BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Silent Hill Mafia Sign up and Game Thread

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see you go so soon, especially in your first mafia, tpaxatb :( I hope to see you in another mafia!

Well, at least Travis and Rose have BTSC now :) Some things I wanted to point out:

1) What tends to happen in first day lynches is everyone votes for random people (lack of info), ending up with almost everyone having one or two votes on them. But now we have Margaret, so we probably want to go for a different approach and put pressure on a few specific people instead of going all random? This, unfortunately, may end up leading to a goodie revealing himself far too soon into the game.

2) Thank-you Alex for skipping your action last night, but as Rir said, you can't skip an action two nights in a row. So this led to some thoughts (that may be stupid :P ):

A - Should James reveal himself? This prevents Alex from killing him, the baddies might not attempt to kill him, and we learn a goodie ID. Bad thing, the baddies wouldn't go for him and would instead go for more important goodies (although it also helps to eliminate who the doctors should save)

B - Should Maria reveal herself? This helps Alex's case since he doesn't have to go random (can choose Maria, knowing for sure he didn't kill a fellow goodie). We once again learn a goodie ID and the baddies won't kill him. Bad side is the same as the previous one.

Sorry to see you go so soon, especially in your first mafia, tpaxatb :( I hope to see you in another mafia!

Well, at least Travis and Rose have BTSC now :) Some things I wanted to point out:

1) What tends to happen in first day lynches is everyone votes for random people (lack of info), ending up with almost everyone having one or two votes on them. But now we have Margaret, so we probably want to go for a different approach and put pressure on a few specific people instead of going all random? This, unfortunately, may end up leading to a goodie revealing himself far too soon into the game.

2) Thank-you Alex for skipping your action last night, but as Rir said, you can't skip an action two nights in a row. So this led to some thoughts (that may be stupid :P ):

A - Should James reveal himself? This prevents Alex from killing him, the baddies might not attempt to kill him, and we learn a goodie ID. Bad thing, the baddies wouldn't go for him and would instead go for more important goodies (although it also helps to eliminate who the doctors should save)

B - Should Maria reveal herself? This helps Alex's case since he doesn't have to go random (can choose Maria, knowing for sure he didn't kill a fellow goodie). We once again learn a goodie ID and the baddies won't kill him. Bad side is the same as the previous one.

The problem with this is (like you said) the baddies will know who not to kill. I think James would be a very good person for the baddies to accidentally target. :thumbsup:

The problem with this is (like you said) the baddies will know who not to kill. I think James would be a very good person for the baddies to accidentally target. :thumbsup:

Thanks for commenting :D But Alex is also at risk of targetting James, causing us to lose two goodies as well as our only killer. Or maybe Maria should be the only one to reveal herself so Alex can use her tonight if he doesn't have enough baddie info?

The saving roles could change the hole to reveal or not reval thing

Still don't know what you mean... :blush:

1) Indeed, I've seen this unfold form both a host's and a players' perspective. It has a slight chance of hurting the Order especially if we can lynch Dahlia. Unfortunately Lynching and/or killing her is going to be hard as Harry wont be able to identify her.

(Rir: if Harry checks Dahlia twice will it show as the same goodie or is it randomized both times?)

2) Agreed, thank you.

A - This route seems to be a solid one. As We have the majority vote over The Order so they wouldn't be able to lynch him and Alex wont kill him. However, we run into the issue with multiple people trying to come out as James. This will most definitely cause as much of a headache as the "Tank" Imposter did in Matrix 3. Also it';ll cause problems because Harry cant check more than one a night.

B - Same issues as stated before. However, there's a better chance of this being successful. If, say two, people come out as maria Harry should check one and Alex should go after the other. It is unwise to claim this role as this si the most logical target for Alex until baddies have been revealed. Also we can learn more from this. Any goodie who is not Maria would not logically claim to be Maria. Therefor if Harry checks a supposed candidate and it appears as a different goodie, then BINGO, we;ve gout our Dahlia and Our next lynch and/or target for Alex.

edit:(Rir: if Alex Targets Maria will it show as Alex targeting (player) or Alex targeting Maria)

You did not factor saves in to it

She sort of did (see green highlight)

Edited by Impervious

Rose DaSilva: as a mother she is protective thus she will protect someone *save someone every night* every time in the Otherworld *can get BTSC with Travis if he saves the same person*

Travis Grady: as a trucker he has a big rig that he can hide a goodie and protect *save someone every odd night* them while in the Otherworld *can get BTSC with Rose if she saves the same person*

You get it now? The saving role could affect the out come if James of Maria revaled themselves.

1.Impervious

2. Clozo

3. Gmaster479

4. ST

5. Joelman Voting for GMaster479

6. ML95 Voting for Limey

7. Limey voting for Clozo

8. Derrai

9. Magic_luver

10. tpaxatb [DEAD Otherworld 1]

11. underground_dan

Hmm... I think that for now I would like to keep it even until ether some more evidence comes out or a baddie makes some sort of slip up. but as for now, I have yet to have any leads.

Edited by Joelman

2) Agreed, thank you.

A - This route seems to be a solid one. As We have the majority vote over The Order so they wouldn't be able to lynch him and Alex wont kill him. However, we run into the issue with multiple people trying to come out as James. This will most definitely cause as much of a headache as the "Tank" Imposter did in Matrix 3. Also it';ll cause problems because Harry cant check more than one a night.

I knew I missed something :dry: Seems like James should probably keep quiet then, since it seems to benefit the mafia more than us.

B - Same issues as stated before. However, there's a better chance of this being successful. If, say two, people come out as maria Harry should check one and Alex should go after the other. It is unwise to claim this role as this si the most logical target for Alex until baddies have been revealed. Also we can learn more from this. Any goodie who is not Maria would not logically claim to be Maria. Therefor if Harry checks a supposed candidate and it appears as a different goodie, then BINGO, we;ve gout our Dahlia and Our next lynch and/or target for Alex.

This definitely sounds like a better plan for the goodies. So, should we hold a vote or something? (although out of the few active players, 3 people already seems for it)

1.Impervious voting for Magic_luver

2. Clozo

3. Gmaster479

4. ST

5. Joelman Voting for GMaster479

6. ML95 Voting for Limey

7. Limey voting for Clozo

8. Derrai

9. Magic_luver

11. underground_dan

fixed colors, and added my vote

I think having four players on here that need to speak is sufficient enough. unless all four can prove their innocence

edit: typo

sidenote: Ok guys I'm off for a few hours I need to work on my book.

Edited by Impervious

I think having for players on here that need to speak is sufficient enough. unless all four can prove their innocence

Sounds good to me.

2. Clozo

3. Gmaster479

4. ST - voting for Clozo

5. Joelman - voting for GMaster479

6. ML95 - voting for Limey

7. Limey - voting for Clozo

8. Derrai

9. Magic_luver

11. underground_dan

edit: changed vote

Edited by star_tiger

I don't know but we still have time to change any votes so I'm going with he pressure until we decide otherwise

2. Clozo

3. Gmaster479

4. ST - voting for Clozo

6. music_luvr - voting for Clozo

8. Derrai

9. Magic_luver

11. underground_dan

In his slight absense:

(Rir: if Harry checks Dahlia twice will it show as the same goodie or is it randomized both times?)

It will be randomized both times, but she still might have the chance of appearing as the same goodie :3

edit:(Rir: if Alex Targets Maria will it show as Alex targeting (player) or Alex targeting Maria)

It will show Alex targetting Maria.

<(^-^)>

2. Clozo

3. Gmaster479

4. ST - voting for Clozo

6. music_luvr - voting for Clozo

8. Derrai

9. Magic_luver - voting For Derrai

11. underground_dan

I want to here somthing from him. Anything the only post of Derrai's I could find was sing-up. He is the only one who has not posted anything. Bening inactive does not heelp the game people!

Edit: there was one other post

Edited by Magic_luver101

How much time left in the Fog World do we have? :huh:

Well, it's usually 24 hours after the night post, so about 16 hours left? That should leave plenty of time to go through suspects :P Still waiting for Clozo to come on though :dry:

Ok I was waiting for clozo to come on but I need to go to bed so good night to all and I hope you guys lynch the right person brcause I will be back at 4:00 pm after the end of the day :(