Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Writersblock

Writersblock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Here's a pseudo-religious theory from me.

String theory shows that all matter and energy are made of little loops of "stuff" that vibrates in a symphony to create the eleven dimensions of time-space. This includes every form of matter and describes how and why things work together. The harmony of the strings is the stuff of creation. The question (even for physicists) is how and why these strings of “stuff” vibrate in harmony, even in the light of the law of entropy. (Look up the laws of strings to see the basics of how strings function.) They seem contrary to the known laws of physics and operate under the command of some unknown force.

In any event, these strings vibrating make both the carbon compounds that create our brains, and the energy that flows through it. I call that energy spirit. As long as your spirit inhabits your brain, it creates chemicals that store in the brain, causing emotion, thought, and sentience. :)

#12 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

Spirits create chemicals?

Has it actually been proven that their is a force or energy that causes emotions and things to occur? Or do diffferent people just have different ideas and opinions?

Im hoping to take my career after school into the field of biochemistry so would love to investigate this at some point in my life

Anyone else have any ideas how these things happen??

#13 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

Writersblock was making an abstract guess, trying to connect science with spirit. But what he's basing his spiritual idea upon is something called 'string theory', which is that little loops of stuff, as writersblock said, make up everything. I do not personally support this theory... it is more of a speculation by bored scientists than a full blown theory. I have not followed it but as far as i can tell there really isnt any major evidence saying that string theory is likely, it's one of many "unification theories"

#14 Writersblock

Writersblock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

Check the newest on it, they have really solid mathmatical evidence for it. Of course it's one of the "unprovables" like black holes - only math and observation surrounding the theory, but it's a very interesting explanation for the so called quantum/reletivistic paradox.

#15 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:56 AM

maybe I will look it up again (eventually :P)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users