Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fantasy Mafia II

• Please log in to reply
659 replies to this topic

#21 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:56 AM

About the night post: I'm still waiting on a few actions and confirmations. Hopefully we can wrap this up in 12 hours.

#22 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:52 AM

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE ***

Blunder! I just reread the OP and I realized (thanks in part to tpaxtb for pointing the Healer saving once out) that I forgot to make a few changes to the role descriptions (changes that I accidentally left out in red):

Defender: Every night, may choose to protect a player. May not target the same player two nights in a row. May target self only once.

Healer: Every night, may choose to heal a player. May not target the same player twice. May target self.
Note: If the Healer has already gone through the player list, and is able to identify to the host the baddies that he wishes not to save, he may then choose any player from the list, but not two nights in a row.

This is what happens when I cut and paste. :dry: The main reason I put this in place is because the goodies have a lot of saving roles, and by limiting the Healer's ability to save, this will allow for more suspense, be it the mafia's target or should a player's role be lynch-revealed and potentially become the Myath's RID target.

Chimeric Myath

Pool 2:
The Myath may choose to infest a player with a parasitic spawn. If paired with a correct RID, the parasite will manifest itself between 1 – 2 nights (random). When the parasite manifests itself, the player will become a Spawn and join the Chimeric Myath as a vanilla and gain BTSC. Any save on the night this is attempted will block this attempt. A save by the healer any night thereafter before the player becomes a spawn will cure the player of the parasite.
Should a spawn die, the Myath may decide to learn the player’s ability, subject to the same restrictions as Pool 1.
The Myath may only have 2 spawns at any given time. If it infects a player while it has 2 spawns, the player will not be affected if at the time of manifestation, the Myath still has its original spawns.

The Myath may now try to RID infect players every night and can no longer tag players with fake parasites. RID Infest may be blocked on even nights.

Sorry guys. I promise that this is the last change I need to make. This should balance the game.

If you have more questions about what is or is not mentioned in the posts, or any ability clarifications, do not hesitate to ask.

#23 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

Can we have the update in one page please - if you put it in a poiler of your sig for a while we can always find it on page one
Thanks!

#24 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm so sorry for not coming on earlier!

Bringing up a forgotten question that really ought to be answered:

Do the HoC player loose BTSC if they become spawned by the Chimera - I guess the Hoc will not be telling anyone they are a man down. But, what about the information they have - is it "forgotten", so to speak?

#25 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

ooo good memory and question ST. Yeah if someone is infected and then saved at a later date, do they remember everything from their infirm days? What happens if they have BTSC with another team??

#26 star_tiger

star_tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

ooo good memory and question ST. Yeah if someone is infected and then saved at a later date, do they remember everything from their infirm days? What happens if they have BTSC with another team??

Possible answer to the first question?
"Priest:...The spawn will die the following night."

#27 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Why (again)

Do the HoC player loose BTSC if they become spawned by the Chimera - I guess the Hoc will not be telling anyone they are a man down. But, what about the information they have - is it "forgotten", so to speak?

I apologize. I though I had already answered the question, but it was just my memory playing tricks on me.

Good question. The HoC member will lose its ability and, with that, the lose BTSC with the HoC as well. It is only fair that there are certain restrictions on giving information:
1. The HoC member is only allowed to pass on role information of players not in the HoC BTSC group without restrictions.
2. If the player reveals to the Myath the HoC members, the Myath may not use those IDs for any sort of RID (infection/kill).
As you may guess, the same will apply to the Merchant/Baron BTSC group.

Can we have the update in one page please - if you put it in a poiler of your sig for a while we can always find it on page one
Thanks!

Was just about to do that. :)

They do remember. They will not know who the Myath is until the parasite infests itself, which will be too late for any saving. The only way is for the Priest to kill it. Restrictions for BTSC spawns are mentioned above.

Edited by scsw, 21 August 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#28 IDoNotExist

IDoNotExist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Can I be a back-up? :huh:

#29 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

The same list will be posted in my sig under a spoiler.

Fantasy Mafia II - The Rebuilding of Wyrmhaven

Spoiler for Roles

Spoiler for FAQ

I'm still waiting on a few night actions. Just to remind players - I'm only allowing an extension for N1, so if no actions are received within 24 hours in the coming nights, you will have no night actions.

Have fun. :)

EDIT: I was not allowed to post the roles (even with a spoiler) in my sig - so I've included a link to this post instead.

Edited by scsw, 21 August 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#30 scsw

scsw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

Can I be a back-up? :huh:

More than happy to have you in the party, Sir Knight. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users