BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

plasmid

Question

Under READ BEFORE POSTING, the new part, step 4, should have {/url} at the end instead of just {url}

For both math/logic (http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?act=SR&f=7) and word riddles (http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?act=SR&f=35)

You are right. Well spotted. I have corrected that.

Clever workaround.

Regarding rating the riddle after it is solved (question raised by andromeda in the companion thread here that is locked):

Rating could be done in the poll as a second question, no? Just offer a set of choices from 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 and let the viewers vote. It would be up to the thread starters to offer a standardized rating system.

Rating within poll can be done, however, I do not advise to do that since it might get confusing. Some people doing it, some not, each giving different range (rating options). The star rating should work the same way as poll so the poll can be used and abused the same way as the star rating.

The star rating should work the same way as poll so the poll can be used and abused the same way as the star rating.

Yeah... but in poll rating at least we would be able to see the marks and how many people voted and we could just use the stars:

Simple as that ;)

Yeah... but in poll rating at least we would be able to see the marks and how many people voted and we could just use the stars:

Simple as that ;)

I still think that creating poll manually by topic starter and manually entering the stars just to give an overview of how many users chose just 1 star is too much to ask from topic starters. The current rating system enables the total count and average as well. The topic starter should have as few mandatory steps as possible. Keep it simple.

There might be a "Solved" button later (I am just investigating with other forum admin).

I guess I am having problems. Maybe I just shouldn't try to post the url with the link. It is the 2nd time I have not been able to do it. Could you look at it and tell me what I am doing wrong rookie1ja? Thanks.

http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?showto...mp;#entry179231 that's where it is

Just missing the [url= at the beginning. Needs to have the "url=" between the opening bracket and the address.

If you like, when you're writing your response, you can click the button in the top of the editor window that is right under the Fonts selection box -- it has a little green plus with a strange looking green thing behind it and will say "Insert link" if you hold the mouse over it -- and use that dialog box to make the editor set up all the url tags and such in the message window. Then copy and paste it into the poll title. Or just not mess with linking, either way.

Just missing the [url= at the beginning. Needs to have the "url=" between the opening bracket and the address.

If you like, when you're writing your response, you can click the button in the top of the editor window that is right under the Fonts selection box -- it has a little green plus with a strange looking green thing behind it and will say "Insert link" if you hold the mouse over it -- and use that dialog box to make the editor set up all the url tags and such in the message window. Then copy and paste it into the poll title. Or just not mess with linking, either way.

Thanks plasmid. I guess I will try it one more time, and if i mess it up again I will just forget it!