Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 schmod54

schmod54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

In the Land of Knights and Knaves [LKK], Knights told the truth, and Knaves always lied. When the rare averitas flu virus infected some of the inhabitants, their behavior was reversed: sick Knights began to lie, and infected Knaves had to tell the truth!

Your job is to find out the ones who have been infected so they can be given the costly AFV vaccine. Just as you've finished with the previous group (or even if you're not finished... too bad, they're here anyway ;)), another group of five LKK citizens barge in. Here's what they have to say:

Vlad: Zedekiah is a knight as much as I am.
Wally: Vlad is a liar! He's a knave. I'm a knave too.
Xavier: If there are an odd # of knights in this group, then I need a shot, otherwise, I'm a knave.
Yitzhak: I'm a knave.
Zedekiah: Don't trust Yitzhak, he's lying! Trust me, I'm a knight!

Well, at least you know their names. Who needs a shot, and who doesn't?

Special thanks to bonanova for the puzzle format and introductory text.

#2 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

Spoiler for I got 4 out of 5

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#3 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Spoiler for ANSWER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users