set up to be fully established.

Role Revealing: Each faction has an RID killer so do not reveal roles. Even if it is untrue. Ability will be taken in the event a role is revealed.

Coded Messages: Let's not have a repeat of last time. No coded messages.

Baddies: Win by killing all the innocents and the independent. Or if they become the majority. (Chooses 1 player to kill every night.) Have BTSC.

Undead Knight – The Dark Knight raised as the Undead. Cannot die at night. If saved by the cleric, will be killed by the cleric’s white magic.

Dark Magician – A powerful dark mage. Can cause a player to appear as any role he wants.

Rogue - Master theif...There's nothing he can't steal. Steals a players role ability each night but cannot steal the same person 2 times in a row, cannot steal the ability of a team mate. (The person he target’s loses their ability)

Recruit: New member of the group. Takes on the role of baddie that dies. Always appears as "Recruit" if checked by the Sage.

Innocents: Win by killing all the baddies

King: May PM the host at any time during the vote to end the day early. (Please note the post number in the PM.)

Prince: Order's the guards to capture one player each DAY. That player cannot be lynched that day or killed the next night and will be released the following day. There is a 25% chance that the prince will learn the role of the one he captured. The Prince may not capture the same person again. If the King dies, the Prince becomes King and gains the King’s ability on top of his own.

Knight captain: Kills each night. BTSC with the Squire. Cannot die as long as the Squire is alive.

Squire: BTSC with the Knight Captain. He admires the captain and will die for him if targetted.

Cleric: May save one player each night including himself but not the same player 2 nights in a row.

Sage: May investigate 1 player each night and learn their role.

Tower Guard: May watch a player each night and see the action they take.

Town Guard: May protect 1 player each night. However, if the person he protects is targeted, he dies instead. (Outed if he dies in this way)

Bard: Uses a magical lute to cause a player to uncontrollably begin to dance, negating their night action.

Coroner: Learns the identity of any role that died that night.

Independent: Wins by killing the King. (Or Prince if the Prince becomes the King)

Exile: Can kill each night. If the King dies by any other means but him, he must be the last player standing.

Host and Game Master: Marth

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. crazypainter

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. Panther

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue: Dead Rising (No Frank West here…)

As the Knight Captain and Sage walked away from the battle leaving the Exile and Chaos Magician for dead, the exile’s body began to stir.

“Those fools…They didn’t even bother to make absolutely sure I was dead. That mistake will be their undoing.” The exile slowly get to his feet and rushed into the darkness to plan for his next attempt to take the down the king.

A few months had passed since the battle took place. The new king and prince were discussing the events of that day.

“Father…What if the Exile escaped somehow? His body was never found after the Chaos Magician killed him...”

“I wouldn’t worry about it my son…I believe that he is dead and that his body was possibly taken by some wild animals.”

“I hope that you are right, father…”

A dark figure in one of the high windows disappeared from sight. “You keep thinking that…This time, I will succeed.” The Exile leapt down from the windowsill and jumped from the rooftops toward his hiding place.

Everything around town seemed to be returning to the way it once was. The bard was playing his harp in the town square as the villager gathered around to listen to his beautiful music. The Town Guard patrolled the streets as the Tower Guard watched from above.

The Knight Captain was teaching his new squire in the ways of the blade and archery, ensuring that he would be a worthy knight someday.

The sage was training himself since his encounters with the Dark Knight and his band. He wanted to make sure he wasn’t tricked by anyone’s disguises again.

The town’s new coroner and cleric were studying their respective medical books unaware of the coming danger.

Though it seemed that things were back to normal…It would not stay that way for long.

A rivaling kingdom had heard about what was going and sent on of their strongest magician, a clever thief, and a lowly recruit to the kingdom to assist the Dark Knight in his battle. However, they had arrived too late to help their previous battle, but he had a spell that could change all that. The Dark Knight’s body had been disposed of in the forest just outside of the town walls a few night’s prior to the battle those many months ago. The Dark Magician and Rogue found the burial spot and dug up the body of the fallen Dark Knight.

“Arise from the depths of hell and return to this plane to wreak havoc upon those who oppose you!” Dark bolts of electricity flew from the Dark Magicians hands, striking the Dark Knight’s body. Slowly, the Dark Knight’s body began to move once more as life returned to his decaying body.

“Hahaha, I have risen from the dead and shall now defeat the king and his men and take my place as ruler!” The Undead Knight spoke as he looked toward the kingdom as the sun set…

Roles coming shortly

Ok...I thought I'd changed that but I guess I missed it somehow or another when I went back to modify things. The exile wincon is must outlive the King, Prince, and Undead Knight.

I apologize in advance if I don't post any poems this time, or my participation is low (though I think it'll be high). Life, ya know?

Suggestion to all:

Sign in autonomously so nobody can try to extrapolate who you are by the times you've logged in. It's more important for the baddies, but I think it'd be unfair if the goodies could figure out who the baddies were just by seeing who logs in anonymously and who doesn't.

Glad to see it's started =P

Question that slipped by me the first time I went through the roles:

What's an RID killer? Any different from just somebody who has the ability to kill?

I apologize in advance if I don't post any poems this time, or my participation is low (though I think it'll be high). Life, ya know?

Suggestion to all:

Sign in autonomously so nobody can try to extrapolate who you are by the times you've logged in. It's more important for the baddies, but I think it'd be unfair if the goodies could figure out who the baddies were just by seeing who logs in anonymously and who doesn't.

Glad to see it's started =P

Question that slipped by me the first time I went through the roles:

What's an RID killer? Any different from just somebody who has the ability to kill?

An RID kill is a kill that surpasses all saves and abilities. RID = Role / ID meaning if the RID kill role can match up a persons role and player name, the person is dead and nothing can stop it.

Well alright then, let's get this party started. Please do the best you can DN. Mafia games with lots of inactive people aren't a lot of fun, and are very difficult for the goodies. So, we'll be counting on everyone to be as active as they can.

I may have to find a replacement for Panther, I have yet to get confirmation from him. And I'm still waiting on some actions to be finalized. Sorry for not saying sooner but please mark your final decision in red when PMing me, thanks.

Sorry everyone...I haven't gotten any sort of contact from Panther. So I need a replacement for him. So I'm waiting until I can get one. I've sent a few messages and I'm waiting now. (Why'd I have a feeling this would happen when I saw Panther appear out of no where after several months of inactivity)

Sorry everyone...I haven't gotten any sort of contact from Panther. So I need a replacement for him. So I'm waiting until I can get one. I've sent a few messages and I'm waiting now. (Why'd I have a feeling this would happen when I saw Panther appear out of no where after several months of inactivity)

ppl will always show you who/how they are.

Another 24 hours?? Really??

sad.gif , mad.gif , angry.gif , unsure.gif

Not to worry for long, I sent out 5 comments for experienced players. Hopefully one of them will nab the spot and soon. If I was at home I would have pmed them but, this PC has no sound or pm capability. Sunday's are hard to make contact with others so, tomorrow we should resume.wacko.gif

EDM will be taking Panther's place and I should have the post up sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Host and Game Master: Marth

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. crazypainter

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. Panther EDM