BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I recently discovered a satisfying new word game called 'doublets.' Lewis Carroll actually invented this game. You start with one word and have to change it into another word, but you can only change it one letter at a time. Also, when you change a letter, you have to form a real word, and you only have a certain number of spaces to solve it with. Here's an example for WARM to COLD.

WARM

ward

word

cord

COLD

Here's the ones you can try to solve:

LOSE

_________

_________

_________

FIND

MORE

_________

_________

_________

LESS

NONE

_________

_________

SOME

HARD

_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

SOFT

SHOW

_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

_________

TELL

I am still stumped on the last two, but I can try and give hints if these are too challenging. ;)

13 answers to this question

Actually, I just solved them...

You can change the order of the letters.

And, of course, there are multiple solutions.

If you solved them, try solving them without changing the order of the word. It is not possible for some of them.

I don't like spoilers because I ALWAYS have to peek...Good Luck!

I recently discovered a satisfying new word game called 'doublets.' Lewis Carroll actually invented this game. You start with one word and have to change it into another word, but you can only change it one letter at a time. Also, when you change a letter, you have to form a real word, and you only have a certain number of spaces to solve it with. Here's an example for WARM to COLD.

WARM

ward

word

cord

COLD

LOSE

Lone

Line

Fine

FIND

that's the only one i could get ;) i give up easily....or maybe it's because it's past 10 and i woke up at 6 and have been running around all day

WARM

ward

word

cord

COLD

LOOSE

Hues

Hind

FIND

MORE

GORE

Guess

LESS

NONE

Fun

From

SOME

HARD

Sword

Salt

SOFT

SHOW

Snow

Snail

Tail

TELL

I am still stumped on the last two, but I can try and give hints if these are too challenging. ;)