Question

One is a need, one is a want

You could switch between them to taunt

One is big, seems small

The other, vice versa; maybe caused by a ball

One being roots

While one maybe wanting flutes

If it's a special day, you stand in front of the mirror

And Pride yourself in having one or both (without a shiver)

Both need a nose; sweet or stinky

And maybe like the lizard, one needs to be slinky

Both might make you a big time flouncer

Now solve it and find relation between title and answer.

P.S: answer is easy, relation is hard

it's another answer all together... :D

Edited by EDM

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

YES!!! :lol::lol:

finally!!!! it's solved :D

Thank you all for completing the riddle.... :):D

now I can add more... :D

Yay, that was fun. Wanna give us a break down and tell us how it all fit?

Good thing I got this one, ya know...with the whole homophone thing!

Bass/base?

One is a need, one is a want - basic needs, base desires

You could switch between them to taunt - ?

One is big, seems small - acoustic bass instruments are large, but bass is often the smallest sound in a song

The other, vice versa; maybe caused by a ball - baseball

One being roots - the base of something is the root of something

While one maybe wanting flutes - bass instrument can be accompanied by flutes

And Pride yourself in having one or both (without a shiver) - pride in having caught the fish bass

Both need a nose; sweet or stinky - bass fish are stinky, base?

Both might make you a big time flouncer - bass fish bounce around, base?

Score/score and Cash/catch

One is a need, one is a want - cash is a need, scoring a point or catching a ball is a want

You could switch between them to taunt - mock somebody by throwing cash in their face, making them try to catch it

One is big, seems small - cash seems small, but bundles of cash are actually hard to transport because they're so dense

The other, vice versa; maybe caused by a ball - score or catch caused by a ball

One being roots - cash is the root to all evil

While one maybe wanting flutes - score music wise could include flutes

And Pride yourself in having one or both (without a shiver) - cash, and scoring points, are things to be proud of having/having done

Both need a nose; sweet or stinky - you can smell catches, as in catching fish, and wind instruments in a score need noses to breathe, to make sweet sound

Both might make you a big time flouncer - pride from having cash, flouncing of a fish catch, dancing from a score

One for all and all for one - refers to three musketeers, and the answer to this riddle has three parts (score, cash, catch)

so no one understands the relation between title and answer??? oh well......

you need feet, you want to perform a feat......and people can taunt you if you don't have feet or if you don't perform the feat.. :D

One is big, seems small

big feet, we don't really care about them much......but performing a feat is actually a simple competition and we hype it up... :D

One being roots

feet = our 'roots'........after winning a feat / competition.....we may want flutes to be played for us as victory music.... :D

in front of the mirror, we may be grateful and proud of achieving a feat or just having feet....or both... :D

feat = victory smells sweet........feet = smells stinky.......slinky [stealthy] - you need feet and you are performing a feat

Both might make you a big time flouncer ................you might overdo things and start to flounce...

Now solve it and find relation between title and answer. .............one pair of feet for all feats...and all feats performed by one pair of feet!!! :D:D

{of course, this is not always true, but it's a general thing.....}

Bass/base?

One is a need, one is a want - basic needs, base desires

You could switch between them to taunt - ?

One is big, seems small - acoustic bass instruments are large, but bass is often the smallest sound in a song

The other, vice versa; maybe caused by a ball - baseball

One being roots - the base of something is the root of something

While one maybe wanting flutes - bass instrument can be accompanied by flutes

And Pride yourself in having one or both (without a shiver) - pride in having caught the fish bass

Both need a nose; sweet or stinky - bass fish are stinky, base?

Both might make you a big time flouncer - bass fish bounce around, base?

Score/score and Cash/catch

One is a need, one is a want - cash is a need, scoring a point or catching a ball is a want

You could switch between them to taunt - mock somebody by throwing cash in their face, making them try to catch it

One is big, seems small - cash seems small, but bundles of cash are actually hard to transport because they're so dense

The other, vice versa; maybe caused by a ball - score or catch caused by a ball

One being roots - cash is the root to all evil

While one maybe wanting flutes - score music wise could include flutes

And Pride yourself in having one or both (without a shiver) - cash, and scoring points, are things to be proud of having/having done

Both need a nose; sweet or stinky - you can smell catches, as in catching fish, and wind instruments in a score need noses to breathe, to make sweet sound

Both might make you a big time flouncer - pride from having cash, flouncing of a fish catch, dancing from a score

One for all and all for one - refers to three musketeers, and the answer to this riddle has three parts (score, cash, catch)

sorry DN.....MrsP beat you to the answer........but interesting guesses.... :DB))

Apologies if this comes off as rude, but, well, hopefully the criticism will be constructive rather than destructive.

Frankly... I think your answer is too much of a stretch (even more than my last answer).

Your wording makes it sound like the possessor of the answers can use the answers in conjunction in order to taunt somebody else. This is not the case at all

One is big, seems small

Feet can be small or big, and feats can be small or big. Plus, what's the ball thing?

One being roots

I think drum snap or trumpets would've been more fitting for a victory tune - but English has its limitations, and you cna't always find the right rhyme. The roots thing is interesting.

Since when does anybody stand in front of a mirror, proud of having feet? (unless it's somebody who lost their feet and gained them back via prosthetics) On the other hand, it fits "feat" perfectly.

This line was brilliant. <3 the "victory smells sweet" part.

Both might make you a big time flouncer ................Works well

Now solve it and find relation between title and answer. .............um... interesting

Definitely creative, and fun to try to solve. =) GJ to MrsP for getting it. Again, hope that wasn't too rude... I just had to get my complaints off my chest. =/

EDIT: I'ma check out your next one fer sure!

Edited by DarthNoob

Apologies if this comes off as rude, but, well, hopefully the criticism will be constructive rather than destructive.

Frankly... I think your answer is too much of a stretch (even more than my last answer).

Your wording makes it sound like the possessor of the answers can use the answers in conjunction in order to taunt somebody else. This is not the case at all

One is big, seems small

Feet can be small or big, and feats can be small or big. Plus, what's the ball thing?

One being roots

I think drum snap or trumpets would've been more fitting for a victory tune - but English has its limitations, and you cna't always find the right rhyme. The roots thing is interesting.

Since when does anybody stand in front of a mirror, proud of having feet? (unless it's somebody who lost their feet and gained them back via prosthetics) On the other hand, it fits "feat" perfectly.

This line was brilliant. <3 the "victory smells sweet" part.

Both might make you a big time flouncer ................Works well

Now solve it and find relation between title and answer. .............um... interesting

Definitely creative, and fun to try to solve. =) GJ to MrsP for getting it. Again, hope that wasn't too rude... I just had to get my complaints off my chest. =/

EDIT: I'ma check out your next one fer sure!

first of all let me say that i found it very constructive criticism.....thank you for telling me...i was not offended and I understand what you are saying perfectly... :D

secondly....the ball part was about athletics and bravery.....different feats (even in basketball). it was more like a clue for sports which needs skill and so pointing towards feats (or atleast competition)

the taunting part and the mirror part is to show that people can be insensitive to others who are not that daring or who are disabled (without feet) and those who do care are always thankful that they can accomplish feats or that they are able to move freely (this also applies to the 'gaining legs back' part)

thirdly.....I'm happy you found this riddle fun. I hope to make even more confusing riddles in the future........ :D:P