Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6126 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

No doubt here, people: I'm not food savvy, could never be a gourmet. Give me bread in my cupboard and steak on my plate! Sushi sets me on edge - it's fish bait! Broil me two salmon instead. Indict me if you will for a recent faux pas. At the Indonesian restaurant I coughed up my rijstafel and sent a debris of rice to the floor. Aye, and you know they run a tight ship there! For all I've been through, I'd write me a column - but I'm not great with words, either. I'm rescued often by mnemonic aids for Worsecter, halfpenny, rendezvous and others. But one task I've almost completed: I'll finish it now.
Question: Why is it so noisy at Wimbledon? Answer: you can't play there without raising a racquet! ;)

Now ... what have I done? i.e. what is special about the paragraph above?

Vidi vici veni.

#2 Jkyle1980

Jkyle1980

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

Are the tennis question and answer included in the paragraph we are supposed to be analyzing?

#3 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

I'm gonna to color this:

No doubt here, people: I'm not food savvy, could never be a gourmet. Give me bread in my cupboard and steak on my plate! Sushi sets me on edge - it's fish bait! Broil me two salmon instead. Indict me if you will for a recent faux pas. At the Indonesian restaurant I coughed up my rijstafel and sent a debris of rice to the floor. Aye, and you know they run a tight ship there! For all I've been through, I'd write me a column - but I'm not great with words, either. I'm rescued often by mnemonic aids for Worsecter, halfpenny, rendezvous and others. But one task I've almost completed: I'll finish it now.
Question: Why is it so noisy at Wimbledon? Answer: you can't play there without raising a racquet!

Now ... what have I done? i.e. what is special about the paragraph above?

So where are we analyzing up to inside the paragraph? Red? Red and green? Red, green and cyan? or all of your post (red, green, cyan, blue)?

#4 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6126 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:47 AM

First let me say Go Giants!

That done, it's the paragraph - red, green and cyan.

Have fun.

Vidi vici veni.

#5 Jkyle1980

Jkyle1980

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:48 AM

Spoiler for ????

#6 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6126 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

Spoiler for ????

Not bad, and your answer fits the idea of my appending a question to complete the puzzle.
It's more detailed than that, tho.

If may be helpful for you to know that I tried to do what I did in as few sentences as I could.
And again, it happens at a finer than sentence level.

Vidi vici veni.

#7 Jkyle1980

Jkyle1980

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

Spoiler for You use...

#8 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6126 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

If you state what is special about the paragraph, "every letter" will appear in the description.
But it's not "every letter appears"; it's something else.

Vidi vici veni.

#9 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

is it one word after 'every letter' or multiple words, like "every letter bla bla and bla bla and bla bla or bla bla which is bla bla"?

#10 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6126 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

"This paragraph uses every letter of the alphabet in such a way that ... blah blah blah."

Vidi vici veni.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users