BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mario Mafia

That...was...the fastest mafia I have ever played :blink: How in the world did the indie get so lucky?!

Anyhow, good game! :P

Was a quick one in the X-men when I stood in after dying N1, then took out PG N2 game shot as the independent. There was shouts of dodgy play and we ran X-men two..

Awesomely lucky win. My Prince deserted me. Well done Music, well done hosts - dare you to do it again.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know, the sequence of events that led up to this and how wacky it actually was.. There were about 35 or 40 or so BTSC messages between me, ST, and MrsP regarding the actions for night 2. (and even a couple from UD before he was lynched)

We had pegged clozo as Yoshi, and had determined to recruit her, even though there was a pretty good risk of DK killing her on night 2. Of course, we didn't think that a GOODIE would go and kill her :) (yes, if she had survived night 2...she would have been OURS bwuahahaha <evil grin> )

We had originally talked about (UD and I before the lynch, and ST, MrsP and I after the lynch) killing CP on N2. In fact up until about 9:30AM this morning, CP was going to be our kill. Then we had a really long discussion (and I had the really baaaad idea) about the pros and cons of leaving CP alone, and killing LIS...that did us all in. Then, at about 11:30 or so, we toyed with the thought about leaving BOTH of them alone, and trying to play them against each other and kill one of our short list DK suspects (I was going to suggest music - which obviously now would have been a good thing). We thought there was a chance of being able to play LIS against CP in the next day's lynch. We suspected LIS was suspicious of CP and thought we could use that.

But...our fate was sealed at 11:40 this morning when we decided LIS more dangerous than CP....(And to find out after the night post...all the while GM was laughing at us behind the behind the scenes because he already knew that if we chose to kill LIS, the game would be over :))

Oh, by the way, the odds of what happened with the DK kill are:

1/3 (odds of Birdo's role actually happening) * 1/9 (the odds of randomly getting Yoshi's role) *

5/24 the odds of Yoshi getting the steal role - that's assuming that if a 6 was rolled there was an equal shot of her choosing from the 4 roles given)

That's 1 in 129.6 - a 0.77% chance of just the rolls of the dice happenning that way.

Multiply that with the odds of rir choosing clozo as his kill target and clozo choosing music as her steal target and you see JUST how lucky music was to win. Music, you got 6 numbers I can play tonight in the lotto??? :)

(At least we baddies rest easy in the knowledge that we had pegged Clozo for who she was <g>)

Oh, by the way, the odds of what happened with the DK kill are:

1/3 (odds of Birdo's role actually happening) * 1/9 (the odds of randomly getting Yoshi's role) *

5/24 the odds of Yoshi getting the steal role - that's assuming that if a 6 was rolled there was an equal shot of her choosing from the 4 roles given)

That's 1 in 129.6 - a 0.77% chance of just the rolls of the dice happenning that way.

Multiply that with the odds of rir choosing clozo as his kill target and clozo choosing music as her steal target and you see JUST how lucky music was to win. Music, you got 6 numbers I can play tonight in the lotto??? :)

(At least we baddies rest easy in the knowledge that we had pegged Clozo for who she was <g>)

Hey, clozo didn't choose music, that was thanks to random.org as well. So that makes it even more impossible! :o

Credit goes to random.org for this being the shortest Mafia

I knew DK had a strong chance in this mafia, just didn't think it was that strong!!

The innocents may have got me in the lynch but that didn't stop their infighting during the night.

Well done Music, you make being an indie look very easy, did it all without lifting a banana skin!

-Has a fit-

I was going to kill Music!!!! If Rir hadn't gone and stolen my role -.-

Ah well.. that was.. short.

And certainly was an interesting night!

i don't choose who i steal from though XD and i ended up choosing you to kill... so many laws of logic and chance... seem to have been bent towards music for a single moment in time...

edit: typos

Edited by Riranor