BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brush Up Mafia

Here's the game thread. Roles will be going out shortly.

The police chief, tpaxatb, examined the memo. He thought about filing it away in his favorite filing cabinet, the trash can, but thought better of it.

"scsw, get in here!"

His assistant chief entered the room. "You rang, sir?"

"Have you seen this memo about Los Pollos Locos?" the chief inquired. He let the insubordination slide. There were bigger fish to fry this day.

"Yeah, but I didn't think much of it. I mean, what are the odds of that happening?"

"I know, but we'll have to take this threat seriously. This is a pretty serious charge the mayor is making. A rogue cop in our department? Who'd believe that? I told the mayor that giving the number 13 to our town's ONLY precinct was a bad idea. What was he thinking? First the hippies, and now this! Never mind, that's a question for another time."

"Okaaaay," scsw replied. He knew the chief's rants could ramble on and on for hours, and prepared himself for the worst. This, however, was one of those rare times that the chief decided to stay on point.

"Look. I know that the odds are long, but tell the Sergeant that at the next roll call, he is to prepare the troops for a THOROUGH house cleaning. We'll go through this precinct one cop at a time if we have to and find the rogue! Then we can take care of this 'Crazy Chicken' nonsense."

"Yes, sir," mumbled scsw as he left the chief's office. Unlike the chief, he was more pragmatic, and knew that a house cleaning would be a blood-letting affair.

El Jefe examined the faces around him in his new headquarters. Like many inner city transplants, he felt most comfortable surrounded by amigos who shared a common goal. For some odd reason, he also felt most at home in a run down crack house. His problem was that he was 2 hours new to the town of Manicomio, and didn't have the strength of numbers nor the crackhouse that he had had in Detroit. But he knew how to take care of that.

"Gentlemen (and ladies)," he addressed his new found followers in his mom's suburbanite home. "Today, we have finally penetrated the police department!"

Cheers erupted from the crowd.

"Quiet! I know you are Loco, but can you at least WAIT until I'm finished?"

The surrounding gangstas quietted down.

"Good. Listen, we were finally able to get to a cop down at the 13th precinct. It took forever! Well, I take that back, it took an hour, but that is a LONG time to chickens, you know. But control of the precinct is at hand. Once we control the cops in that neighborhood, we control the city!"

Silence continued as the gangstas were rapt with attention, waiting for El Jefe to command them.

"You may cheer now," El Jefe prompted.

Cheers once again erupted from the gathered Pollos Locos, for they knew that taking the city meant more money, more booze, and generally an all around good time. As he listened to the cheers, El Jefe smiled inwardly. Yes, he thought, Manicomio was ripe for the taking.

It was the midnight shift. The Sergeant absolutely, positively, despised this shift; for some reason, it seemed all the crazies came out on this shift. He reasoned that it must be something in the water. He had a feeling that this night wouldn't be any different. As he looked down at the memo that was forwarded to him by the assistant chief, he let out an audible sigh and knew that he was correct. He figured he'd better get it over with. Like the assistant chief, he deduced that the memo would mean bloodshed.

"Attention....Can I have your attention PLEASE!" Ironically, unlike the gangstas, the cops were a much more difficult bunch to get under control. It took five long minutes for the shift to settle down.

"The mayor has brought it to the attention of the chief, who brought it to the attention of the assistant...oh forget it," he stated with exasperation. "Look, there's a rogue cop in the precinct on the payroll of this new gang in town called Los Pollos Locos. We're crazy enough in this town without having to worry about yet another group of crazies! So, we're gonna root out this traitor and rid this town of the Locos. We don't know who they are yet. For all we know the rogue cop may be sitting RIGHT....NEXT....TO...YOU! So watch your backs! That's all I got about that. Your week's assignments will be sent to you via private messaging prior to the night's shift. If you FORGOT what you are supposed to DO with your assignment, see the bulletin board. If you still need help...don't ask me, go to the assistant chief or chief. That's all...let's get to work."

The rogue cop sat quietly and smiled to himself, watching his fellow officers prepare for the night's shift. If they only knew what he and the Locos had in store for them....

Hosts

Police Chief (Host): tpaxatb

Maintains order amongst the players. Ensures a smooth and fun game for all. But he's rather dumb, so....

Assistant Police Chief (co-Host): scsw

Helps to maintain order. Makes sure the chief is apprised of all problems and helps chief figure stuff out.

Los Pollos Locos - HAVE BTSC

El Jefe - Every Night Kill

Los Pollos Locos leader attempting to take over Manicomio's only police precinct, Precinct 13. As the leader of the gang, can select one cop every night and mark him for death.

Rogue Cop - Every ODD night block. If El Jefe is killed, gains Every Night Kill

A police officer of Precint 13 that has already been corrupted by El Jefe and is working from the inside. As he has access to all the cops, even those inside the building, he can "send a message" from the gang to any other officer every ODD night. And by sending a message, I mean he roughs up another officer. Along with this rough-up, he can give the host a short message to pass along to the officer during the beat down. If El Jefe is killed, he will be so worried that he will be caught that he will start killing on his own.

Officers of Manicomio's Precinct 13 - NO BTSC

Precinct Sergeant - Every Night Block

As the precinct's sergeant, he uses his supervisory power to prevent a player's actions from occurring by changing his assignment that night. Only the officer who has had his assignment changed will be notified if necessary.

SWAT Sniper - Starting Night 2: Every night, but not 2 in a row, Kill. Cannot be killed night 1.

The precinct's best and surest shot. Beginning on night 2, will become so frustrated with the progress of finding the rogue that he will start killing one selected person at night. However, killing someone makes him so distraught that he will be unable to kill the following night. In addition, because of his body armor, he is immune from attack on night 1.

Undercover Cop - Every Night FACTION Spy

The precinct's resident master of disguise. Every night, he uses his skills of disguise to infiltrate his selected target's home and can determine to which faction a player belongs.

Detective - Every Night ACTION Spy

A seasoned veteran of the force, he uses his network of anonymous informants each night to determine a player's actions.

Paramedic - Every Night Save. Cannot save same person two nights in a row. Cannot save self.

The assistant chief, being a smart man and realizing that there is the potential for a lot of bloodshed, decited to bring in a paramedic for the week. An aspiring cop himself, the Paramedic rides along with a player each night. If that player is attacked, he uses his medical skills to save the player. Cannot ride along with the same officer two nights in a row,. Because he needs a partner, he cannot ride along alone so he cannot save himself.

Last faction standing WINS!

The game will start with a night cycle once signups have been completed and each player has confirmed and received his/her role. Each Night cycle will last 24 hours. Each day cycle will also last 24 hours. Since the Police Chief moonlights (no wonder there's a rogue cop, the cops in Manicomio aren't paid enough!), the target end time for each day and night cycle will be 10:00 PM Eastern Time unless something unforseen happens.

Rogue Cop's blocks revealed ONLY to the player being blocked (along with the short message).

Blocks otherwise not revealed.

Rogue Cop's blocks are not blockable by the Sergeant (e.g. Rogue Cop blocks Sniper, Sergeant blocks rogue cop, Sniper's action is still nullified).

El Jefe's kill fails if the Sergeant blocks the El Jefe and the Sergeant was not blocked by the Rogue Cop (even if the killer was targeting the Sergeant)

El Jefe's kill fails if the Paramedic saves the target and the Paramedic was not blocked by either the Rogue Cop or the Sergeant.

No player is removed in a tied lynch.

NOTE: Players that come out with their roles without being probed/pressured for it will be punished by loss of ability the following night.

Host: tpaxatb

Co-Host: scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

1.DudleyDude

2.DarthNoob

3.Crazypainter

4.MrsP

5. Marth

6.Wilson

7. EDM

Let the games begin!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops I forgot one thing (dinner time)

Night 1 ends (all night actions must be in by) 9:30PM Eastern Time on Wednesday 09 September(1:30AM 10 September GMT)

Edited by tpaxatb

Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in the bleak December

And each separate dying ember wrought it's ghost upon the floor.

Eagerly I wish the morrow, gazing at each burning star glow

As I nearly slumber under heaven's beauty I adore

Edited by DarthNoob

Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in the bleak December

And each separate dying ember wrought it's ghost upon the floor.

Eagerly I wish the morrow, gazing at each burning star glow

As I nearly slumber under heaven's beauty I adore

Yeah we have a poet among us!!! Darth, love your riddles in the other forum...

Request to whomever is the goodie killing role...take a rest the next night will ya? Even though you can kill please dont. We have no idea who is good vs bad. And there is a damn good chance

you will end up choosing a goodie as your target. But if you are sure who the baddies are then go for it!!!

Edit: forgot the goodies cant kill till night 2.

Edited by crazypainter

tpax - what prevails as far as the actions go? spying, blocking, saving, killing?

Edit: color

Rogue Cop blocks prevail over Sergeant blocks prevail over Saves prevail over Kills prevail over Spies

The rogue cop's action is not able to be blocked.

Killed players' actions will still take place. (e.g. it is possible for El Jefe and the Sniper to kill each other in the same night - one note on that though, even though they would kill each other, and the only thing that would make sense in "the real world" would be for them to have say a shoot-out or something, it will appear as two separate deaths in the night post).

Is that enough?

Hey Paranoia,

If I was to get an unsolicited viewing,

(AT THIS TIME)

would someone be trying to incriminate me?

What you think Czp?

hm what do I think? I think it makes sense to know your allies and enemies. I dont think it is incriminating

for anyone to check another player out. But paranoia hits us all in different ways.

What do you think of the game so far?

hm what do I think? I think it makes sense to know your allies and enemies. I dont think it is incriminating

for anyone to check another player out. But paranoia hits us all in different ways.

What do you think of the game so far?

Think the nightime is for chickens. So I'm off to bed!

Yeah we have a poet among us!!! Darth, love your riddles in the other forum...

Request to whomever is the goodie killing role...take a rest the next night will ya? Even though you can kill please dont. We have no idea who is good vs bad. And there is a damn good chance

you will end up choosing a goodie as your target. But if you are sure who the baddies are then go for it!!!

Edit: forgot the goodies cant kill till night 2.

Nah, Poe's the real poet. At least for the first two and a half lines.

Rogue Cop blocks prevail over Sergeant blocks prevail over Saves prevail over Kills prevail over Spies

The rogue cop's action is not able to be blocked.

Killed players' actions will still take place. (e.g. it is possible for El Jefe and the Sniper to kill each other in the same night - one note on that though, even though they would kill each other, and the only thing that would make sense in "the real world" would be for them to have say a shoot-out or something, it will appear as two separate deaths in the night post).

Is that enough?

Hey... I know how it could be explained, other than a shoot-out... dopplegangers! You could message each person saying that his doppleganger was killed, he's still in the game, and he'll know that he was targeted by the other person with the ability to kill.

Hey Paranoia,

If I was to get an unsolicited viewing,

(AT THIS TIME)

would someone be trying to incriminate me?

What you think Czp?

What does it mean to get an unsolicited viewing?

Night 1 - Betrayals

The chief walked into his outer office fresh from his day job with his head down. As he walked by his normally calm assistant, the chief heard muttering under his breath. Something about computer crashes and the inability to access important information from the previous week's actions. The chief put it out of his mind as he unlocked his door and entered his office. He had a plan he hoped would ensure that none of his new recruits would be killed that night, and his assistant's computer problems would just have to wait.

The assistant saw his boss walk in, lost in thought. "Well, it's a good thing he's here, things can now get done," he thought. He decided that the best course of action was to not to panic any more over his computer, as all that did was stress himself more. He thought to himself that a good hot shower was what he needed. He just hoped that there were towels in the locker room...for some reason, the 42 that he had bought last week had suddenly disappeared. There was no use worrying about that now, as his mind was made up. He rose from his computer and headed to the department gym.

As the assistant entered the locker room, he sensed something was amiss. Rounding the first bank of lockers, he saw what appeared to be a body on the floor and heard the other entrance door slam shut.

"Hey, officer, you OK?" the assistant inquired, fearing the worst.

"Yeah, I just tripped," said the unknown officer as he hurridly rose and left the room.

CrazyPainter gazed closely at her partner for the night. She wasn't sure about the Sergeant's new system implemented this evening, one that was supposed to help lower the risk of danger. She knew that it really wasn't the sergeant's fault; it seemed that all the really "bright" ideas came from the Chief. Meaning that the ideas weren't all that bright to begin with. Meaning she should really be blaming the Chief for this prediciment.

"So. Ever been on a drug raid before?" CP asked her partner as they drove down one of the dark streets of Manicomio.

"Nope. First time." came the reply.

"Alright, then. The way it will work is this. You'll be breaking down the door. You need to get out of the way immediately, so I can crash the place..."

El Jefe was sitting in his new crackhouse. It took him a day, but he had found it with the help of the Rogue Cop. Apparantly, the house was abandoned recently, just waiting for the right criminal element (namely, him) to appropriate it. His phone buzzed annoyingly. He looked down, perplexed at the cryptic text:

"raid 2nite@house"

CP continued to go over the plan with her partner. "Once I'm in, you follow. You HAVE to cover me at all costs. I'll clear the left, you clear the right; make sure NO is there. If I remember the layout of this house right, there's a kitchen on the left, and a small bathroom on the right. After that it's a long hallway to the back rooms. We need to hit hard and fast. That hallway is a choke point."

"You've been here before?"

"Yeah. Before this house was abandoned it was used as a brothel. It seemed we were raiding this place every other week. Some things just never change."

"No, they don't," CP's partner replied, staring out into the passing darkness.

As El Jefe was pondering the cryptic message, a new one arrived.

"go2bathromnow"

This confused him more. As he was pondering the meaning, he heard the squeal of brakes in the front of the house. "Shoot," he thought, realizing what it all meant. He dove into the bathroom just inside the front door. And waited patiently. Unlike some people, he trusted his partner.

CP cringed at the sound of the squealing brakes. She made a mental note to have the mechanics look at them in the morning.

"You ready?" she asked.

"Yup. Let's do this," came the overly excited reply.

CP and her partner quietly approached the front door. Well, as quietly as could be expected considering their need to rush after the squealing brakes. Her partner held the battering ram at the ready.

"POLICE..SEARCH WARRANT!!!" they yelled together.

The door was rammed open like it was a cardboard box. As if they had been doing it together forever, CP led the way into the house. She swept left..the kitchen. "Clear!". She heard her partner yell "Clear!" as well, and immediately started heading down the long corridor. But something wasn't quite right. She bristled, standing suddenly from her crouched ready position as she heard the cocking of a shotgun. She paused, realizing what was going on.

"You don't have to do this," she pleaded uselessly as she felt the barrel of the shotgun against the back of her head.

"Yes, we do," came El Jefe's reply. The world went dark as CP wondered how she could have been taken down so easily.

"Get out of here now, but leave the gun," the Rogue Cop told El Jefe. The Rogue Cop knew that the shotgun was untracable, and ballistics were useless. "You can't be seen here. I'll make it look good for the others. You'll have to find a new crack house, but it's a small price to pay for getting rid of one of the cops."

El Jefe fled the rear of the house, both cursing and celebrating his luck. As he rounded the corner, he heard the faint shouts of "Officer down!"

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob

3. Crazypainter - [?] Assassinated during a drug raid by LPL

4. MrsP

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

Day 1 Ends at 9:30PM Thurs, 10 Sept EDT (1:30AM Fri 11 Sept GMT)

(Host reminder) I'm not going to be a tyrant about it, but please remember to contribute meaningfully during the lynch :)

Quick reminder for the new players:

This is the day cycle, the lynch. You should be voting for the player you believe should be *removed* from the game in this thread (the game thread). For the goodies that is trying to find the baddies, and for the baddies that is trying to play the goodies against each other. I won't discuss lynch strategies here, unreality covered that pretty well in his guide.

The easiest way to vote is to reply to the latest roster with votes, remove the quote tags, then add your vote (in the same color) for the person you wish to vote. If the person for whom you wish to vote doesn't have a color yet, use a new color (preferably not red, blue, or grey, since they are used in the roster for dead players).

For ease, here is the roster again. Just reply to this message, leave everything between the cut here tags, and put in your vote.

---Cut Here---

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob

4. MrsP

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

---Cut Here---

For example, if I were player number 8, and were voting for scsw, I would find my name in the roster and put:

8. tpaxatb - voting for scsw

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob

4. MrsP - voting for DarthNoob

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

Just doing random.org, got a 2. Sorry DN, Day 1 is the hardest.

Edit: Changed the color, I accidentally did it as the same green as the host colors and it was too confusing.

Edited by MrsP

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob

4. MrsP - voting for DarthNoob

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

Just doing random.org, got a 2. Sorry DN, Day 1 is the hardest.

Edit: Changed the color, I accidentally did it as the same green as the host colors and it was too confusing.

I had an inkling of a suspicion for somebody, and I was considering voicing it, but now you've given me a much better person to vote lynching for.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob - voted for by MrsP

4. MrsP - voted for by DarthNoob

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

(Btw, I changed it to "voted for by," because I think that makes more sense for listing votes)

As soon as you, MrsP, change your vote to somebody else, I will change my vote also. If you don't change, then here's my defense:

If you're willing to hear this, I can make lyrics

Lyrics to entertain, no one will be the same

Whether quoting Poe or just beating a new flow,

Gimme life for song it's quid pro quo.

Oh, and there's one more thing you should know, so

- wait, no, I'm not prepared just yet to say so!

I'll amend this line if MrsP doesn't change her mind.

Edit: forgot a line.

And, how dare you EDM! I might have to amend said line prematurely

Edited by DarthNoob

I had an inkling of a suspicion for somebody, and I was considering voicing it, but now you've given me a much better person to vote lynching for.

Manicomio Citizens:

1. DudleyDude

2. DarthNoob - voted for by MrsP

4. MrsP - voted for by DarthNoob

5. Marth

6. Wilson

7. EDM

(Btw, I changed it to "voted for by," because I think that makes more sense for listing votes)

As soon as you, MrsP, change your vote to somebody else, I will change my vote also. If you don't change, then here's my defense:

If you're willing to hear this, I can make lyrics

Lyrics to entertain, no one will be the same

Whether quoting Poe or just beating a new flow,

Oh, and there's one more thing you should know, so

- wait, no, I'm not prepared just yet to say so!

I'll amend this line if MrsP doesn't change her mind.

DN, I really got you on random.org - Day1 is always hard. But for you to just switch it back to me without giving a reason besides retaliation seems very much like a baddie to me. You didn't give a defense, you just said you will change it as soon as I change it to someone else. That makes me feel like you are a baddie now. So now it's not a random.org vote anymore and it is a vote out of suspicion. I think we all need to hear a defense from you now, you just made yourself look like a baddie, so if you aren't prove it to us.