BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Fantasy Mafia II

Changes of the roles from the OP in the sign up thread are in blue. There are multiple changes, so make sure you read it. If you have any suggestion about any of the roles, and I receive them within 12 hours of the night, I will consider the suggestion.

Fantasy Mafia II - The Rebuilding of Wyrmhaven

Game Mechanics:

1. Blocks always prevail.

2. Blocking and spying attempts will not be revealed in the night post.

3. Days are 24 hours (should there be any change, i.e. weekends when a lot of people are going to be inactive, it will be stated with the night post).

4. Nights are 24 hours.

5. Kills/Deaths will always be maximized. A tie lynch will cause all the tied players to be lynched. Two players targeting each other for kills will both be killed, unless they are saved.

Citizens:

Win if they are the last faction standing.

Baron:

On odd nights, the Baron may use his advisors to;

Security Advisor: Protect a player from harm.

Military Advisor: Block a player from acting.

Internal Advisor: The specific details of a random event that night will be PMed to the Baron. E.g. [Player A], the Merchant, traded with [Player B].

On even nights, and only twice throughout the game, the Baron uses his influential network to establish contact with a player and BTSC is allowed between the two players for the Night/Day cycle.

The Baron may never be lynched. A lynch will only reveal the Baron’s role.

The Baron cannot be killed on Night 1. An attempted kill on Night 1 will be described as a Healer/Defender’s save, determined by a coin flip.

Merchant: Always there when the opportunity to trade presents itself, the Merchant may pick one player every night to choose to trade with. The Merchant will steal the player’s vote for the following day. May not target the same player twice. If the Merchant chooses the Baron to trade with, they gain BTSC. The Merchant will not steal the Baron’s votes, and will no longer trade at night. The same Night, and every night thereafter, the Merchant will gain 1 gold piece every night at the beginning of the night*. He/She may use it to:

1 GP: Learn the identity of a player –or– Hire a bodyguard to protect self. The Merchant will learn the identity of whoever tried to kill him/her that night.

2 GP: If the Merchant is able to RID a player, he/she may hire the player and perform any action the player is capable of.

Should the Baron die before the Merchant meets him, the Merchant will know and gain a secret ability.

* Both players will be informed of the meeting on the same night, only if both players has confirmed their actions, but BTSC is only established the next Day.

Baron & Merchant meet if:

1. Merchant chooses Baron

2. Baron chooses Merchant for BTSC

3. Should any of the Baron's advisors target the Merchant, the Merchant will know who the Baron is and may choose to contact him the next night.

Defender: Every night, may choose to protect a player. May not target the same player twice. May target self.

Healer: Every night, may choose to heal a player. May not target the same player twice. May target self.

Priest: Every night, may choose a player to inspect for Spawn/Spawn-infection. If the chosen player is infected, the Priest gains the Exorcise ability, on top of the inspection ability, the following night. Should the Priest choose to exorcise a player, it drains the Priest and the Priest’s vote will count as 0 the next day. The spawn will die the following night.

The Priest is immune to Spawn infections.

Innkeeper: Starts with 10GP. May use them to hire people to perform the following actions:

1GP: Hire a bodyguard to protect self from harm.

2GP: Hire a fighter from the Fighter’s Guild to defend a player.

3GP: Hire a thug to block a player.

4GP: Hire an informant to learn a player’s role.

5GP: Hire an assassin to kill a player.

He may choose to discard the whole stash at his whim, or to save himself from a lynching. Role will be revealed.

Should the Innkeeper have 0GP, he may start sending messages to players.

[on some level, the GP system was inspired by Itachi]

Witch Doctor: After being pardoned by the Baron, the Witch Doctor decides to help the citizens. Every night, she may choose to use her voodoo arts to prevent a player from acting.

Barbarian: Every night may choose to kill a player. Should the Barbarian kill two innocents, his role will be made public the same night and will be lynched if he doesn’t target a baddie within 2 Night/Day cycles.

Diviner: Every night, may make a divining on a player. The Diviner will find out the player’s role. -OR- Every other night, the Diviner may choose to forgo her divining and try to RID a player. A successful RID protect a player for the next Night/Day cycle from all intrusion attempts. Should the player be lynched, the role will be revealed.

Bricklayer: Having to work till late at night, the Bricklayer will learn the roles of all players killed that night. Every other Day, but not two in a row, he may choose to post the role, with a short message of his own, in the Day post. The Bricklayer will not be able to post the roles of dead players of more than two nights before (i.e. On Day 4, the Bricklayer may not post the role of players which died on Night 1 and 2).

The Hand of Chaos

Win if they are the last faction standing. Every night, may choose a member to kill a target player.

Dark Mage: Every night, may redirect a player’s target to any target of the Dark Mage’s choice.

Silencer: Every night, may choose to silence a player by blocking his/her actions. Any spying attempt on the Silencer will be returned as Blocked, unless the Silencer is blocked that night.

Enchantress: Every night, but not two in a row, may choose a player. Should the player have more than 50% votes stacked on him/her at any point of the Day, the player will be lynched together with the actual lynch victim. [running off someguy, Bb, UR and sparrow's ideas]

Copier: Every night, may choose 3 in-game players. A random player will be selected and the copier will learn that player’s ability to be used the next night on top of his own. The ability will be forgotten the next night, whether it is used or not, or whether a new ability is copied or not.

Fourth Circle Spawn

Win if they are the last faction standing.

Chimeric Myath [is increasingly similar to roles by Sin and Bb]

A powerful spawn from the Fourth Circle, the Chimeric Myath has multiple abilities. Every night, it may choose to use one ability every night from each pool:

Pool 1:

Every Day, may choose a dead player from that Night/Day cycle and store his/her ability. Can store up to 2 abilities. If the Myath decides to learn a third ability, a random ability from the two will be erased.

Pool 2:

On odd nights, the Myath may choose to infest a player with a parasitic spawn. If paired with a correct RID, he may choose to have the parasite manifest itself anywhere between 1 – 3 nights. When the parasite manifests itself, the player will become a Spawn and join the Chimeric Myath as a vanilla and gain BTSC. Any save on the night this is attempted will block this attempt. A save by the healer any night thereafter before the player becomes a spawn will cure the player of the parasite.

Should a spawn die, the Myath may decide to learn the player’s ability, subject to the same restrictions as Pool 1.

The Myath may only have 2 spawns at any given time. If it infects a player while it has 2 spawns, the player will not be affected if at the time of manifestation, the Myath still has its original spawns.

On even nights, the Myath may choose to tag a player with a fake parasite to thwart the Priest.

Pool 3:

May use the stolen ability from Pool 1 on top of all of these. The ability has the same restrictions as the original ones.

Pool 4:

May RID kill a player, maximum of 2 throughout the game, and automatically add the player’s ability on top of the two stolen ones in Pool 3. This ability is permanent. Should the RID fail, a random member of the Fourth Circle Spawn will be randomly killed.

On Odd nights, odd pool abilities are blockable. On Even nights, pool 2 abilities are blockable. RID kill may not be blocked. Successful RID targets can only be saved by the Healer.

The Myath cannot be killed on Night 1. An attempted kill on Night 1 will be described as a Healer/Defender’s save, determined by a coin flip.

If the Myath is killed, vanilla spawn(s) will (each) gain one of the Myath's ability and will have 2 Night/Day cycles to complete a condition (predetermined, but changes depending on the abilities they gain) to revive the Myath in one of them. Should they fail, they will die on the beginning of the second Night/Day, depending on when the Myath died.

EDIT: I realized that I forgot to remove some of my notes from earlier, so it's only fair if I acknowledge everyone in the mafia community that ideas are used - UR, Frost, Bb, Itachi, Y-san, Sin, sparrow, someguy, IDNE, PM

Prologue: Fortune?

The Merchant climbed down from the wagon and stretched. Turning around, he ordered his workers to unload the wagon.

Wyrmhaven. A rebuilding city. A rebuilding city with deep coffers.

He smiled. There’s fortune to be made here.

The Baron sighed.

“Like I said, sire, the city’s coffers are being spent too quickly. Although we resumed mining operations last month, the production is not fast enough to compensate for the cost of rebuilding the city,” said the Financial Advisor, “If this continues, the coffers will not last another month.”

The Baron stood up and walked to the window overlooking the city. Looking out, he took a deep breath and turned to his advisors.

“The pace of rebuilding the city will not be compromised because of this. There are many citizens who don’t have shelter and our trade will suffer if we don’t have the basic infrastructure up. That will put us in a worse condition. You have a week to find more ways to increase our coffers. If there are no alternatives, then we will sell some of our treasures,” said the Baron with a tone of finality.

“I understand, Baron,” the Financial Advisor nodded.

“Let us move on to the next item then,” said the Baron

The Inn’s door swung open.

Four friends, the Defender, Healer, Innkeeper and Priest, turned around. It was too early for people to start flocking to the Inn, especially in these times. They found the Barbarian standing in the doorway. Donning clothes of sheepskin and a battleaxe strapped to his back, the Barbarian took a seat by the bar.

“A mug of ale!” the Barbarian said in a deep, highly accented voice.

“What brings you here?” asked the Innkeeper as he set the mug in front of the Barbarian.

“I’m hunting a beast from the lore of my people and I’ve tracked it to the Frostguard Valley. I heard the route to the valley opened again a month ago.”

“You heard right. But it’s dangerous…” the Innkeeper’s sentence was cut short by the Barbarian’s hearty laugh.

“I have the blessings of Thurgra and there is no beast that my axe cannot cleave!” he howled and, in one swift motion, brought the axe down on its side and slammed it onto the bar. The building shook.

The remaining three friends stared at the Barbarian with newfound respect.

“Oh my!” gasped the Priest pointing at the blade of the axe, “Runes! Crudely drawn but powerful magic nonetheless. May I?”

The Barbarian hesitantly passed the axe to the Priest.

“Ah! Runes of protection and destruction. Weaved together by …” the Priest went on, adding his own signature runes every now and then to the axe, much to the Barbarian’s dismay.

“There he goes again,” chuckled the Defender at the comical scene.

“There’s no better fortune than having you bunch of misfit as friends,” laughed the Healer.

“Sire! You need to look at this!” the Internal Advisor said as he pushed opened the door to the Advisor’s Chamber.

“What is the matter? As I recall we are done with Internal Affairs,” said the Baron.

“Just look out of the window.”

The Baron turned around and looked down onto the city gates. His eyes widened and he smiled.

“Financial Advisor, I believe the solution we seek is staring us in the face.”

The Diviner sensed a powerful source of energy nearing the city gates. She immediately grabbed her divining necklace and ran down to the city square.

“They found it,” announced the Enchantress by telepathy.

“The Divine Sphere?” replied the Dark Mage.

“Yes.”

“I feel it!” the Copier’s thought seemed to scream out loud, “Its power! It is overwhelming!”

“Yes. Calm down. It will soon be ours,” announced the Silencer, “Our last few months of waiting in disguise were not in vain.”

“My Chaotic friends, let the pendulum swing!” replied the Dark Mage, feeling everyone's eagerness.

The Bricklayer could not believe his eyes. He was standing atop the half finished city gates when he saw the largest soul crystal he had ever seen being hauled towards the city. As the crystal neared the gates, the Bricklayer could feel it pulsating with power. The Bricklayer, one untrained in the magical arts, felt the power seeping through him. He whistled. What a fortunate day.

The Chimeric Myath stared out of its window and saw the soul crystal being dragged to the city square. It smiled. It’s been six months since it ventured out of Frostguard Valley. Hiding its presence, it had amassed a lot of souls. No more hiding, it decided. There was no better time to risk revealing its presence. It was a necessary gamble to obtain such an enormous amount of concentrated power. It could rise to the Sixth, no, maybe Seventh Circle with that power. Yes. No more hiding.

It walked greedily towards the city square. It’s time to make its move.

The Merchant’s eyes widened. He knew now that his decision to make the dangerous journey to Wyrmhaven was a correct one.

The five friends, including the newly found Barbarian, stood outside the Inn to watch the spectacle.

The Priest uttered a prayer in awe of the crystal and said, “I can hear the Gods speaking through the crystal. It is… beautiful.”

The others agreed. It was a sight to behold.

The Diviner stared at the crystal as it was passing her. Her necklace responded and started floating in front of her. She grasped it and felt an immense power flowing through it.

“It is too powerful to be in the hands of mortals like us…”

The Baron walked out of the castle into the city square, flanked by his five advisors.

“I believe this will solve the financial crisis?” he asked the Financial Advisor, mockingly.

“Yes, sire! Yes! It will do more than solve it – we can have enough to sustain Wyrmhaven for centuries! We can begin funding all the academies you wish to build, all the projects. We will be at the forefront of civilization!” he said excitedly.

"Very well. Make the necessary preparations. Have the Development Advisor help you." Both advisors nodded and started discussing the plans for the crystal.

The Baron smiled. It was a relief to have the financial situation settled. But at the back of his mind, the Baron was worried. Fortunes like this are usually accompanied by troubles.

What would this one bring?

Host: scsw

Wyrmhaven's Manifest:

1. GMaster479

2. Magic

3. underground_dan

4. akaslickster

5. Lost in Space

6. twin_bro

7. tpaxatb

8. Derrai

9. crazypainter

10. Riranor

11. Mrs.P

12. ST

13. SG

14. woon

15. music

Night 1 ends earliest in 24 hours (if I receive final confirmation for all actions) - in this case 8PST/11EST/3AM GMT (+/- 1). If not all players have confirmed their participation/actions, Night 1 may end later, maybe 12 - 24 hours depending on whether future cycles will end in reasonable times.

Let the chaos begin.

PS: Roles go out within the next 30 minutes.

Edited by scsw

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope to make this a great mafia for my final mafia here on BD!

Why (again)

Do the HoC player loose BTSC if they become spawned by the Chimera - I guess the Hoc will not be telling anyone they are a man down. But, what about the information they have - is it "forgotten", so to speak?

I'm just tired of the inactivity here, who knows maybe this mafia will change my mind. That or i might just take a long break from BD and stick with mOs.

:(

well I dunno what mOs is. But have fun over there. I like this site because it is so low tech. PPl have tried to get me over to WoW and other places but none of it appeals to me at all.

So the main purpose of this post is to say that I have my role. :thumbsup:

:(

well I dunno what mOs is. But have fun over there. I like this site because it is so low tech. PPl have tried to get me over to WoW and other places but none of it appeals to me at all.

I'm thinking now that i might just take a break and come back to BD later in the year, probably around October, if i am on two mafia sites and school starts in five days i wont be able to focus as much on school. once i find a steady point were i am doing all my work smoothly and balancing out my normal life then i will probably come back to BD.

quick question:

In the RD for the diviner it states, "Should the player be lynched, the role will be revealed."

Am I interpreting this correctly: Should the player whose role was RIDed by the diviner be lynched, the lynched player will survive but his/her role will be revealed. (I'm having trouble with what "the player," "the role," and "protect from intrusion" encompasses.

quick question:

In the RD for the diviner it states, "Should the player be lynched, the role will be revealed."

Am I interpreting this correctly: Should the player whose role was RIDed by the diviner be lynched, the lynched player will survive but his/her role will be revealed. (I'm having trouble with what "the player," "the role," and "protect from intrusion" encompasses.

Should the Diviner RID the player correctly, the player will be protected from all intrusions, including kills, spies, blocks, etc. If the player is lynched, his/her role will be revealed, but will otherwise remain unharmed (by the lynch).

Should the Diviner RID the player correctly, the player will be protected from all intrusions, including kills, spies, blocks, etc. If the player is lynched, his/her role will be revealed, but will otherwise remain unharmed (by the lynch).

eek! So that is great and all that I could be saved by the diviner but then the baddies would know my role as well and be able to RID Kill me! Interesting and tougher...but with more danger there is also more risk..more fun!

eek! So that is great and all that I could be saved by the diviner but then the baddies would know my role as well and be able to RID Kill me! Interesting and tougher...but with more danger there is also more risk..more fun!

indeed there is!

Well, quick scan of the RD looks like the only RID kill ability is through the Myath (pool 4). And only the healer can save from that. And the healer can only save a person once. Blocks always (otherwise) prevail it looks like (rule 1)

Tricky, scsw, tricky. This should be some fun :D

There seem to be many twists and I know others will be ahead of me as usual. Looks interesting so far, hope I can be attentitive, otherwise I'll use my guts to attempt which is bull's eye and which is bull...

There seem to be many twists and I know others will be ahead of me as usual. Looks interesting so far, hope I can be attentitive, otherwise I'll use my guts to attempt which is bull's eye and which is bull...

hmm is that a bit like reading tea leaves, coffee grounds, bones? If so pls think twice b4 you use your guts. Use another's...

Well there may be only one RID kill but there has got to be another Killer out there...lemme go over those rules again.

ok so it is only the innkeper, chimera, and barbarian that have kill abilities. The Hand of Chaos does not. So there are two good killers and one inde killer. What does that mean? How could the hand of chaos win?? wait I will try to answer that on my own.

edit: rewording

Edited by crazypainter

ok so it is only the innkeper, chimera, and barbarian that have kill abilities. The Hand of Chaos does not. So there are two good killers and one inde killer. What does that mean? How could the hand of chaos win?? wait I will try to answer that on my own.

edit: rewording

The Hand of Chaos (HoC) can choose someone to kill every night on top of their actions.

A few other clarifications that have been asked but I think should make public is:

1. Blocks, spying attempts and redirects will not be mentioned in the night post. The players who are blocked will find out that they are blocked, but will not find out who blocked them.

2. Defender/Healer saves will not be mentioned unless there is an actual save.

3. Should the Baron and Merchant meet, it will be made public.

ok I see why I missed it..

The Hand of Chaos

Win if they are the last faction standing. Every night, may choose a member to kill a target player.

:duh:

I was in such a hurry I just read the role descriptions..

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE ***

Blunder! I just reread the OP and I realized (thanks in part to tpaxtb for pointing the Healer saving once out) that I forgot to make a few changes to the role descriptions (changes that I accidentally left out in red):

Defender: Every night, may choose to protect a player. May not target the same player two nights in a row. May target self only once.

Healer: Every night, may choose to heal a player. May not target the same player twice. May target self.

Note: If the Healer has already gone through the player list, and is able to identify to the host the baddies that he wishes not to save, he may then choose any player from the list, but not two nights in a row.

This is what happens when I cut and paste. :dry: The main reason I put this in place is because the goodies have a lot of saving roles, and by limiting the Healer's ability to save, this will allow for more suspense, be it the mafia's target or should a player's role be lynch-revealed and potentially become the Myath's RID target.

Chimeric Myath

Pool 2:

The Myath may choose to infest a player with a parasitic spawn. If paired with a correct RID, the parasite will manifest itself between 1 – 2 nights (random). When the parasite manifests itself, the player will become a Spawn and join the Chimeric Myath as a vanilla and gain BTSC. Any save on the night this is attempted will block this attempt. A save by the healer any night thereafter before the player becomes a spawn will cure the player of the parasite.

Should a spawn die, the Myath may decide to learn the player’s ability, subject to the same restrictions as Pool 1.

The Myath may only have 2 spawns at any given time. If it infects a player while it has 2 spawns, the player will not be affected if at the time of manifestation, the Myath still has its original spawns.

The Myath may now try to RID infect players every night and can no longer tag players with fake parasites. RID Infest may be blocked on even nights.

Sorry guys. I promise that this is the last change I need to make. This should balance the game.

If you have more questions about what is or is not mentioned in the posts, or any ability clarifications, do not hesitate to ask.

I'm so sorry for not coming on earlier!

Bringing up a forgotten question that really ought to be answered:

Do the HoC player loose BTSC if they become spawned by the Chimera - I guess the Hoc will not be telling anyone they are a man down. But, what about the information they have - is it "forgotten", so to speak?

ooo good memory and question ST. Yeah if someone is infected and then saved at a later date, do they remember everything from their infirm days? What happens if they have BTSC with another team??