Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Forum Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:34 AM

Based on my observations, people can upvote or downvote individual posts, which retain their own reputations. Then the total reputation score for a person is the sum of all of the post's scores and is shown on their profile page. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Edit: Sorry, where will it say on on the profile page? Does anyone know? Also - are hyperlinks and stuff like that the same? Is it still the same, as for marking a riddle as Solved? Does all of that work the same?

Edited by MrsP, 04 July 2009 - 05:37 AM.

#22 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

Hey Rookie, if someone doesn't any comments on their page, how do you post a new comment? o.O I can't find the button Posted Image

<(^-^)>

If member has not allowed comments on his/her profile than you can not comment there.
The comments can be allowed in "My Settings - Profile - Change Profile Information - Enable Profile Comments"

Is the "Reputation" for the user, or for the riddle/post itself? I am just not quite sure how it works. I had accidentally clicked it on someone when it first was up on the 2nd, before it shut down for a good while. I went back and looked just barely and it now says "1" on his, but there is a comment left by him under that one and it is "0" so that leads me to believe it is just per comment/post.

Oh, and great job Rookie! I think it is going to take a bit of getting used to, but it is fabulous ;)

Reputation is per comment and it adds to the total reputation of user. Negative points lower the total reputation of user. Just like Frost wrote.

Edit: Sorry, where will it say on on the profile page? Does anyone know? Also - are hyperlinks and stuff like that the same? Is it still the same, as for marking a riddle as Solved? Does all of that work the same?

Everything should work normally.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#23 seeksit

seeksit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Rookie, look at your profile page. The "My Information" box in the center near the top has the information all bunched at the top and not connected with the bold headings at left. All the other profile pages (mine included) seem to have the same problem.

Otherwise, it will take some adjusting, but looks good.

Edit to add: The "Contact Info" box (email/web site) to the right of the "My Info" box has the same problem.

Edited by seeksit, 04 July 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#24 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:14 PM

I see what you mean. This seems to be an issue with MS Internet Explorer only (what a surprise).

Of course, Firefox and Chrome display those data properly.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#25 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

2 things.

1- Sorry about earlier Rookie, I was just testing it to see what the rankings were, plus I figured they were still fair to the players that have them.

2- Do you think there's any way we could get an option where the thread starter has infinite editing time? This would be particularly important/fantastic to have in the games forum because it would allow the host to make necessary changes. I don't know if the new upgrade would make something like that easy to apply or not. But I wanted to ask anyways. ^_^

#26 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Wow, rookie, these conversations are awesome! BB and I have just been testing them out, and they're great! It's like a separate forum for just a select few people. They would be perfect for BTSC forums for playing Mafia...and you don't need any permissions to make them. Not only that, they only take up the space of one message, so you use up little space in your inbox but can still have tons of messages in there! Ok, I think I've said enough...though they are really cool. :D

Oh yeah, go Chrome! :P

Edited by Frost, 04 July 2009 - 09:17 PM.

#27 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3698 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hm... there's a problem besides the TOP button (yeah... I can press Home but then I have to lift my hand of the mouse :rolleyes: ) anywho... when I go to the "search members posts" and I want to get to a particular post I can't, cause there's no link to it :huh: and when I get a reply notification and I click on the link, it takes me to the OP not to the last post that I didn't read, oh yeah and there's no last unread post link!

I'll look around and then complain some more :P

Me and my multiple personalities are a tough crowd! :lol:

EDIT: Uhhh! I like the EDIT button!!! :D Works super fast!

Edited by andromeda, 04 July 2009 - 09:53 PM.

#28 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

How do we find out that we have a PM?

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#29 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

How do we find out that we have a PM?

top right hand corner - messenger

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#30 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

Is there a way you can find out what post give you a reputation?
i have a Reputation of 4 but it says Neutral when does it stop being Neutral?

Edited by Magic_luver101, 05 July 2009 - 11:20 PM.

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users