BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

High School Mafia

Gmaster479

I changed my vote because I wanted to hear from Mekal -_-

And I'm telling you all that he can't be the Vandal. RPG, if you agreed then please change your vote.

To spell out what I'm saying -_- : We have a tied vote with no player having more than 3 votes, then if the Rich Kid is voting for a tied player that player will be lynched, thus meaning we have exposed the Rich Kid down to three players. If the Rich Kid isn't voting for a tied player then we'll know immediately who the Rich Kid is b/c the person he votes for will be lynched, even though there will only be one vote on the roster.

May I add that it's in the interest of the Hooligans to not follow through with a tied vote. If you're voting for Mekal please participate and create a tie. Would you prefer to expose the Rich Kid or lynch someone who can't be the Vandal?

Ideally, we should have spread the vote vote out completely, with everyone voting for just the one person, but I wasn't on early enough to propose that and give enough time for people to follow along.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe's student, i agree with your logic but like you say there are not enough people here to create the conditions, that the hooligans could try and muck up anyway. I'm currently voting for abhisk, though for no reason, me changing my vote wouldn't alter much as many people are voting for mekal.

Change to who? At this point the only one close is Abhisk with no information on them what-so-ever. What makes you say Mekal can't be the Vandal

I think we've found ourselves a Hooligan. I'm vouching that he can't be the Vandal, which is the basis of you're whole argument. Surely an attempted tie with Abhisk where we could expose a possibility for the Rich Kid is better than lynching Mekal, ey Prof. Vandalton?

Joe's student, i agree with your logic but like you say there are not enough people here to create the conditions, that the hooligans could try and muck up anyway. I'm currently voting for abhisk, though for no reason, me changing my vote wouldn't alter much as many people are voting for mekal.

Sorry, thought Limey's vote was yours. BUt at least it would be clear who the Hooligans are that are trying to muck this up.

Prof. T is a prime example.

Mekal could be almost anyone (a few possiblilities have been ruled out. The vandal didn't have to act on night one, so just because mekal was blocked doesn't make him a hooligan. Even though GC was blocked by the bully, that could be a clever ruse by the hooligans to throw the scent off GC being the vandal.

Who should I change my vote for?? With no solid info, i'll just keep it with the random vote of abhisk. I think for tomorrow we need to be very careful of the people who have been very quiet today.

I'm all for trying to out the Rich Kid, but what happens if the RK is one one the 5 or 6 people who hasn't voted? Or if we tie the vote (somehow) at four, he could still be one of those 5 or 6 or the 2 who are voting by themselves. We need a better effort from everyone early and more often if we want to avoid these kind of situations. I would rather go with a good possible at this point as opposed to leaving it up to a coin toss. Unless you wan't to tell me why you said Mekal can't be the Vandal, JS. Not much time left.

Edit: If you are vouching for him, then that is more definite. I'll change my vote. Hang on.

I'm all for trying to out the Rich Kid, but what happens if the RK is one one the 5 or 6 people who hasn't voted? Or if we tie the vote (somehow) at four, he could still be one of those 5 or 6 or the 2 who are voting by themselves. We need a better effort from everyone early and more often if we want to avoid these kind of situations. I would rather go with a good possible at this point as opposed to leaving it up to a coin toss. Unless you wan't to tell me why you said Mekal can't be the Vandal, JS. Not much time left.

Edit: If you are vouching for him, then that is more definite. I'll change my vote. Hang on.

I don't think you can vote, right? The time is already up by a few minutes, so does it matter to stretch the time? Just wondering.

Also, I just found out from my parents that I won't be here on saturday onwards until the 19th. We're going to go to San Diego for my sisters graduation, and then stay there for a while. Sorry again, I just got it sprung on me right now, today morning before i went to school. It looks that RT will probably be substituting, unless i get suspended before that. Sorry again. :(

Edited by abhisk

It's still 4 to 5. I'm trusting you JS (even though you called me Vandleton :dry: ).

School Administrators: Gmaster479 and scsw

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk - voting for Amberrock

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan - voting for Abhisk

5. Limey - voting for Mekal

6. RPGBully - voting for Mekal

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze - voting for Abhisk

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator (suspended by 'The Snitch')

13. andromeda - voting for peace

14. Social Darwin - voting for Mekal

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton - voting for Abhisk

17. Magic_luver101 - voting for Mekal

18. JS - voting for Abhisk

19. GC - voting for Mekal

The trouble is even if we did some how manage to tie the vote, it is most likely that we have picked 2 non-hooligans, thus the RK doesn't have to act, he's more than happy to go to a coin toss.

Edited by underground_dan

I would prefer to vote for you now, although as you mentioned there isn't enough time. There are plenty of ways I could know he's not the Vandal, stop trying to gauge info to pass on to your BTSC buddies Vandalton :P. As a goodie you would have accepted that fact. :ph34r:

Also I'm not vouching for him, I just know he's not the Vandal. Which, like I said, is the basis of your vote.

It looks like it's too late now anyway.

Edit: misspelled know :rolleyes:

Edited by Joe's Student

Okay, Day Post will be up soon. Just waiting on scsw to confirm something. I'll take votes until that post goes up

Edit: It was 7:28 EST Prof. T, but when you see the day post, you'll see it doesn't matter

Yay, does that mean I won't get suspended? :hoping:

The trouble is even if we did some how manage to tie the vote, it is most likely that we have picked 2 non-hooligans, thus the RK doesn't have to act, he's more than happy to go to a con toss.

I believed Mekal not to be a Hooligan so either way a non-hooligan was most likely going to be lynched (between Mekal and abhisk). I was just trying to make it that in lynching a non-hooligan we got something out of it. Which we have :). That PT is a hooligan. I hope he's the Vandal :P.

Doing this to ensure my survival.

School Administrators: Gmaster479 and scsw

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk - voting for Mekal

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan - voting for Abhisk

5. Limey - voting for Mekal

6. RPGBully - voting for Mekal

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze - voting for Abhisk

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator (suspended by 'The Snitch')

13. andromeda - voting for peace

14. Social Darwin - voting for Mekal

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton - voting for Abhisk

17. Magic_luver101 - voting for Mekal

18. JS - voting for Abhisk

19. GC - voting for Mekal

Day 1: Liars Liars, School's on Fire

The first lynching of the school year was ready to take place. Everyone was primed and ready to gang up on Mekal and make sure that someone got in trouble for what happened to Reay...except for Reay.

Just before the lynching, Reay snuck into the school and PULLED THE FIRE ALARM

'EH EH EH, EH EH EH'

Mr Rich came over the intercom in a panic.

"Everyone out of the building this instant! There's a fire!"

The students, depressed about not being able to continue with the lynch, walked out of school where they were stuck the rest of the day as Mr. Rich was taught protocol for Fire Safety. All day actions were negated

END

So just as an explanation, this is one of two planned 'school-themed events' that will happen. For being the first one eliminated, Reay was given the power to pull a fire alarm during any day or night session for the rest of the game, and chose to do it today.

Also here is a warning that all of those who don't post during the day time will be given 'detention' for that night, just like in Fantasy Mafia, so no night actions. No one is there tonight, but not posting actions or votes will cost you starting now, and

I will PM everyone who hasn't been active on the boards.

Night 2 ends in 24 Hours

I believed Mekal not to be a Hooligan so either way a non-hooligan was most likely going to be lynched (between Mekal and abhisk). I was just trying to make it that in lynching a non-hooligan we got something out of it. Which we have :). That PT is a hooligan. I hope he's the Vandal :P.

I was the only one, until recently, who was trying to do something not to lynch a goodie. I had hoped Mekal would have made some kind of contibution. Also, you could have made your revelation a little sooner. You appear to have some information I don't. I was just trying to do the best by my fellow students.

Even better to attempt to lynch someone who we personally believe is suspect. Thus killing two birds with one stone. I still believe that Mekal is more probably innocent along with Grey Cells. I am assuming that the Drum Major had nothing to go on (any additional information at the start of the game or way to determine information via BTSC for example) when he made his first choice.

If someone had picked Grey Cells I would have been just as suprised as Abhisk picking Mekal.

Could Andromeda being trying to put a spanner in your plans JS?