BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

High School Mafia

Gmaster479

C'mon guys! This game is only as good as the people who participate and so far I can count on one hand the people actually trying to make this work. They all happen to be Mafia veterans too. You young players need to speak up! Point fingers, make guesses, hint as to who you are so the Students can start working together. DO SOMETHING.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as Mekal has not made an apperance I am guessing he is not the vandal, but someone who has just come into play overnight is. In the interest of getting people talking I am going to poke an anthill and see what comes out. If Joes Student can commit to coming under my crosshairs if he is wrong I'll change this in the mean time Clozobozo can you please defend yourself? (here is your opportunity to get involved)

School Administrators: Gmaster479 and scsw

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully voting for Prof. T

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze voting for Clozobozo

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator (suspended by 'The Snitch')

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin - voting for Prof. T

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

18. JS

19. GC

At this point I am very much inclined to believe JS' innocence. His accusation that PT is a Hooligan may be true but I am sorry if I have missed something. As far as I can see, there is no way JS could know for a fact that PT is the Snitch or even a Hooligan. And SD after stating that he almost knew your role(same here), also voted for PT saying that he too knew PT to be a Hooligan. Please enlighten me on this. Because I have a feeling that otherwise this could be another one of those classic goodie Vs. goodie accusations. I hope you guys have not reached the conclusion that PT is the Snitch, since the Snitch didn't act last night. As you guys know, this has been a typical Mafia trick which has not been effective most of the times. And the Bullies this game have seem to have adopted this trick but unfortunately for them it may have become ineffective yet again.

But of course, if there's a more solid reasoning, I am all ears or in this case all eyes. :P Till then, I am holding back my vote and try to find out the missing piece, if there's one.

P.S. I am tempted to vote for the inactives but it's just our luck that most of the times they are the goodies.

I just want to point out that just because the Bully blocked the Professor, it doesn't mean that the Professor is a Student. Remember, hooligans can target each other and an otherwise harmless block the night after that much suspicion was cast upon him would seemingly clear his name. I am not sold, however. In fact, my suspicions are aroused even further. If the hooligans thought you were a threat Professor, why not just elect to have you suspended? Further, you were also targeted by the Students with a block, so at least one Student thinks you're bad. There were too many unmentioned roles last night to deduce who you are by process of elimination.

I have to really say this even if I am supporting the Prof. here who might be a Hooligan. First of all the Hooligans couldn't have thought the Prof. to be a threat, in fact he is an asset to them. So why waste a suspension on PT? He is the prime target for the next days' lynch. To make things interesting, let's have a different view of things: Let's assume that PT is not a Bully.

1. Bully blocks PT.

2. Snitch doesn't act.

3. Vandal's message.

4. Suspend JS.

Looking at these moves differently, we can also say that looks like a frame-up job. Seeing that JS is accusing PT, the Hooligans come up with a plan. They decide that PT should be framed as the Snitch. They chalk out an action plan. Bully blocks PT, Snitch remains quiet, target JS for suspension. They get rid of JS and also put up a non-bully for the lynch. All I am saying is this scenario is also very much possible. Mafia is a beauty, ain't it? :P But if I have concrete evidence, I will change my vote to PT.

And yeah, JS I like disagreeing with you. :P On that note, Ireland lost to India yesterday but both the teams qualified for the next round. :D

Souunds like theres a good chance he could be a baddie. I'm still getting used to the game so soz if im not much help. I'll change my vote if anyone has said anything that could be of help and if i can get on before n3 (stupid dif. timezone)

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully voting for Prof. T

7. Eeeeep voting for Prof. T

8. Mekal

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

18. JS

19. GC

And yeah, JS I like disagreeing with you. :P On that note, Ireland lost to India yesterday but both the teams qualified for the next round. :D

We were whipped, so a great result :P.

As for PT guys: He is the Snitch. It's not a case of me making a guess, that's who he is. I am 100% on this.

Edit: added smiley.

Edited by Joe's Student

And with that...

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully - voting for Prof. T

7. Eeeeep - voting for Prof. T

8. Mekal

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

18. JS - voting for Prof. T

19. GC

1. Clozobozo - voting for Prof. T

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

8. Mekal

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

19. GC

hmm im going to trust you on this one JS, your reasoning makes more sense to me.

I will still defend myself just for you Phaze as i have nothing to hide.

I did not act last night due to my internet crashing just as i was getting around to it( :dry: ) I am not the Snitch however. My action would of had no effect to the night post.

ALSO GC...

I was looking back over the roles and abilities and The Snitch's action does not get posted in the night post. It could of just seemed he/she did not act when they did behind the scenes.

Professor, why did the Hooligans block you? If they thought you were a threat, they could have suspended you. But they left you alive and did so in a manner that makes you look like anything but a Hooligan. Care to comment? Had you not been double blocked last night, what would you have been doing?

See all the votes up there that have my name on them? That's a good reason. I would think another reason they chose me for a block is that I've been actively trying to reason out their actions. A block would keep me contained until they figure out who I am, exactly, and decide what to do.

Souunds like theres a good chance he could be a baddie. I'm still getting used to the game so soz if im not much help. I'll change my vote if anyone has said anything that could be of help and if i can get on before n3 (stupid dif. timezone)

Where is this "good chance"? Classic band-wagoneer.

As for PT guys: He is the Snitch. It's not a case of me making a guess, that's who he is. I am 100% on this.

You are definitely making a guess. You're making the assumption that I'm a Hooligan. Based off that, I can't be the Bully or the Vandal because they acted last night. The Snitch may have also, but we won't know. I can't be the Rich Kid because of how the votes were on day one. A vote change You asked for and I complied with. So that only leaves one Hooligan that fits your preconcieved portrait. You are making a mistake that I urge you to reconsider.

I'll wait until later in the day and I'll be forced to give out my true role in an attempt to save myself. If I manage to live after that, I'm sure I'll be RIDed by the independants and maybe suspended. Good luck goodies. You're gonna need it if you keep along this line.

1.) JS I'm 95% sure I know who you are. Without giving too much away, give me a hint . If I'm right, then we are in business and can start making a positive impact for the Students.

I find this all incredibly suspicious. How can JS give out a hint that only you understand? This is mafia: we use logic to retrieve the truth. Not just JS, we all do. And in this specific case you asked him to roleclaim, more or less, making him an easy target for the NK. You've compromised the safety of the town.

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

8. Mekal

10. Amberrock voting for Social Darwin

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

19. GC

YA YA the quots are out of order I know

C'mon guys! This game is only as good as the people who participate and so far I can count on one hand the people actually trying to make this work. They all happen to be Mafia veterans too. You young players need to speak up! Point fingers, make guesses, hint as to who you are so the Students can start working together. DO SOMETHING.

True the othere that are new to mafia have not been on a lot but I was the first day the only reason I have not been on resently waas because I had my Graduation Dance last night and finles all this week. this weekend I will be one more on that note let me begin.

Professor, why did the Hooligans block you? If they thought you were a threat, they could have suspended you. But they left you alive and did so in a manner that makes you look like anything but a Hooligan. Care to comment? Had you not been double blocked last night, what would you have been doing?

To revisit - what was andro doing in the Principle's office N1? And nothing from her last night, presumably. Although she could have acted as either of those Hooligans.

Now Im new to this game but the Hooligans move makes sence to me. To me it seem like JS is just wildly accusing people. Now that can work to their advantage until he hits to close to home or if he is one of them witch i dont belive is the case after tonoght unless that is a very elaborit ruse. With his wild acutions amed at PT they are safe and last night they wanted to get rid of JS before he got to close to home and they also set up what appers to me an insoint student to be lynched there fore killing two students or independences with one stone. After witch the woulh remain in the back drop with two less players and one one pointing fingers right then.

I have to really say this even if I am supporting the Prof. here who might be a Hooligan. First of all the Hooligans couldn't have thought the Prof. to be a threat, in fact he is an asset to them. So why waste a suspension on PT? He is the prime target for the next days' lynch. To make things interesting, let's have a different view of things: Let's assume that PT is not a Bully.

1. Bully blocks PT.

2. Snitch doesn't act.

3. Vandal's message.

4. Suspend JS.

Looking at these moves differently, we can also say that looks like a frame-up job. Seeing that JS is accusing PT, the Hooligans come up with a plan. They decide that PT should be framed as the Snitch. They chalk out an action plan. Bully blocks PT, Snitch remains quiet, target JS for suspension. They get rid of JS and also put up a non-bully for the lynch. All I am saying is this scenario is also very much possible. Mafia is a beauty, ain't it? :P But if I have concrete evidence, I will change my vote to PT.

I agree with that for them getting rid of pt to day would be easy after what happned to lase night i think one of the quite people maybe a baddy and plus did Mekal ever defend himself? NO and I find that more consering then anything.

We were whipped, so a great result :P .

Edit: added smiley.

I am inclined to believe you are right, JS. But I still cannot understand how you can be 100% sure. I have gone through your possible actions again and again, but I simply don't see it. I have to be seriously missing something here. :huh: I will put in my vote for PT if I have no other choice, but I am not voting now due to the timezone thing. I may not be on later to change it later. Sorry but I need to be absolutely sure.

EDIT: If yesterday's was a whipping,what do you call Ireland's loss to New Zealand today? :P

ALSO GC...

I was looking back over the roles and abilities and The Snitch's action does not get posted in the night post. It could of just seemed he/she did not act when they did behind the scenes.

I don't know about that. On night 1 the Snitch was mentioned, so I assumed the Snitch didn't act last night as he wasn't mentioned anywhere in the night post.

Question to hosts: What happens in these situations?

The Queen Bee successfully RID's a player and infatuates him. On the same night the Smart Blonde cures the same player. Will this infatuation be counted as 1 out of 8 for the Queen Bee?

The Queen Bee successfully RID's a player and infatuates him. On the same night the School genius correctly guesses that Queen Bee RID's Player X. Will the RID be blocked? Or is the infatuation successful?

I find this all incredibly suspicious. How can JS give out a hint that only you understand? This is mafia: we use logic to retrieve the truth. Not just JS, we all do. And in this specific case you asked him to roleclaim, more or less, making him an easy target for the NK. You've compromised the safety of the town.

I know you're new at this, so I'll forgive you ;) but we are ALL easy targets for the night kill. The Hooligans don't need to RID to kill, they just pick someone. JS hinting at his role doesn't put him in any more jeopardy than he was in the night before when the Snitch went after him.

I never asked him to role claim. You have my exact words in a quote. I asked for a hint...and not a hint ONLY I could understand (because we all use logic). There is really only one way JS could be accomplishing everything he has and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm fairly certain I haven't.

Good news is you have manged to convince me you are a Student, because you're clearly acting without BTSC. :P

Edited by Social_Darwin

Joe's Student. How sure are you that PT is a Hooligan? Are you willing to stake your school carrer on it?

If you think he is the Snitch why are you worried about getting a fanfare as opposed to him getting a lulliby :huh: ?

Because blocking the Snitch isn't half as effective as dispelling all attacks against one's self.

I haven't had a chance to read the previous posts, cause we have a thunder storm coming and I always turn off my computer then and all the appliances just to be safe.

I still haven't heard of scsw or G so all I can tell you about my goodie role is that it's tricky.

I already said that I don't like us ganging up on PT cause we won't have a chance to change anything, besides think about this one, if we all bandwagon on one person, all the baddies (both factions) will do the same thing. If we split the votes on at least three people the baddies will have to do the same.

Since peace refused to talk when I previously asked her to that's where my vote goes!

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda - voting for peace

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

19. GC

We should really pressure more people other then PT, besides he already defended himself, I don't know how good but we at least heard from him, unlike from some other people :dry: *glares at those people*

We should really pressure more people other then PT, besides he already defended himself, I don't know how good but we at least heard from him, unlike from some other people :dry: *glares at those people*

I'm sorry that I was sort of unactive, I just got a fever yesterday night, and today my temperature went up to 104 Farenheit, I don't know what it is in Celcius, but the normal temperature in farenheit is 98.6. I'm feeling a bit better, so I'll put up my vote right now. I'm not sure how to put 2 quotes in one post, so I'll put up my vote in my next vote.

I'm going to vote for Prof. T because JS is a pretty experienced mafia player, and he wouldn't say that he's 100% sure that Prof. T is a baddie unless he knew for sure. I think I know who JS is, but I'm not sure.

2. Abhisk voting for Prof. T

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101

19. GC

I don't know about that. On night 1 the Snitch was mentioned, so I assumed the Snitch didn't act last night as he wasn't mentioned anywhere in the night post.

Question to hosts: What happens in these situations?

The Queen Bee successfully RID's a player and infatuates him. On the same night the Smart Blonde cures the same player. Will this infatuation be counted as 1 out of 8 for the Queen Bee?

The Queen Bee successfully RID's a player and infatuates him. On the same night the School genius correctly guesses that Queen Bee RID's Player X. Will the RID be blocked? Or is the infatuation successful?

1: The player will be attracted by two equally beautiful students and the Queen Bee's attempt will be thwarted.

2: The RID will be blocked if the School Genius/Nerd decides to block that action. Remember he can only choose 1/3 to block if it's correct - he can only be at one place at a time.

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101 voting for JS

19. GC

unlike most people I dont trust you JS I never trust blindly and you have to much pull over everyone I dont like that so sorry Im voting for you

An honest mistake was made while we were putting all the night posts together on N1 and the following changes have been made to one of the roles to keep the game consistent:

Anime Otaku [M]: Crazy about anime, he cosplays roles from anime/manga and roams the school at night.

Night 1: Naruto – As a ninja, he may follow a player and learn the actions of the tracked player.Will not be revealed in the night post.

Night 2: Monkey D. Luffy – As a Pirate that ate the Gomu-Gomu fruit, he will not be harmed by anything (cannot be suspended). Attacks on him will be revealed in the night post.

Night 3: Light Yagami – A genius with great predicting ability, he may learn a person’s role for the night. Bypasses modifiers. Will not be revealed in the night post.

Night 4: Kurosaki Ichigo – As a Shinigami, he may RID block any student. Successful blocks appear in the night post. Unsuccessful ones will not.

Night 5 and onwards: May choose any of the above to cosplay, but not the same one two nights in a row.

I would also like to mention that some of the character designs were taken from Sinistral's Pirate Mafia, especially the Snitch role and the Q/A template for the Computer Geek.

Edited by scsw

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey voting for Mekal

8. Mekal

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

19. GC

I haven't heard from Mekal so I'm voting for him B))

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

8. Mekal

9. Phaze voting for Prof. T

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

19. GC

OK JS but you may have just confessed to being the Queen Bee,

Grey Cells it may just be Mafia Paranoia kicking in but if this is correct it may not be the first time the hooligans have used the bully to attempt to divert attention from themselves.

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey voting for Mekal

8. Mekal

9. Phaze voting for Prof. T

11. Blue of thout

15. RainThinker

16. Prof. Templeton

17. Magic_luver101 voting for Mekal

19. GC

JS I think I know who you are now, so sorry for what I said before. But I dont have the hart to for vote Prof. T and plus I still want to here from Mekal. So that is who I'm voting for.

Edit: Sorry wrong color and bad spelling

Edited by Magic_luver101