Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

Wow, it doesn't look like this has been done yet. Personally I can't believe it's original but here goes anyway. Get your heads round this, o ye of little else to do!

It's a sequence of numbers. It continues indefinitely.
The first six numbers are:
2, 5, 5, 4, 5, 6...

Once you get the sequence you should be able to tell me any number in the sequence. For example the 10th number would be 8, the 28th number would be 12. And so on.
What would the 100th number be?

Spoiler for Hint:

#2 coffee.lady

coffee.lady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

2, 5, 5, 4, 5, 6...

Once you get the sequence you should be able to tell me any number in the sequence. For example the 10th number would be 8, the 28th number would be 12. And so on.

I realize that those eight numbers should be enough for me to recognize a pattern, but I'm not seeing it yet... I'm very frustrated.

#3 GIJeff

GIJeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:57 AM

Wow, it doesn't look like this has been done yet. Personally I can't believe it's original but here goes anyway. Get your heads round this, o ye of little else to do!

2, 5, 5, 4, 5, 6...

Spoiler for Hint:

Spoiler for Hint

Spoiler for Solution

#4 octopuppy

octopuppy

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

Spoiler for Hint

Spoiler for Solution

Nice one GIJeff. I guess no hint is required!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users