Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Forum Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#11 Gmaster479

Gmaster479

I'm a G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2164 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

Rookie, great job with the changes. It might get some getting used to but I love the reputation thing and the PC's (personal conversation, not to be confused with the personal computer), and the full editor coming up for the fast reply

Did you have to shut it down for that whole time?

#12 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

I think it looks great! There are certainly a lot of changes...It'll be hard to get used to calling them PCs instead of PMs. :P

I'm curious as to how the reputation system will work though...what causes a change in reputation points?

Your vote (+ or -) changes the reputation points. BTW, I have given you 1 testing positive point ;) I am curious about the reputation as well. Fair approach from active majority is required.

Where's the TOP button, I'm too lazy to scroll?! :huh:

I'll get back to you on rest of the stuff when I get used to this ;)

Interesting how people used to interact with BD - TOP button. I clicked it maybe twice :lol: . Maybe trying "Home" on your keyboard might fill the hole ;)

Did you have to shut it down for that whole time?

Yes, I worked on the tuning day and night (literally).

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#13 James8421

James8421

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

I like it..so modern looking...just like when pepsi and mt. dew change their styles, the old is forgotten in about a week

#14 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

Your vote (+ or -) changes the reputation points. BTW, I have given you 1 testing positive point ;) I am curious about the reputation as well. Fair approach from active majority is required.

Oh, now I see...I hadn't noticed the +/- in the bottom right. That's cool, thanks. :D

#15 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:43 AM

I do not see my post is that normal? mine just opned up.

Edited by Magic_luver101, 04 July 2009 - 01:45 AM.

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#16 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

I do not see my post is that normal? mine just opned up.

The board might be upgraded but I am still the same - I delete off topic posts (just like the yours you are asking about).

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#17 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

The board might be upgraded but I am still the same - I delete off topic posts (just like the yours you are asking about).

I could not see any of mine but i fiurged it out my comp was just being stuped. Sorry for the off topic post! The invite opption will be grate with BTSC in Mafia i love it makes are lives easer.

Edited by Magic_luver101, 04 July 2009 - 01:55 AM.

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#18 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:03 AM

Hey Rookie, if someone doesn't any comments on their page, how do you post a new comment? o.O I can't find the button Posted Image

<(^-^)>

#19 MrsP

MrsP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

Is the "Reputation" for the user, or for the riddle/post itself? I am just not quite sure how it works. I had accidentally clicked it on someone when it first was up on the 2nd, before it shut down for a good while. I went back and looked just barely and it now says "1" on his, but there is a comment left by him under that one and it is "0" so that leads me to believe it is just per comment/post.

Oh, and great job Rookie! I think it is going to take a bit of getting used to, but it is fabulous ;)

#20 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

Is the "Reputation" for the user, or for the riddle/post itself? I am just not quite sure how it works. I had accidentally clicked it on someone when it first was up on the 2nd, before it shut down for a good while. I went back and looked just barely and it now says "1" on his, but there is a comment left by him under that one and it is "0" so that leads me to believe it is just per comment/post.

Based on my observations, people can upvote or downvote individual posts, which retain their own reputations. Then the total reputation score for a person is the sum of all of the post's scores and is shown on their profile page. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users