BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

High School Mafia

Gmaster479

It is finally time to see who was a socialite in High-school and who was that shy introverted kid. Please take note of the minor changes in the roles. You should have been Pmed with a role and if you haven't please PM me or scsw.

Prelude:

(Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing)

(Intercom): "Good Morning students and welcome to Mafioso High School. I hope you are all ready for a great new school year."

"As you know last week our Principal and Vice-Principal, Dr. Rookie and Mr. Bonanova were laid to rest after dying in a tragic and unfourtunate car accident. But don't be worried as Rich Boy's father, Mr. Rich, has taken over these positions and thanks to his generous donation to the school we should be able to do more than ever before in this school"

"Now may I introduce your new principal, Mr. Rich"

(Mr. Rich): "Yes yes thank you. Now students I know Dr. Rookie and Mr. Bonanova were brilliant educators and you liked them very much, but we need to look towards the future. I am nowhere near as nice as they were and I see education as a very strict business and a place where learning must happen at the highest level. That's why I have implemented school uniforms so that no one will be able to know who is who and so that no one will be distraction. If anyone is a distraction, I have a 'no tolerance' policy and will be disciplining everyone who I feel is a distraction to this school in anyway. If you don't like it, then keep your nose clean. Thank you."

So class, welcome to High-School Mafia, where some want an education, and others just want to rule the school.

Will the prefects lead the students to victory and return order to Mafioso High? Will those infamous school hooligans turn this school upside-down? Or will everyone simply be puppets under the Queen Bee's spell?

ROLES:

Hooligans: Wins by being the last faction standing.

Have BTSC. Can choose one student to be suspended every night.

School Bully [M]: Can bully a player into submission and block their night action.

Vandal [M]: Can post anything of his liking on the Night post due to his unrivaled spray painting skills (Once per night).

Rich Kid [M]: Bribes the vote counter in the Day, giving him double voting power (+3 if more than 10 people are voting). When investigated will appear to be a random normal student.

Snitch [M]: May spread false rumors about any student of his choice. Rumors last for 2 Night/Day sessions. Action will not be posted. When investigated, the student will appear as a random Hooligan.

Students: Wins by being the last faction standing.

Class Presidents

Have BTSC.

Class President [M]: May choose to end the day early and pardon lynch if he can RID the individual. The saved player’s role will not be revealed.

Class Vice-President [M]: Can blacklist a student every Night. The name will not be posted but stays on the list for 1 Night/Day cycle. If the student acts, the Prefect will learn the student’s role (affected by all modifiers).

Other Students

Do not have BTSC unless stated.

School Paper Editor [F]: She learns the roles of all suspended students and has the option of posting one in the school newsletter. The post will appear in the Day post.

Anime Otaku [M]: Crazy about anime, he cosplays roles from anime/manga and roams the school at night.

Night 1: Naruto – As a ninja, he may follow a player and learn the actions targeting the tracked player.Will not be revealed in the night post.

Night 2: Monkey D. Luffy – As a Pirate that ate the Gomu-Gomu fruit, he will not be harmed by anything (cannot be suspended). Attacks on him will be revealed in the night post.

Night 3: Light Yagami – A genius with great predicting ability, he may learn a person’s role for the night. Bypasses modifiers. Will not be revealed in the night post.

Night 4: Kurosaki Ichigo – As a Shinigami, he may RID block any student. Successful blocks appear in the night post. Unsuccessful ones will not.

Night 5 and onwards: May choose any of the above to cosplay, but not the same one two nights in a row.

Goth [M]: Tolerant of everything and given up on life, he may choose to receive all actions targeting a student. Actions targeting him will still apply on top of the actions targeted on the other student. If chosen to be targeted for suspension, only has a 50% chance of being suspended (does not override lynching).

School Genius [M]: May predict 3 actions every night. A prediction will be as such: <Role> targets <Player>. Gets told which are correct and may choose to prevent a night action.

Knows who the Smart Blonde is and have BTSC.

Smart Blonde [F]: Ever ready to clear the Dumb Blonde stereotype, she is able to cure one infatuated male per day. No RID needed.

Knows who the School Genius is and have BTSC.

Computer Geek[M]: May hack into the school database and learn the contact information of any suspended player. May then contact the suspended player and ask 3 questions. Suspended player may choose to tell the truth or not. The contacted player will be posted in the Night post, but questions and answers will not be posted.

Question : Answer format

• What is your [Role]? - I am [Role]
  • Who is [Player]? - [Player] is [Role]
  • Who is [Role]? - [Role] is [Player]
  • What did you see on [Night X]? - I saw [Player] [Action] [Player].
  • Who did you target on [Night/Day X]? - I targeted [Player].

Jock [M]: All brawns and no brain, may choose to pummel a student every other night and send him/her to the hospital for the school year.

Will be infatuated as long as targeted by Queen Bee (or Head Cheerleader) even if RID is wrong.

Drum Major [M]: He may choose to cast a musical spell on any student. A lullaby will disable the student’s actions for the night. A fanfare will disable all actions targeting the student.

Gay Kid [M]: The school homosexual. If targeted by Queen Bee (or Head Cheerleader), can redirect infatuation to any role of his choosing.

Twilight Fan [F]: Another poor soul that was caught in the Twilight craze. Became extremely self obsessed and may redirect one action targeting her to another player.

Queen Bees: Manage to infatuate 8 male students (including hooligans)

Have BTSC. Being overly famous, all Queen Bees will be outed if they get suspended.

Queen Bee [F]: Can post 2 RIDs a night, targeting male students. If correct, the student will be infatuated with her. Only she will know who is infatuated with her. If targeted for suspension, a random infatuated student will sacrifice himself for her.

Head Cheerleader [F]: Can distract a student and block his/her ability. Will assume the Queen Bee’s role on top of her own should the Queen Bee be suspended.

School Idol [F]: Will find out the gender of students visiting her at night.Will assume the Queen Bee’s role on top of her own should the Head Cheerleader be suspended but only allowed 1 RID per night. When investigated will appear as a random normal student.

General Mechanics:

1. All investigations count as a visit.

2. Blocking roles always prevails over killing roles.

3. If there is a tie for suspension, a coin flip will decide who is suspended.

Rules:

1. Players who have no BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact) cannot in any time PM another player to reveal game information.

2. Players may not, under any circumstances post PMs they receive from the host/co-host on the game thread.

3. Inactive players shall face our wrath.

Host: GMaster479

Co-Host: scsw

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

17.Magic_luver101(Magic)

18. JS

19. GC

Replacements:

1.RainThinker

Good Luck to all.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gmaster479 is there any chance you could post the time remaining (approx no. of hours) as well as the EST deadline? to help those of us who live in varied time zones!

There were some questions that were asked and some information are relevant to be shared with everyone.

1. Blocking actions will be revealed in the night post.

2. Spying actions will not be revealed in the night post.

Night 1 has ended a while ago, but I don't have all the actions with me. We will ensure that the post comes up the moment we get all the actions together. Just a reminder; please try to PM both of us your action PMs and questions, so that we can get back to you and get posts out asap. :) Thanks for your patience!

Night 1: Diamond & the Snitch

Reaymond walks down the hallway, annoyed by being back for the first day of school. Scared of the new regime he tries to be quiet, keep it cool. Unfortunately, the snitch sees that too. He quickly runs into the Principal's Office and takes the diamond sitting on his desk. It's the only thing that Mr. Rich could care about in his office, so The Snitch puts the diamond in his pocket and then throws it into Reaymond's backpack. A few minutes later, Mr. Rich comes storming over the intercom

"WHO TOOK MY DIAMOND?" "WHOEVER HAS TAKEN IT WILL BE CAUGHT AND BE SUSPENDED IMMEDIATELY!, AND ALL STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO MY OFFICE THIS INSTANT TO BE SEARCHED"

The Snitch has reaymond trapped. Everyone gathers as reaymond walks by the main office, having been close by. The Snitch jumps out from the shadows, trips him and the diamond comes flying out of his backpack, smashing on the tiled floor.

Seeing everything. Mr. Rich storms out of his office and screams "REAYMOND, YOU ARE SUSPENDED" as he tries to pick up the pieces of his million-dollar gem. Without even a second for a defense, the guards pick him out and throw him out of school.

Andromeda was also in the Principal's office that day. She was probably in there talking with Mr. Rich nearly 5 minutes before the Snitch came in, but wasn't even a suspect in Mr. Rich's mind...

Meanwhile on the 3rd floor of the school, The Bully was having his way with GC.

"No, please" GC pleads "I've given you all the money I have!"

"Well then you aren't much use to me" says the Bully, as he throws him into a tight locker and puts a padlock on it. GC realizes that the combination for the lock is on the back still, but he will struggle all night to get the lock to open...

The Music Suite was on the first floor, all the way towards the back of the school. As mekal wandered about the music suite he heard an odd sound, like a loud roaring drum set. It didn't seem like much, but he wanted to figure out what was going on, but he realizes soon after that this wasn't his best idea. The second he opens the door he realizes the Drum Major is conducting the flutes

The drums stopped the second he went in the room and instantly the flutes started playing. He knew that he was dead if he listened to them for more than a few seconds and then before he could turn his body around, he was out cold, asleep. He'd be staying curled up on the piano that night...

END

Day 1 ends in 24 hours

Edited by Gmaster479

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

12. Reaymanator (suspended by 'The Snitch')

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

17.Magic_luver101(Magic)

18. JS

19. GC

Replacements:

1.RainThinker

Thanks Andromeda :)

Edited by Gmaster479

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan

5. Limey voting for Marth

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

17.Magic_luver101(Magic)

18. JS

19. GC

Replacements:

1.RainThinker

Just random.org giving me 15 Sorry Marth

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

4. underground_dan voting for Abhisk

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

17.Magic_luver101(Magic)

18. JS

19. GC

Replacements:

1.RainThinker

Again like Limey random number generated was 2, sorry Abhisk

Andromeda was also in the Principal's office that day. She was probably in there talking with Mr. Rich nearly 5 minutes before the Snitch came in, but wasn't even a suspect in Mr. Rich's mind...

Hehe... I guess this one was the Vandal's doing... hm... I wonder who wrote it

I'll think about it a bit before I cast my vote. I don't want to just randomly vote for someone like others do. :)

Hehe... I guess this one was the Vandal's doing... hm... I wonder who wrote it

I'll think about it a bit before I cast my vote. I don't want to just randomly vote for someone like others do. :)

I don't think that was a message from the Vandal. How would the Vandal know that Mr. Rich had suspects? I doubt the Hosts would volunteer that kind of information. So why were you in the Principal's office? Either you were doing something or had something done to you. There has to be a reason for it's inclusion. Doesn't mean your a baddie, though. I'm just trying to sort things out. So if that bit wasn't from the Vandal (and I suppose the hosts could ammend the message in some way, so it may be), what happened to the Vandal? The target of a block perhaps?

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk

3. Peace!

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

17.Magic_luver101(Magic) voting for Social Darwin

18. JS

19. GC

Replacements:

1.RainThinker

1. Clozobozo

2. Abhisk voting for Mekal

3. Peace!

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

18. JS

19. GC

Replacements:

1.RainThinker

May I know why you're voting for him? My guess is totally random, sorry Mekal, just putting something up there for my slot because I may not be able to come back, so I don't want to be charged of inactivity. :D Most probably, I will change my vote. Also, Magic, don't use crazy colors!!!

1. Clozobozo

3. Peace!

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

18. JS

19. GC

Sorry did not mean to post that color

Nothing much learned from the night posts based on which we can choose who to vote for. Reay was most probably not one of the Bullies' group. There's a very slight chance he could have been one of the Bullies', but I doubt it.

Questions: Are the Queen Bee's RID targets included in the night post? Only the success of the RID attempt will not be mentioned, right? Or is the Queen never mentioned in the night post? And if the Queen successfully RID's on night one, can she divert the actions on herself to that RID'ed individual on the same night, i.e. on night one itself?

EDIT: And yeah! I would like to hear from CPB on that intriguing para, which I cannot make anything of.

1. Clozobozo

3. Peace!

6. RPGBully

7. Eeeeep

8. Mekal

9. Phaze Abhisk

10. Amberrock

11. Blue of thout

13. andromeda

14. Social Darwin

15. Marth

16. Prof. Templeton

18. JS

19. GC

I dont buy the idea that Mekal is suspcious Abhisk as far I can see he is not the Bully and he is not the Snitch (he is not also the Drum Major unless they can select themselves Clarification on this please scsw and GMaster). So it is you who is more likely to be untrustworthy as an innocent. However it is early in the game if you can somehow backup your choice I'll change my vote. I am not sure if the vandal was involved with last nights post the way I read the role you will need to make up your own mind. I suggest for the Drum Major next time to not pick Mekal so everyone has some indication of how suspect he is.