BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I have decided to make this a tad bit more complicated than the previous mafia with the introduction of 2 slightly different roles.It is also a small experiment for me.

Newer players are welcomed, as well as experienced ones. I can see this mafia ending around N4, if not before.

Feedback would be great. Since we'll start this after Ye Olde Mafia II, there's a lot of time and room for improvement.

Doomed

You find yourself waking up in a cryo-chamber. The system recognized the electromagnetic signals of your brain and slowly increased the temperature of the chamber and started pumping in a gaseous mixture that resembled that of the atmosphere. Blinking every so often, your eyes began to adjust to light again after years of being in slumber. You slowly regained your other senses as the computer initiated a series of programs to determine the functionality of you as a whole.

After passing the series of small tests, you heard the locks disengaging. The door slid open and you stepped into a small room with nothing other than a change of clothes and an exit. You put them on and left the room into a long passageway. As you walked down the passageway, you saw similar rooms with other cryo-preserved humans. You shuddered to think that you spent the last … How many years have it been?

The answer soon presented itself as you exit the long passageway. You entered a small chamber with a chair and a monitor screen. Printed on the screen are the words “Year 99PA.”

‘99PA?’

The fear of living in an uncertain future finally caught up, you started wondering what is in store for you. You sat down on the chair and the walls flickered.

“Welcome to the year 99PA. In your calendar, it would be year 3192AD.”

‘I have been sleeping for more than a thousand years?’ you wondered.

“It is now 99 years post-apocalypse.”

Over the next 30 minutes, you were given a brief history of what happened in the past thousand years. The Earth had been reduced to a toxic wasteland by wars and the only way humans could sustain themselves is by building domes that regulate their internal environment to mimic Earth before the apocalypse.

The chamber opened and you left the building. You walked into a metropolitan of high-tech buildings and thousands of people going about doing their own business. Looking up into the sky, you saw the glass dome, the dome which you are destined to live in for the remainder of this lifetime.

Welcome to the future.

Roles & Factions:

Cyber-Criminals

Chooses a player to kill once every night. Wins by being the last faction standing.

Mastermind: Able to orchestrate elaborate schemes behind peoples’ backs, he will appear as an [innocent] when spied upon, unless he is blocked the same night he was spied on.

Hacker: A capable hacker, he is able to hack into the city mainframe and issue orders to place a player in house arrest, blocking the player’s action for a night. May target the same player two nights in a row.

Citizens

Wins by being the last faction standing.

Doctor: She can save one player every night. May not target the same player two nights in a row.

Enforcer: He can block a player from acting every night. May not target the same player two nights in a row.

Information Analyst: She can look up a player’s files and learn the player’s faction.

Sentry: If she is killed, will reveal the role of the killer in the night post. Only once throughout the game, may sacrifice self to kill one player. The Sentry's role will be made public if she is killed/died with her victim.

Bio-Engineer: Every night, PMs the role with a dead player and a role match-up. Also included in the PM will be the target for the night. If the RID is correct (confirmation will be sent at the end of the night), he will perform the action of the dead player on his target.

Credit: UR and CL.

College Graduate: He can choose a player every night to party with. The player will lose his/her vote the following day. He will join the cyber-criminals and gain BTSC if the Hacker targets him. When spied will appear as [Cyber-Criminal] if he is converted.

Informant Network

Wins by completing individual win-con or by being the last faction standing.

Information Monger: On odd nights may choose to track a player and learn his/her target. On top of that, every night, sends the host a list of player and role ID matchups. If all matchups are correct, the Information Monger wins. If not, he will only be told the number of matchups he has correct, but not which ones.

Only once in game, may hire an assassin from his network and RID kill a player, during the day or night cycle. This kill cannot be blocked.

When spied will appear as [innocent], unless blocked. If blocked on the same night he is being spied on, will appear as [Cyber-Criminal].

Gameplay Mechanics:

1. Tie lynches will result in the lynch of all players who tied.

2. Blocks always prevail. All blocks will be calculated to giving the least amount of actions.

3. Beyond that, all other actions are calculated to giving the most amount of deaths.

4. Day and Night cycles are 24 hours, Nights may end earlier if I get all the actions in.

5. Have fun.

Host: scsw

Sign-ups:

Edited by scsw

• Answers 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sign-ups:

1. akaslickster-voting for sayalzah

2. GMaster479 - voting for sayalzah

3. EDM

4. Framm 18 - poisoned by the Cyber Criminals - [Sentry]

5. Derrai

6. Riranor - voting for sayalzah

7. crazypainter

8. tpaxatb

9. sayalzah

Sorry Framm18 but, thanks for the last breath.

Well now, that's what you call a dead give away. Only one more to go.thumbsup.gif

Edited by akaslickster

Sign-ups:

3. EDM

5. Derrai

7. crazypainter

8. tpaxatb - voting for sayalzah

9. sayalzah

Well, this could hardly be called a bandwagon, can it?

hmm......something's weird about this.....Framm18 meets someone who treats him like a friend, then gets poisoned.....regains consiousness only to give sayalzah's name? that doesn't make sense.....i had suspicion on sayalzah when i first read that, but now that i think about it......i'll vote after i get back from the supermarket with my sis....:D

ok then :blush:.....sayalzah it is.....:D

The baddies are going down!!!! :D :D

Hey....so are the goodies!......:blink::D

Sign-ups:

3. EDM - voting for sayalzah

4. Framm 18 - poisoned by the Cyber Criminals - [sentry]

5. Derrai

7. crazypainter

9. sayalzah

The sucky part is that we lost our only night killer. The good part is that we only have one killer to find (with the exception of the one-time RID kill of the indie). And based on what happened night 1, or should i say what DIDN'T happen...we should be able to get him before he can recruit the graduate.

5. Derrai

7. crazypainter voting for sayalzah

9. sayalzah

um thanks sayalzah for outing your role as mastermind. Or was it??

Are you claiming the role of mastermind? Since we still have you here among us, care to share why you went after framm18?

CP, it's N1. We didn't know anything. Framm18 was a random pick.

Hmmm, were you nervous being this is your first mafia and you got cast as a baddie?

How did your partner react? Who are your partnered up with?

5. Derrai - voting for sayalzah

7. crazypainter voting for sayalzah

9. sayalzah

Sorry I've been gone today. That Sentry sure was a doozy!

Day 1: One Strike and You're Out

The citizen of the domed city rallied when they heard the name sayalzah uttered by Framm18 in his last breath. Sayalzah, the rich billionaire that donates to charities and fights for the public. A murderer. The appalled public felt cheated and gathered at his estate. They grabbed sayalzah and handcuffed him (?).

"What should we do with him?"

"Exile him!"

The crowd roared. Actions against the society is condemned, for fear of another catastrophe. A big burly man dragged him to the gates and opened the airtight door. He effortlessly flung sayalzah into the chamber and closed the door. On the other side of the chamber, the door opened to the ash-laden toxic world that was Earth. The air stung his eyes, burned his skin. Sayalzah held his breath as long as possible. When he gave in, he gasped in air that burned his lungs. He slowly walked out of the chamber. The thin, burnt atmosphere did little to prevent the sun's radiation from bombarding sayalzah's skin. His skin charred and he soon withered. His body was reduced to ash.

Sign-ups:

1. akaslickster

2. GMaster479

3. EDM

5. Derrai

6. Riranor

7. crazypainter

8. tpaxatb

9. sayalzah - exiled and reduced to ash - [Mastermind]

Night 2 ends in 27 hours. 6pm PST. Works better for me. Good luck.

Hey tpaxatb? Are you being less active or is it my imagination? I'm not putting you on the spot. I just want to see some conversation before I vote. I must vote early in the morning, before work, B/C it'll be too late afterwards.smile.gif

Someone out of 6 players is the hacker and I would hate to waste a vote that I'm unable to change, due to friggen work.

I guess I am being less active, not on purpose....I'm getting swamped at work :(. Besides the fact that there really wasn't any reason to post during the first vote :)

The voting won't start until late tonight anyway! Anyway, I have my suspicions about someone...I've hinted as to why. I'm hoping that the analyst picked up on it and targets the person about whom I'm thinking...

Sign-ups:

1. akaslickster-voting for Riranor

2. GMaster479

3. EDM

5. Derrai

6. Riranor

7. crazypainter

8. tpaxatb

Night 2 ends in 27 hours. 6pm PST. Works better for me. Good luck.

That means if it's 7pm MST, I may barely, have enough time to switch my vote if applicable. Cy'all later.

Again, this is not final. Sorry, Riranor.unsure.gif

Sign-ups:

2. GMaster479

3. EDM

5. Derrai

6. Riranor

7. crazypainter voting for Riranor

8. tpaxatb

Slick, pls explain why Rir? I had thought he was one of the goodie roles. Could my spidey sense be on the blink?

Oh you wont be back till way later so, I probably wont get a response. If anyone else can connect the dots for me and see why Rir is a suspect

I would really appreciate it. I am placing my vote now so I can hear what Rir has to say. I will be changing my vote later, I promise. Pls dont bandwagon this. I only want to hear whar Rir is gonna say.

I think slick's confused too...there's like 9 hours before the voting even starts...then another 24 before it ends. We need the night post before we can start the voting.

Sheesh

(now, let's just hope CP and slick aren't so confused that they forget to put in their night actions...)

2. GMaster479

3. EDM

5. Derrai

6. Riranor

7. crazypainter

8. tpaxatb

I already sent in my night action.

I wasnt quite awake when I posted that. I am cracking up at myself right now btw.

:duh: